Davidson vomiting... again :(

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

As for the food-I'm not happy with it either, especially with the by-products.
As for a feed store... we don't have anything like that here, we have a Mills Fleet Farm, they wouldn't carry it, would they??
I'm clueless about stuff like that, but I could check there for Chicken Soup.
if you can't find what you want locally, try premium foods online. i know they have lots of choices, & they list ingredients(!) which a lot of online sites don't. their shipping is reasonable, & they have specials every so often as well. i bought lots of different canned premiums there when i was trying [unsuccessfully] to convert Pixel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

if you can't find what you want locally, try premium foods online. i know they have lots of choices, & they list ingredients(!) which a lot of online sites don't. their shipping is reasonable, & they have specials every so often as well. i bought lots of different canned premiums there when i was trying [unsuccessfully] to convert Pixel.
Thank you so much, that helps a lot!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at Fleet Farm on Wed and I don't ever remember seeing The Chix Soup cat food there. But I buy their "sprout" moist cat food and all the cats-esp picky ox love it!! I've switched Ox to the Purina Naturals cat food (greenish bag) from Chix Soup and he likes that alot. Does he vomit shortly after eating?? He might be eating too fast. What my vet said is when you have more cats even though they each have their own dishes they can eat faster because they might be threatened by the other cats eating all the food instead of them so they gobble it down and throw up a short time later.
If he is vomited later could it be a food allergy?? When Grizzly would throw up alot I would boil up a chix breast and let it cool, shred it and give to her (after withholding food for a few hours to calm her stomach) Do you brush him that it could be lose hair??
Just some ideas.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I was at Fleet Farm on Wed and I don't ever remember seeing The Chix Soup cat food there. But I buy their "sprout" moist cat food and all the cats-esp picky ox love it!! I've switched Ox to the Purina Naturals cat food (greenish bag) from Chix Soup and he likes that alot. Does he vomit shortly after eating?? He might be eating too fast. What my vet said is when you have more cats even though they each have their own dishes they can eat faster because they might be threatened by the other cats eating all the food instead of them so they gobble it down and throw up a short time later.
If he is vomited later could it be a food allergy?? When Grizzly would throw up alot I would boil up a chix breast and let it cool, shred it and give to her (after withholding food for a few hours to calm her stomach) Do you brush him that it could be lose hair??
Just some ideas.
Its usually not after he eats- sometimes before, and sometimes after. He doesnt' eat fast or anything like that. I brush them both every other day.
The vet thinks its an allergy to something in the new food, but the bag of food doesn't say what they switched to, I hope someone on here knows!!

I'm gonna have to check out Mills Fleet Farm to see what they have there, I know their prices are pretty resonable.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The moist food in the "big cans" (12 oz??) $10.56 for a case of 24!! This is the only moist food I buy and its more of a treat than food. So a case can last me 3 months!! Fleet farm has their brand (sprout), nutro natural for sure and perhaps Iams & SD?? Can't remember offhand.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did they do any bloodwork?
How is he doing today?

I would try the food from the vet first. It's not the best food but both of my cats are on vet rx food and while it isnt the greatest (by products) it has helped their problems.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Use the I/D for now, it is bland and will soothe his stomach. But it's not a food you want to keep him on, it doesn't have the nutritional value he needs for long term use, and I agree, the ingrediens aren't great either. The Chicken soup is a good food. PM Sharky or Pat & Alix if you need more info, they know a lot about food, and have helped me many times! And Chicken Soup is a food Sharky recommended to me for cost. Mine eat Nutro but if I had to go cheaper, I would recommend that. I have read the lable and it has good stuff and no bad stuff. Another thing you can try is to raise his food bowl a little, maybe and inch or so, so he is more level while eating, not facing downward. It helps in some cases. Good luck!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Use the I/D for now, it is bland and will soothe his stomach. But it's not a food you want to keep him on, it doesn't have the nutritional value he needs for long term use, and I agree, the ingrediens aren't great either. The Chicken soup is a good food. PM Sharky or Pat & Alix if you need more info, they know a lot about food, and have helped me many times! And Chicken Soup is a food Sharky recommended to me for cost. Mine eat Nutro but if I had to go cheaper, I would recommend that. I have read the lable and it has good stuff and no bad stuff. Another thing you can try is to raise his food bowl a little, maybe and inch or so, so he is more level while eating, not facing downward. It helps in some cases. Good luck!
I'm going to try to find something to move their food bowls up a little bit- I'll see what I can find

My little guy sure is happy to be home though, the look on his little face was just horrible when he was getting his temp. taken
I was holding onto his front half and had my face up to his giving him kisses on his nose while they were doing it the whole time... he just looked at me like "Why!?" It broke my heart!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm going to try to find something to move their food bowls up a little bit- I'll see what I can find

My little guy sure is happy to be home though, the look on his little face was just horrible when he was getting his temp. taken
I was holding onto his front half and had my face up to his giving him kisses on his nose while they were doing it the whole time... he just looked at me like "Why!?" It broke my heart!
Awwww....I know that look! Poor guy, if only he understood when you explained it to him!
For now, you might just put a book or two under their food & water bowls. You can maybe find something cheap to permanently use to elevate their food bowls in Wal Mart...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Awwww....I know that look! Poor guy, if only he understood when you explained it to him!
For now, you might just put a book or two under their food & water bowls. You can maybe find something cheap to permanently use to elevate their food bowls in Wal Mart...
I do believe they have some kind of stand that comes with food dishes- I'll have to check that out this weekend. I have a feeling if I put them up on books or something, I will have a huge, huge mess

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear Harley is no worse for the wear. I hope the diet straigtens everything out for him!

Opps... I mean Davidson! Sorry! I was at work when I posted this and was in such a hurry! That's what I get, huh? Anyway.... I'm thinking about you and Davidson!
<eating crow>

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Glad to hear it's nothing serious...I know how worried you must have been for little Davidson!
I was pretty worried, I've never had any problems before, with either of them. I really wish I knew what the ingredient was in their food that they switched. I was really happy feeding them that! They loved it! Plus, it had no by-products

So far they arent' fans of this new food, but they are eating it. No throwing up today! Lets hope this continues and I can find a good food for my boys!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Glad to hear Harley is no worse for the wear. I hope the diet straigtens everything out for him!

Opps... I mean Davidson! Sorry! I was at work when I posted this and was in such a hurry! That's what I get, huh? Anyway.... I'm thinking about you and Davidson!
<eating crow>
Thats okay! I knew what you ment
Thank you for your well wishes!

So far, today- no vomiting!

They both ate a full bowl of the food yesterday, and everythings been 'normal'- litterbox, eating, playing, sleeping.
Lets hope we can get this under control and I can get them on a new food!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So far, today- no vomiting!

They both ate a full bowl of the food yesterday, and everythings been 'normal'- litterbox, eating, playing, sleeping.
Lets hope we can get this under control and I can get them on a new food!
That's great news! Lets hope it continues!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They may not have changed any of the ingedriants but just the amount of one or two and triggered a reaction....

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

They may not have changed any of the ingedriants but just the amount of one or two and triggered a reaction....
Really... I wish I knew what it was that they did, it would make this process SO much easier!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes ... see I will use Kandie as an expmple... when she was allergy tested 100%chn canned came positive but the the salmon can with chn as the 4th ingrediant came back negative

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did i miss - are you getting davidson tested for allergies or just switching his food.