Delivery Question

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Carly is moving very slow today. She even looks like she might hurt a bit. Still eating but looks a bit depressed. That's the only way I can describe it.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carlysmom

Carly is moving very slow today. She even looks like she might hurt a bit. Still eating but looks a bit depressed. That's the only way I can describe it.
Maybe she's just concentrating on telling those kittens to get their little butts out of there.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hopefully that means kittens soon!
Zoe's been in her nest a lot today, but nothing more- still eating away like a piglet, but I've never really noticed the halt in eating from any of my previous queens...

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope so. I'll come back and update after I've had a little time with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That sounds promising. Baby Girl moved around slowly when she was in labor. She did not leave drops of blood, though. But from my understanding they can bleed some during the labor/delivery. Baby Girl just didn't. There was a little bit of blood when she pushed out the placentas and that was all. She hasn't bled since that I can tell.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think she's having contractions. I got enough time on her belly that I could feel it. What I felt was a lump get really hard and kind of move upwards towards her spine. I felt her belly off and on when she'd let me and it was getting rock hard and then soft. I'm pretty sure that's contractions.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think she's having contractions. I got enough time on her belly that I could feel it. What I felt was a lump get really hard and kind of move upwards towards her spine. I felt her belly off and on when she'd let me and it was getting rock hard and then soft. I'm pretty sure that's contractions.
That's so exciting! Keep us updated!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like contractions to me.
Keep us updated.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I sat there with my hand on her belly while she was relaxed and didn't feel it again. It might have been just a kitten moving around. I think that I counted 2 kittens on the right side. She doesn't lay on her right side much so I haven't been able to count the left yet.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What I can't believe is that someone besides us would actually read this many pages.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What I can't believe is that someone besides us would actually read this many pages.
I tried to re-read it, but I got about 6 pages in and my eyes were hurting

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our little thread has turned into a big one. Lol.

Well, darn, I was hoping on more kittens today.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know we'll see. She bit me HARD earlier when I even put my hand on her belly when she rolled on her back. It wasn't in play and I didn't like her doing that to me but I understand that they can be very protective of their belly at the end of the pregnancy. She's definitely not in a playful mood like she's been the previous days. She messed around in her box again today and she's sleeping a lot. The days prior to this she didn't sleep much and she would cry to have me in there with her or to be let out. Now she's not trying to get out and not crying to have someone with her either.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd definitly keep an eye on her. If she was about a week behind b
Baby Girl then it should be about time.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's very quiet today and that's such a change from the past 3 days. I'll let you guys know what's going on tonight.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay I have a question. I went to check on Carly and she didn't even greet me. She just got up and moved a little bit and plopped back down and went to sleep. I put my hand on her belly and felt kittens moving. Then she got up to adjust and when I put my hand there again, where the kitten was felt hard as a rock. Is this normal?

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Okay I have a question. I went to check on Carly and she didn't even greet me. She just got up and moved a little bit and plopped back down and went to sleep. I put my hand on her belly and felt kittens moving. Then she got up to adjust and when I put my hand there again, where the kitten was felt hard as a rock. Is this normal?
My best guess is that the kitten just shifted into a better position, that's all

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I felt it again after I went to use the restroom, same thing. Feels like a rock, very hard. She has absolutely no energy poor thing. I hope she has the kittens soon. I think she's done.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She sounds like she's doning what Baby Girl was doing Monday. If she'll let you leave your hand on her side do it and see if the hard spot just raises up (stays about 30 seconds or longer) and then just relaxes. If you feel the baby kind of roll up and make that spot hard then it's not a contraction. It feels more like the muscle knots up (if it's early in the labor). If the entire belly clenches (like your belly muscles do during a sit up) then she's having stronger contractions. That would mean she may be getting closer to the pushing stage.