Concentrated Prayers and Board Magic Desperately Needed!!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear this! As much as I love cats, I have to admit that horses are my weakness. They are such noble, extraordinary creatures.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWW- I was cleaning out my files this morning and I found his baby pictures!

He is still doing great! We are working with him gradually to let people (besides me) lift up his feet.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Racer was an adorable baby, and I'm really glad he's made so much progress lately!!!!

I was trying to find a smilie that looked like him and this is the best I could do...

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL! Thanks Lorie, right now I wish he looked like that!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vet was out and was quite frankly delighted with Racer's progress!!!!!!!! When I released Racer after the exam, he went bucking and snorting across the pasture in a high gallop!

Next week though, we are going to tranqulize him because he has to have his shoes pulled, then his feet trimmed and new shoes put on him. Because of the amount of work that will be done at one time the sedative is needed according to my farrier and my vet.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA,

You and Racer seem to be beating the odds...I'm sure the bond you two share has only grown stronger, and his recovery is a testament to your love and care. What great news to read at the start of my day!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that he has made so much progress. Board magic is amazing.

And more board magic going Racer's way for his sedation and his shoework.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is soooooo wonderful, MA!

Too bad the sedation is necessary, but it is understandable. You'll both be in my thoughts. Hope it goes well.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to hear that Racer is still kicking high lol . Well M.A. , I am sure it will be ok . As we all know now that he is a fighter for life

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another favor please if you will? Keep a kind thought tomorrow for Racer as we sedate him for his shoing appointment. I am hesitant about this, because I have never been with him while he was sedated by this drug they are using. Supposedly once I inject him it will take 45 minutes for it to take effect and it will take the edge off- but I keep remembering my one horse who had such an adverse reaction to sedative long ago that put him in seizures, so I am a bit apprehensive, though I will do my best not to show Racer this has me upset. The appointment is late afternoon 3:00

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll be sending positive thoughts your way,

wishing Racer all the best tomorrow,

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Praying for Racer -- what a spirit that guy has! Praying for your serenity, so that he isn't upset. Praying for everything to go well. You'll keep us posted, of course