Delivery Question

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah this felt like a little wave on the side of her stomach.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww, I think part of it was patience on my part and part patience on her part. She was on her back and I just stayed there. I would have missed it if I didn't keep my hand there for at least 5 or more minutes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I have to wait to feel Baby Girl's kittens move. The thumps sound like little kicks. If Carly will let you you could kinda rub with a littel presure and see if you can make them move. Baby Girl is getting where she won't let us touch her belly again. We are going to try and clip the hair on her belly tomorrow. She's staying awake more yesterday and today and just walking around the house. She's also trying to get outside more. Earlier today I let her out of her room and after a while she went back in on her own. I think it will be either this weekend or early next week (Baby Girl). I still think Zoe and Carly will go before her. They do seem to like to keep us guessing.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dunno, Baby Girls getting pretty close too...
I guess we'll have to see! Just watching her now, I feel so bad...she's just so BIG! I hope she has them soon!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we are at the waiting stage. But all these kittens are going to be adorable. I can't wait.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please tell me that this is normal. Carly went to her "spot" under my bed but it was covered with things like books and little boxes. We are trying to discourage her from nesting there. Well she scraped at the books and went to town trying to get them out of her way. I was worried that she was peeing under there so I'm going to have my husband move the bed so I can check. Then she goes to eat and to her litterbox and after the litterbox she is scooting her butt on the carpet leaving poop stains on it. I had her wormed so that's not it but she had a lot of crusties on her butt so I had to clean her up. I'm a very neat person so I cannot have that on my bed or on my carpet.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has probably gotten too big to clean herself back there. Usually scooting on the carpet is to clean or scratch themselves. You said she had crusty stuff so it's most likely she just needs help cleaning after she potties. They have cat cleaning cloths at Wal-Mart you could get or even just some baby wipes would do. Oviously you could also use a warm wash cloth (I prefer using ones I can throw away). Try this and see if it helps.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cslenker

She has probably gotten too big to clean herself back there. Usually scooting on the carpet is to clean or scratch themselves. You said she had crusty stuff so it's most likely she just needs help cleaning after she potties. They have cat cleaning cloths at Wal-Mart you could get or even just some baby wipes would do. Oviously you could also use a warm wash cloth (I prefer using ones I can throw away). Try this and see if it helps.
I agree! I hope it gets better
You may want to start thinking about confining her to one room...

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I have those wipes I bought them at Wal-Mart when she first came to us. I am going to start keeping her in the restroom. She went and hid under my daughter's bed and I had to go and find her but at least she came out to me and followed me when I asked her to. She was mad at me for cleaning her up I know but she had poop all over her rear and I thought for sanitary reasons I had to get it off. Poor baby. I did trim her hair on her rear area but I just think her belly is making it hard for her to be coordinated.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor girl...although she may not appreciate it now, she's lucky to have a mommy like you
I don't know if I'm imagining it or not, but I think Zoe might be getting her milk in! Fingers crossed!!!!!!

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay I'm freaking out! She used the litterbox and I noticed she was acting funny and had something on the end of her tail. It was litter and I went to clean her up and noticed there was bright red blood around her anal area. She had some loose stool that was very smelly in the litterbox and seems to have trouble sitting on her rear end. Could she have popped a hemorrhoid? I double and triple checked the blood is not coming from her vulva area. I noticed that her stool was very firm and hard today but the last was loose.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oo, I can't say I know anything about that, but my only suggestion is to maybe call your vet and see what he suggests and try posting this in the cat health forum
for you and Carly!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Howis Carly doing this morning? Did you call the Vet? I know my mom's dog (a min pin) used to get an intestinal infection and would poop blood, they would put her on meds for it, not sure if it could be the same thing. One of my older cats did have some blood in her stool when she was about a year old, I can't remember what the vet called it but she was put on meds to get rid of it.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is what I think happened. I was combing her from the impromptu cleaning I had to give her. I was combing around her back end and she was enjoying it so I kept doing it to make sure there were not matts back there and to give her a little scratch. This was right where the anal glands are and not realizing that cats have anal glands I probably pressed on them with the comb and created a sensation for her to express them because the stool and her rear area smelled awful. It was worse than anything I've ever smelled before. After digging online I figured that's what it was because of the loose stool and smell. Now to call the vet to be sure he won't want to see her for infection. There is no more blood, no more smell, and no more loose stool so she is probably just fine but to be on the safe side I will call.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did some searching and it seems that it's normal for a cat that has been constipated to bleed. It said that the tissue is thin, easily irritated, and easy to bleed. I think you should just watch to see if there is anymore problems. You could call the vet, too. But I think if she doesn't do it again then it should be fine.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree. It's nothing to do with the stomach because she's still eating away and begging for treats. It was either anal gland related or hemorrhoid related. Either way I think she is fine.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can see the babies moving in her belly now. She was laying down sleeping and her belly just kept moving. She is starting to act very uncomfartable (like she can't find a comfartable position).

Baby Girl is mad at me. We clipped the hair on her belly. I didn't shave it because I was worried the clippers might catch her nipples. I used the 1/8 " attachment.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a releif!
Annnd, the waiting game continues on!
My guess for the due date is tomorrow, so I'm still hoping!! How many days do your girls have left?