Delivery Question

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me too which is why I called the vet. She might be holding it off on purpose. That might be why she's getting sick. I know they can do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dobby (light tabby/boy) has one eye open a little, Esme (black/girl) has both eyes open a little, and Molly (dark tabby/girl) no change yet. I'm soooo excited. I've been waiting for them to open their eyes.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What did the vet say?

mamakitty23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens are starting to open their eyes too, it is so exciting. Funny enough, the last one born was the first one to have one eye open, the other eye shut, a few days ago; he/she looks like a pirate. Now they are all in various stages of opening their eyes; they are the cutest little eyes I've ever seen. Because of this they are becoming so much more active, sniffing and wobbling around, meowing when I pet them...ugh they are just getting cuter and cuter!

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cslenker

What did the vet say?
They haven't called me back yet. She said he wasn't in the office this morning. I wonder if it could be a bacteria or something else? Taking her temperature has allowed me to know that she's not running a fever thank goodness and her behaviors are just normal today.

ETA: Okay he wants to see her because no it's not normal for her to be doing this. We will be going in on Friday. I really hope it's nothing serious.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that she'll have them before Friday! Come on Carly!

And beleive it or not, one of Zoe's boys is opening his eyes! I can't beleive it!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They can't see her sooner?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I CAN! They were at least a week late.

She seems very sleepy today and I can see the kittens moving all over inside of her. I wonder if cats go through what human women do in regards to a second morning sickness? Often times, women in their third trimester can get morning sickness again because of hormone shifts and lack of space. I'm almost an expert on human pregnancies but not cat ones.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

They can't see her sooner?
Yeah they could but I can't get there. I think it is going to stress her into labor just taking her there but if he's concerned enough to ask to see her then I'm willing to take her in.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay I'm so glad we have this thread we can reference. May 1st was the first time I posted being able to really feel kittens well. Saturday will be 2 weeks from that day so maybe we are just nearing the end and she's so full in there it's making her sick? Hopefully that's all it is. She was wormed in her 4th week and I know that there really isn't anything that they can do medicine wise for her now until after she gives birth so maybe we are just going to check her over and make sure there are no infections.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh, ok. Yeah, it might make her go into labor but that might be a good thing. Baby Girl is fine going to the vets, it's being caged that she doesn't like.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It could also be a hairball...I haven't had any luck getting her to eat the hairball malt stuff so she might be backed up in there. She does still groom herself and she is shedding so bad with the pregnancy that I can get huge balls of fur from her daily. I can't imagine what she ingests.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carlysmom

Okay I'm so glad we have this thread we can reference. May 1st was the first time I posted being able to really feel kittens well. Saturday will be 2 weeks from that day so maybe we are just nearing the end and she's so full in there it's making her sick? Hopefully that's all it is. She was wormed in her 4th week and I know that there really isn't anything that they can do medicine wise for her now until after she gives birth so maybe we are just going to check her over and make sure there are no infections.
In terms of gestation she seems normal, although it should be any day now...
I've had a few queens throw up just because their bellies are so filled that nothing caan stay down. But, if she hasn't had them by Friday, a check couldn't hurt.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and have you seen any milk yet? I know not all cats have it, but what I've noticed is that a lot of people may miss it because the cat has to release her milk first. For her do do that, they are usually lying down, and relaxed- if they are active or under any stress, you won't get any milk!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have read that they can be sick before having the kittens. I also have read that they can have the runs as well before having them. But you said that the kittens are moving really well so I wouln't think it's anything really serious. It could be her getting ready to go into labor. Even if it is a bacterial infection it's probably in her intestines and won't bother the kittens.

I know you said she's eating normal but what about drinking?

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CuteKittenKat

Oh, and have you seen any milk yet? I know not all cats have it, but what I've noticed is that a lot of people may miss it because the cat has to release her milk first. For her do do that, they are usually lying down, and relaxed- if they are active or under any stress, you won't get any milk!
Baby Girl didn't get hers until she delivered. I was really worried about that but it worked out great.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Even after she threw up last night she would drink a lot of water. I haven't been worried about that at all since she stays hydrated. I could make the homemade pedialite that is listed in the other thread to make sure she's getting enough electrolites but she's eating again today like nothing happened. I didn't think about it at the time but she definitely is over eating. I'm assuming the stomach cramps from the diarrhea caused her to vomit. Remember me posting about this the other day? I found yellow puddles and we thought maybe it was vomit? Probably was and the cause was the stomach cramping from diarrhea. It happens to humans too.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Baby Girl didn't get hers until she delivered. I was really worried about that but it worked out great.
I've tried expressing milk and get nothing. She seems to really like belly rubs now though and will roll over and let me rub her belly. Her nipples are white and crusty and the ring of hair is missing. I think putting a little oil on them is what's called for right?

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carlysmom

I've tried expressing milk and get nothing. She seems to really like belly rubs now though and will roll over and let me rub her belly. Her nipples are white and crusty and the ring of hair is missing. I think putting a little oil on them is what's called for right?
Yup, sounds good! Although she may not get milk first, it's definatly a helpful hint if she does.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I might save my money and wait it out just a bit longer if her stools go back to normal. I think I'm going to cut back on how much she's eating (she's obviously not controlling it good enough) and keep a close eye on her temperature. If she doesn't have kittens by the end of the weekend, I can take her in next week.