Concentrated Prayers and Board Magic Desperately Needed!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The shoeing went really well. Racer got groggy (though he still danced with the farrier for a few minutes when Clint picked up his bad foot) But he simmered down again and the old shoes were pulled off, he had a corrective trim and then the shoes were re-applied. No farrier using his frequent flyer miles this time, and other than Noddy trying to hitchike a ride in the back of Clint's trailer, the visit went really well.

Clint was encouraged at the amount of new healthy hoof growth coming in, and Racer had a total of 8 old abcesses that were scraped away! Clint said it was a good thing I was soaking his feet before the abscesses blew as it minimized the damage to the hoof. It's funny, I saw those lumps on the bottom of his feet when I would pick his feet in the morning, and wondered what they were? They in no way resemble the abscess that I am used to dealing with caused by a cat bite. These are like hard rocky type bubbles on the bottom of his feet.

He keeps these shoes on for 6-8 weeks and then (hopefully) they can remove the shoes altogether and let him go barefoot again!

Thanks to those of you who sent a prayer my way, they were needed and they did make a difference, that shot wasn't that strong! LOL

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YESSSSSS!

You two have been in my thoughts all day, and I was just in the midst of some moderately mindless stuff, when I had a feeling there was news. Checked email, and sure enough there was the notification of your post. Crossed my fingers, but somehow didn't think I needed to
'cuz the energy has felt very positive every time you wandered through my mind.

Very nice news. Please give the boy a nose rub from me.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am so happy that everything went well with Racer today
8 Abcesses
, wow that is a lot . I am sure they must have hurt him a lot . Racer sure goes true a lot , poor baby .
((((((HUGS)))))) to you .

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great to know that things went well.

Eight abcesses on the one foot? OUCHIES!

Sending out **Recover from grogginess** vibes to Racer.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least they're gone now.

Racer had better rest up before he decides to gallop around.

And Mary Anne, you really should sit down and tell Noddy about the dangers of hitchhiking.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm kicking myself for not visiting this thread earlier, I'm so glad the shoeing excercise went well.. 8 abcesses.. heck.. Poor boy, So glad they are gone. Big hugs to you and Racer! AWW he was the cutest button as a baby!

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! If you read the first few posts about Racer and then read these last few, it is hard to believe that it is the same horse Mary Anne is caring for! Woo Hoo!!!

I am so very excited that Racer is doing so well. Are the abscesses due to the foundering or are they something different? (I never knew a horse could get absesses in their hooves!)

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The abscesses are occuring at the bottom of his feet. They come through like bumpy pebbles or rocks, and have a hard covering over the top of them, it is when this covering breaks that the pain starts. The abscesses are on his back feet primarily because he has put most of his 1,100 pound weight on his back feet to move. Because of this shift of weight that is so unnatural, the abscesses form.

He is having some trouble today walking around a bit stiff-legged- but he is walking.

I put my babies pictures up, these are the first photos I have of them

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...threadid=33340

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hadn't caught up with this thread until just now
, but I want you to know I've kept you and Racer in my prayers. I'm so glad he's improved so dramatically, and that things are going SO MUCH better for your special baby boy.

I'm REALLY glad everything went so well with the farrier!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to say "thanks" to EVERYBODY you are all helping me keep my sanity through this!