cat pelvic injury

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

winkie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Norachan and Laura G...he is not sneezing but his eyes hv that white dirt and he has water coming out from his mouth...don't know what it is ..went to vet right now and he told it is acidity in stomach and he gave medicine 1/3 tab and also he told me to give him carrot, beetroot, cabbage and tomato soup which I have given him few spoons just now...I also discussed with vet about his hanging tail and he advised heat through infra red lamp for 30 sec thrice a day so that his tail has blood flow. But right now I am worried about saliva/.water that he is throwing..sometime I feel maybe some insect or snake might have bitten him...anyway giving the medicine again and hope he recovers soon...Thanks once again for your kind prayers for my child..

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Norachan and Laura G...he is not sneezing but his eyes hv that white dirt and he has water coming out from his mouth...don't know what it is ..went to vet right now and he told it is acidity in stomach and he gave medicine 1/3 tab and also he told me to give him carrot, beetroot, cabbage and tomato soup which I have given him few spoons just now...I also discussed with vet about his hanging tail and he advised heat through infra red lamp for 30 sec thrice a day so that his tail has blood flow. But right now I am worried about saliva/.water that he is throwing..sometime I feel maybe some insect or snake might have bitten him...anyway giving the medicine again and hope he recovers soon...Thanks once again for your kind prayers for my child..
I have never heard of vegetable soup as a medicine for cats, I wonder what that is supposed to do. And I cannot see how stomach acidity would cause his eyes to be secreting pus. I wonder what others think?

winkie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jennyranson..the medicines the vet has given is Aciloc 150 tab and 1/3rd to be given a day and Methycobal 500 mg 1/4the to be given a day. But my cat seems to be not well. Yesterday he played less and ate less. He is also liking dry food these days..he eats royal canin kitten instinctive dry food and he loves that though I supplement with fluid.  He has black small dots filth like thing around his eyes, lips and lips seem sore...and also saliva..I gave him medicine right now to which he felt sad as he is tired of taking medicines for almost two months now  and this is his pic he is sitting in his hoodie house but looking sad and tired...and you can see around his eyes which have become small, lips and saliva...I just cleaned his mouth and eyes. The red thing in nose is medicine drop which fell on his nose. I feel so sorry as he is feels in discomfort right now..

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me, your cat looks very sick indeed. Is there any chance of a second opinion with another vet? I worry that you may not be getting the best advice.

winkie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jennyranson...talked with the vet again and now he is saying he might be having cat flu..he said he needs antibiotic. He told me to come tomorrow. As he was busy today.

But I have one antibiotic which vet had given few months back ..it is called clindapet and I think I should give him 1/4th ..because tomorrow will be late by the time vet prescribes...atleast some antibiotic will give him relief at night

For the past two months my cat is on medicines and I was happy he was recovering slowly...I will have to do hard work on him all over again...he woke up just now and I tried to give me his fav boil chicken with soup but he ignored..just sipped some water and again now sleeping....please all pray for him...

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad the vet is seeing him again. He needs medicines, probably antibiotics, that are specific to his infection/illness. Not all antibiotics are the same. Clindapet is used for skin and mouth infections and it is not good to give only one or two tablets - that way the germs can build up immunity to the medicine. Only give the antibiotic that is prescribed for a specific condition and make sure you give the correct dose and finish the whole course, however many days the vet tells you. If he has cat flu the usual antibiotic is amoxycillin, either on its own or with other drugs in Clavamox or Baytril. But do as the vet tells you.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, poor boy!

My cats have all had the cat 'flu this year and they've really suffered with it. Make sure you get some eye drops for him as the 'flu makes their eyes really sore and sticky.

I hope he's feeling better soon.

winkie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Norachan.....Thanks Jennyranson..will be going to vet right now to get the antibiotics and eye drops...he is not eating much but he eats dry food don't know why he has started liking for dry food. earlier he used to just have few kibbles for taste but now he eats atleast 1/2 cup. again at night he was very active and wanted to go out to play but I didn't allowed..also raining here and too cold outside....

