Contacting companies for free samples

lvmygrdn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday we got cans of Dave's canned food in the mail. They sent me three 5.5 ounce cans, one is chicken and the other 2 are turkey. Going to try it later today and see if she likes it.
[/quote]
I received 4 samples of Dave's 95% yesterday. They liked the tuna and chicken. I rarely feed fish so it was a treat for them. Will try the turkey today. The Lotus samples should come today.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday we got cans of Dave's canned food in the mail. They sent me three 5.5 ounce cans, one is chicken and the other 2 are turkey. Going to try it later today and see if she likes it.
I received 4 samples of Dave's 95% yesterday. They liked the tuna and chicken. I rarely feed fish so it was a treat for them. Will try the turkey today. The Lotus samples should come today.[/quote] Mine liked chicken lotus not pollock though, very fishy.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy to report Fussie cat tuna and Red barn tricky Chicky still a hit! It's a good thing I bought 24 cans of each.

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad mine aren't picky eaters... they will eat everything you put in front of them.

I leave dry food readily available and give them wet/canned in the evenings.

I will have to try some of these. I have been looking for better food for them.

Thanks!!!! 

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
. Daves is like wellness
Peaches didn't really care for Dave's Turkey. I didn't think it was like Wellness but more like Wild Calling canned food. I will try the chicken flavor next but I don't think this is one I will be ordering. She likes Wild Calling Turkey much better and there is a little shop close to me that sells that one.

crimmie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got this reply from Feline Caviar:

Unfortunately we do not have samples to send out. We can send you a buy one get one free on the 4.4lb bags, this way you can try two different flavors of dry kibble. If your cats do not like it you can return it for a refund.

Our wet cat food trays have been miss labeled and are currently good a year after the expiration date stamped on the back. These are not sold in stores because of the miss labeled date. If you are interested we are running a promotion on the wet trays 60 single serving trays for $45.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you would like to receive a buy one get one free coupon for the kibble.

I contacted several companies. My favorite so far is from Newmanns own:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We have a nice Sample Box that I will send you that includes a small bag of dry food and a variety of canned food. I’ll put you name on our shipping list.

I hope that your kitties enjoy!

Sincerely,

Terry

Terry Hutmacher
Customer Relations
Newman’s Own Organics

And from Primal:

I can send you a sample of our Freeze-Dried Formulas if you like, and I can also send you a coupon to use with your local retailer for a Free Starer Pak of our Raw Frozen Formulas along with it (check out what the Starter Pak has to offer online at http://www.primalpetfoods.com/education/pak)? If your local retailer doesn’t usually stock the Starter Pak, simply speak to the management or ownership to place a special order for the item, and nine times out of ten you should see it make its way to you within about a week or less.

Please just let me know whether your pets have any allergies of which I should be made aware and I will be happy to stick that in the mail for you immediately.

Please also note that Primal does offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you’re pretty much covered risk-free for any product of ours that you try. Should you find yourself dissatisfied with any Primal products, please simply reach out via telephone or e-mail, as you have here, and I will be happy to assist you.

I look forward to hearing from you again shortly. Thank you for your time and interest in Primal, and have a great day!

Best Wishes,

Angeline King
Marketing / Customer Service
Primal Pet Foods

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for posting this is good to know.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got a sample of Dave's. I never heard from them after sending my email, so I didn't expect to get anything, but they did send a couple of cans.

crimmie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got a sample of Dave's. I never heard from them after sending my email, so I didn't expect to get anything, but they did send a couple of cans.
Huh...I never got a reply from them either. Maybe They will just send a sample :D

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After reading this thread, I just asked for samples from Against the Grain, Lotus, Wild Calling and Fussie Cat. I hope they still send out samples.

crimmie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After reading this thread, I just asked for samples from Against the Grain, Lotus, Wild Calling and Fussie Cat. I hope they still send out samples.
Addiction No reply
Against the Grain No Reply
Canidae Yes, will send samples
Daves No Reply
Earthborn Holistics Yes, will send samples
Feline Caviar Yes, see note
Fromm Yes, will send coupons
Fussie Cat Yes, will send coupons
Halo Pets Yes- will send dry sample
Lotus Yes, will send samples
Merrick no samples available
Natures Logic Yes, will send samples
Newman's Own Organic Yes- Will send samples
Orijen no samples or coupons available
Primal Yes, will send samples and coupons
Red Barn no samples or coupons available
Sojos No samples available until next year
Stella and Chewy's no samples or coupons available
Wellness Yes, will send samples
Weruva no samples or coupons available

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Addiction No reply              Also no reply ...
Against the Grain No Reply    No reply ...
Canidae Yes, will send samples    No reply ...
Daves No Reply                                Sent me 4 cans ....
Earthborn Holistics Yes, will send samples   Do not send samples ..
Feline Caviar Yes, see note              Sent me a 5 lb sample bag of chicken formula ....
Fromm Yes, will send coupons             Sent coupons ...
Fussie Cat Yes, will send coupons           No reply ...
Halo Pets Yes- will send dry sample      No reply ...
Lotus Yes, will send samples       Sent a sample package , very nice ..
Merrick no samples available        No samples ..
Natures Logic Yes, will send samples    No reply ..
Newman's Own Organic Yes- Will send samples    No reply ..
Orijen no samples or coupons available      No reply ...
Primal Yes, will send samples and coupons   Sent very nice sample package ..
Red Barn no samples or coupons available   Sent 4 cans ...
Sojos No samples available until next year    Sent samples ..
Stella and Chewy's no samples or coupons available   No reply ..
Wellness Yes, will send samples                Sent samples and coupons ..
Weruva no samples or coupons available  No samples ..