catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Very, very cute, and not a cat in sight!  Your little girl is totally adorable, and she looks like she's having such a good time. 
Cats and dogs don't tend to come around my daughter. They all hide from her. We are trying to teach her to be nice, but she pulls fur and they don't like it. My dog was running to the other side of the kitchen when I took that picture. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. She loved ripping the wrapping paper. 

She is almost 16 months, but she was born over 10 weeks early so she's a little small for her age. She's only 20 pounds. Your granddaughter is really pretty.

My daughter was born with a bit of strawberry blonde hair but lost it all. Her hair is growing pretty good now, but it's basically white so it's hard to see, especially in pictures. Her little face was swollen for a while when she was little because she was on CPAP for 3 weeks and had feeding tubes taped to her face for just about 2 months.

My husband was bald for 2 years, so she's already got him beat. 
What is CPAP? Thank you re my granddaughter. She's very sweet but a bit too 'knows she's pretty'. When she was small an would write me notes or sign her pictures she'd sign herself as the princess and things like that.
Whenever I took her out people would always say how pretty she was etc. To ward against the 'evil eye' I'd say nah she's an ugly little thing. When we'd get home she'd say not really granny? Of course I'd say no not really.
At least she's not into boys yet.
My grandkids are all different hues. My DiL's dad came from Egypt so she had his colouring. My son was blond as a child with green eyes. She's light with blue/grey eyes like my daughter. The next child is a light chocolate colour with brown eyes. The third child is light with hazel colour eyes.
My daughter's first son from first husband! is very light with brown eyes I think. The second had greeny brown eyes and the little one has brown eyes I think. The second husband's dad's family came from Iraq. This country is hysterical with all the different backgrounds.
The red with white spots outfit. Does she sleep in that? She's really lovely and I'm not child mad to be honest
Another baby coming. Crying. Whining. My youngest grandson drives me batty.
Oh well I love them all for all that. Tomorrow evening the whole lot will be coming. At least my daughter does the cooking now.
I wonder what's for supper tomorrow night. I'm gabbing again. Sorry.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Cats and dogs don't tend to come around my daughter. They all hide from her. We are trying to teach her to be nice, but she pulls fur and they don't like it. My dog was running to the other side of the kitchen when I took that picture. 
  Animals are very wise!  

One of my cats would run, hide, and hiss if the kids went near her but the other was was a tease: it was hilarious.  She could gauge exactly what the little ones could manage and stayed just out of reach and kept them going the whole time - but she got kicked in the face by all but one of them when they were 2 years old: she was such a honey she still went back and played with them. And the kids all had a lesson in hurting a little fluffy creature that was smaller than them and that they were desperate to cuddle running away all hurt.  She never bit or scratched any of them, just showed them that they had to play nicely with her.  With her sister, one of my nephews wouldn't go to the toilet on his own when he was in my apartment, he had to have someone go with him and hold his hand to go past my bedroom door because he was afraid of the 'scary cat' that stared out from under the bed! 
 All the kids used to do a very good impersonation of a hissing cat because of the 'scary cat'., but when there were no kids around she was even more of a lush than her sister. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CPAP is a machine that helped her breathe. A lot of people sleep with them at night because of sleep apnea. My daughter had it on the lowest setting, she just needed that extra little bit of air to help her breathe otherwise her heart rate would drop. It's the tube on her nose.

The red with white spots is pajamas. They have a reindeer on them and reindeer feet. 
Poor baby girl. She's okay now I presume. It's such a weird thing especially in adults.
They look very warm. No need to worry if they throw the covers off.
Mark had one but sort of fleecy which passed down to joanna

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3:   Animals are very wise!  

