Delivery Question

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carlysmom

Well, Carly shows no signs of being ready to have kittens. She's huge and that's it. I would think she'd show me some signs but she's just as goofy as ever.
Well, they've gotta come eventually...
I just hope eventually is soon, for Carly and Zoe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try resting your hand on her side right behind her ribs. I Felt the contractions about 8 hrs before seeing them.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I put my hand on her belly, and sre enough, every few minutes it clenched up a little. Then I tried to express her- and guess what???? She has her milk in!!!

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now you just have to keep us updated. And then pictures. Lol. I can't wait. I'm soooo excited.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG I'm always the last one!
I was saying in the other thread that Carly made this round nest out of the sheet that I have in her box. It's actually really neat that she did that. Up until now she's just gone in and messed around but this is in an actual shape so either she stayed in there for a bit or she shaped it. I would think that might mean she's close but she won't let me touch her belly enough to know if she's having contractions. By my count she'd be 61 days today but I don't know if I've felt kittens for 2 weeks. I think we might have at least another week.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After she started pushing a dark bubble started coming out and she popped it. Soaked the cat bed she was on. Lol.

Here's a picture of her when she was starting to push. She crawled up to Ninja and he was trying to make her feel better. It was adorable.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, what a cute picture!!! Ya, that's the same thing that happened with my last Mom cat too....still not too much change, I'm not sure if it actually was contractions I felt, or just her coughing a but since she has a cold...

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you tried feeling her belly again? It will feel like a kitten is pushing outward but it's up/down rather then side/side. There is also no rolling feeling before or after the lump comes up. You just feel it raise up under your hand and then it just goes away. I also noticed Baby Girl would kind of stretch her back legs out during a contraction. When the contractions started getting stronger she would jump up and move (not very far but she'd move). She also would go from front room to her room (stay there for a while), back to front room (stay there for a while). When it was time to push she went to her room (her nesting spot).

Baby Girl didn't really nest. She just kind of walked around and looked. She did try a few spots but I guess she was happy with the cat bed and dog bed I laid out in her room. After she had the first 2 kittens I tried to put her and the kittens in a shallow tote box. She grabbed one of the kittens and took it over by the bed. I spread a towel over the blankets in the blue dog crate and she carried him right into it. I just put the other kitten in with her and set the lid on top and covered the top with a blanket leaving the opening open for her. She really likes it.

I would think that if she's positioning the blanket she should be getting close.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm starting to think that it was just a false alarm
but I definatly did see milk, so it can't be long now! Her "contractions"/coughs didn't get much stronger, so we might have another day to go

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Carly has been acting almost sick. Usually she greets me with meows and gets up right away when I come in the bathroom to check on her. The last couple of times she's not even gotten up and barely looked at me.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started sleeping in my daughters room with Baby Girl last Thursday. Every morning when Kelsey came in to get dressed Baby Girl jumped up and wanted out. Kelsey said that Monday morning she didn't get up, she just layed there.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay HELP! I went in to check on Carly and there was diarrhea everywhere! She had gotten it outside of her box and it was all over the place. It was all over here, the box, the floor, it was a mess. I got it all cleaned and bleached and scooped her box and cleaned her up really well. Here's the thing. I saw this round puddle of yellowish clearish stuff on the floor in front of her litterbox. It was thick like mucous. Is this the start of labor for her? I remember Mama Kitty saying that hers had diarrhea all over the place right before she went into labor. I don't mind staying with her now that my kids are in bed for the night.

mamakitty23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That certainly was one of the most "noticeable" signs for me! Sounds like she is very close. Personally I would check on her every hour or so. My mama first had loose stool about 24 hours before she went into labor. Exciting! Keep us posted-

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She either vomited or her "water" broke. Baby Girl's was a yellowish water. How is she this morning? Did she have her kittens?

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's fine this morning and no kittens. She keeps crying for me to go into her room and then wants to spring out as soon as the door opens. I don't trust her not to go and hide in a place I can't get her so I won't let her out anymore. I found another yellow puddle on the ground by the litterbox. It's not urine because it's just too thick to be urine. I'm not sure that it's vomit because she finally ate last night and it would have food in it I think. If I'm not in the room with her she cries but I can't stay with her all day because I have to take care of my kids. Usually when she lays down to rest she won't cry after me to get me to come back but now she is. I just wish I knew more of what was going on. I feel so anxious because it's so unclear as to what is happening to her.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you tried to feel her side? You have to just leave your hand there for a while. If she's having contractions she'll have a lump come up right behind her ribs and then after maybe 30 seconds it will relax. Baby Girl has never been a vocal cat. When she was in labor she wanted me with her at all times. She also wanted her belly rubbed during the contractions. The mucus plug that they lose before delivery is a whitish cream color and it's very thick. Hers came out just a few minutes after she started pushing. Baby Girl did eat some during her labor.

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's not eating at all. She ate last night but that's it since. I don't think I've seen her drink water at all and usually I see her do all of those things. She had loose stool again in the box this time. She is resting now so I took the opportunity to leave. I have tried to feel her side but she will not let me leave my hand there long enough to get a read on anything. The kittens are moving like crazy though. I can see them all over the place.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Baby Girl didn't drink any water during her labor. She ate a little food after she had the first 2. She would straighten her back legs out during contractions and then when they got stronger she would get up and move during them, then lay back down.

If she's having contractions the babies will move right before one and between them.