Did My Cat Give Birth?

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been away over night and I got home and now my cat looks a lot smaller than when i left yesterday. I have a male cat in the house also and I am very worried that he may have killed the kittens, I don't see any kittens but she has a purple mark on her ear now and like I said she looks to be much smaller than she was... I am very worried???! Has anyone experienced this before? Her belly was much bigger and could feel the kittens moving now I cannot... What do I do?? Please respond as soon as possible!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its very possible she has "dropped" - they do it the last days before delivery - and they do looks "less obvious". Some forumites are even convinced they must have delivered. The kittens are further down in the birthing canals, so they arent so easily felt either...

IF a male kills the kittens, its usually by shaking them to death Its seldom they eat them up. So, most probable is she dropped. If not, and she delivered, so she has hidden them somewhere safe. Seek, and you shall find!

Is the male usually friend with her? If so, he is no danger for the kittens. Still, it may be best to separate them, unless they arent visibly very attached to each other.

Wise to spay him asap, she can get preg again quite soon after the delivery...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She doesn't have milk just yet i dont believe but it seems it will be coming soon

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do think that the kittens dropped, I don't think that she had them I was just freaking out lol. But how long is it usually before they give birth once the kittens have dropped because I have to be gone tonight also. The male is her best friend, he got her pregnant (he is getting fixed on June 5th!), i am going to separate them tonight just incase. Should she be okay to have them on her own? She is under a year old, almost 10 months to be exact. The male and her cuddle constantly and love on each other.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
C cat-momma

It sounds like the kittens have dropped down near the birth canal in preparation for labor and delivery soon. She'll get milk when the kittens are born.

She could go into labor at anytime now.

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since i have to be gone over night should I keep her separately from my male cat? Should she be okay to deliver on her own? THis is her first set of kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you have any doubts, the safe answer is to separate them for the night.

It's difficult to say if she'll be okay on her own. I would want to be with my cat.

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Obviously if I could be home with her I would, she's my baby

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, we understand this. SArthur and I cant give other answer than these you got. :)

We all must do what we got to do. "Keep the gunpowder dry, pray if you wish, and hope for the best!"

Obviously if I could be home with her I would, she's my baby

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She had her first kitten this morning at 8:50am it is now 10:21am and she still hasn't had her second kitten... I know for sure that she has another coming but not sure if their will be more after that. HOw much longer before she has the next one? Is it normal for it to be this long?!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it can be hours and even days. It's normal. Congrats on the first kitten! :)

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you :) :) I hope it's not much longer, I don't have the energy to be up much longer, she had it up against the door so i had to put a towel in the door so the kitten didn't get stuck under the door!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my! Perhaps you can bed down nearby in case she needs you.

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This room doesn't have a bed unfortunately :( I am waiting on my boyfriend to get home hopefully he will have to watch out for her because I'm about to pass out! She is a white stubtail munchkin and the father is a siamese, i can't believe the kitten is orange! I will post a picture soon!

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1496070783815-371099784.jpg
Here is the first little kitten and mommy! Awh!! Thank you so much for everyone's help! I appreciate it!! I was very nervous and stressed out, so glad I was able to be here for her, she definitely needed me!

cat-momma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't just yet, I am going to post them somewhere I already did in Facebook but no one responded