One of my cats would run, hide, and hiss if the kids went near her but the other was was a tease: it was hilarious.  She could gauge exactly what the little ones could manage and stayed just out of reach and kept them going the whole time - but she got kicked in the face by all but one of them when they were 2 years old: she was such a honey she still went back and played with them. And the kids all had a lesson in hurting a little fluffy creature that was smaller than them and that they were desperate to cuddle running away all hurt.  She never bit or scratched any of them, just showed them that they had to play nicely with her.  With her sister, one of my nephews wouldn't go to the toilet on his own when he was in my apartment, he had to have someone go with him and hold his hand to go past my bedroom door because he was afraid of the 'scary cat' that stared out from under the bed! :lol3:  All the kids used to do a very good impersonation of a hissing cat because of the 'scary cat'., but when there were no kids around she was even more of a lush than her sister. :D
Gentle wouldn't come out when the kids were here. Lotto used to push off as well and I'd call them when they'd gone. They were good with candy. My dog but he was a very good natured boy. Only once one of them pulled his whiskers and he didn't growl but he did lift his lip. The father saw and dealt with it. He loved the kids. If they arrived when he was downstairs he'd get so excited when he came home. He wasn't downstairs alone by the way.
Whisky's very patient. He sat with 4 boys being stroked by all of them and when he'd had enough he just got up and walked away. Blighty keeps away. Even though he's becoming a lap cat he's still very nervous. The least little noise makeshim jjump and he sort of jumps away sideways from my new slippers.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The nurses used a bit of purple yarn to tie a bow in my DD's hair.  It was so cute!  I wish I had that little piece of yarn!  She has been blessed with some hair!  DS came out with some; but shed much more than DD did.  He never went truly bald; but he did look like he had "baby pattern baldness" fora  few months! :lol3:   They all catch up eventually!  Now I have to take him for regular haircuts and it's hard to believe he once had so little hair.
what colour is the hair with the purple. I love purple.
They all go bald at the back from lying on their backs.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The same thing happens here!  I don't know if their age made a difference; but my girls just don't like the noise the kids can make or the motion.  My husband and I are quiet people and it was just us for the first 5 years of their lives.  2 of my mom's cat's will tolerate being pet and the noise; but they don't have to deal with it every day!
  When the kids were smaller; the cats would sit in my lap while I fed them their bottles.  So I have hope for the future.

Animals are very wise!  

One of my cats would run, hide, and hiss if the kids went near her but the other was was a tease: it was hilarious.  She could gauge exactly what the little ones could manage and stayed just out of reach and kept them going the whole time - but she got kicked in the face by all but one of them when they were 2 years old: she was such a honey she still went back and played with them. And the kids all had a lesson in hurting a little fluffy creature that was smaller than them and that they were desperate to cuddle running away all hurt.  She never bit or scratched any of them, just showed them that they had to play nicely with her.  With her sister, one of my nephews wouldn't go to the toilet on his own when he was in my apartment, he had to have someone go with him and hold his hand to go past my bedroom door because he was afraid of the 'scary cat' that stared out from under the bed! 
 All the kids used to do a very good impersonation of a hissing cat because of the 'scary cat'., but when there were no kids around she was even more of a lush than her sister. 
DD is scared of Noodles.  Noodles can be grumpy.  Mooch will just run from the kids; but if Noodles wants to be out and they get going she will put them in line!  It scared me the first time I saw her stalk DD (she has never hurt her) but she has more respect for Noodles than she did before!  She doesn't like to walk by her in the hallway because Noodles will swat your ankle sometimes.  She does it to all of us.  But she will take treats from DD of course.  It's a work in progress.  I learned by being scratched a few times myself.

The red with white spots is pajamas. They have a reindeer on them and reindeer feet. 
Carter's jammies?  They are our favorites!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what colour is the hair with the purple. I love purple.
They all go bald at the back from lying on their backs.
It was a dark golden brown when she was born.  She went bald on the back and sides from being on her back.  That hair grew back in blond; while the top was long and brown and she had a little brown "rat tail" at the back.  (Are you familiar with those or where they just an American thing when I was a kid?)  I had to trim the rat tail off when she was 8 or 9 months old I think.  She was mostly blond by her first birthday and now is a lighter golden brown.  DH and I laugh because neither of our kids have our hair colors.