Just sharing what I have observed since he recovering from his spine injury that he plays a lot runs across me to gain my attention when I am working in kitchen or laundry room or even studying he comes to me hides anywhere in the room meows to me to find him and when I get up leaving my work to find him (though I can see where he hides) and when I touch him and say I have caught you, he runs all over the house and he again plays in the same manner..he is not playing with toys but me all the time....if I am sitting he hides his face on my lap and under my clothes and wants me to pet him and run my fingers on his fur...he has become too dependent on me and you all won't believe I can hear him talk to me..when he wants to poo he calls me and keeps on calling till I come or he finds me in the house and drags my clothes (me) to his litter box and this what I seem to hear from him "mom mom please take out my potty" and that just makes me cry and hug him..he has understood that he is not well and that mom helps me...and if I go somewhere during the day when he is asleep to do some work outside my mom says he gets up and searches me and when he does not find me he meows and sits in front of gate waiting for me to return...

Hope he recovers from this flu too as I too love him very much. Thanks to all once again.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that is so sweet. I think you and Henry have a very special bond, it's obvious that he knows that you are the one who takes care of him. It makes me smile to hear how much he loves and trusts you.

By the way, is he the cat in your avatar? He looks like a torbie, ginger and brown stripes and black and grey stripes with white.

Torbie coloured male cats are very rare. You're lucky to have found him.

winkie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Norachan for your kind words...so today went to the vet. he gave visocare ointment for eyes and to wash with normal saline..for antibiotics he gave Atoxin tablet to be given 1/2  per day for 15 days and proviboost 1ml twice a day. And the rest of medicines same as going on for his other treatment...

Norachan the one that you are seeing in my avatar is Henry's mom....she was very beautiful cat that I ever had....though her name was murli but I used to call her queen as she was very beautiful..when she used to walk in sunshine her coat would shine and glow light as if some gold object is walking....She was born in my house and you know her father was the cat whose story I told you that he returned after 5 years...he was her father...Murli or my queen's story is really wonderful...norachan we do have some relations to any soul that touches us or comes into contact with us be it a human or animal...

When this beautiful murli/queen was a month old her mother was nursing her one night and I had kept their house under my bed as it was very hot summer day. God knows from where a snake came inside the room and I was fast asleep. I heard murli/queen's mom meowing loudly and crying sharply...to wake me up she jumped on my table and threw my things so that with that noise I wake up and indeed hearing things fall I woke up infact all family members woke up and came running to my room. And when I switched on the light what I saw was that murli/queen's mamma cat was hitting the lil kitten. I shouted at her that are you gone mad you are hitting your baby and as I peeped below my bed what I saw was that snake had wrapped this month old murli/queen and was about eat her. We all were shocked. My parents told me that snake is cobra the poisonous one and now we cant do anything to save the kitten. But you know murli's mamma cat had tears in her eyes and she stood looking into my eyes meowing loudly. It was unbearable to see a child die like this. I took a bold step though all my family said not to do but I put my hand inside the house of the cat and as my hand went inside the grip of snake went a bit lose and the snake took a turn at me holding the kitten with his body like a rope...I had final thing either I said I will die or I will help mamma cat and her kitten. I did a lil prayer and again I put my hand and pulled the kitten with all my energy towards me and I was successful as snake crawled towards me. I took the bleeding kitten and ran to the other room with mamma cat following me. Then it was my family's job they killed the snake. the baby kitten was bleeding all over the face and I wiped with water and laid beside mamma cat who kept on crying and meowing for many hours. The kitten didn't took milk of her mom for two days and for two days mamma cat meowed day and night and on third day the kitten started taking milk and we all were happy that she was saved...so this is the story of henry's mom. And you know Murli didn't had any child till 2 years though I had male cats at home . she never went near the males... When she was two years old she gave birth to this boy henry and that too is very interesting story which I will share sometime...I had cut the umblical cord of this boy as Murli my queen didn't knew anything as how to do and finally I had to help...I still have that with me...Murli died when henry was 4 month..and that is tragic ..dogs killed her and I lost this beautiful cat forever...I still miss her very much...the day after her death she came to me and I heard her voice telling me to take care of her son and I promised her I will....

and the day she died I joined this site..this wonderful forum of cat site where all members helped me in my mourning time for murli...all members advised me all the time and since then I gained so much of more knowledge about these wonderful furry friends...I thank all the members of this website with bottom of my heart......so the pic in my avatar is of this beautiful awesome cat....here are her pics...she is nursing henry right after giving birth to him and I holding henry right after his birth....I pray especially for you Norachan that George comes back home soon and I know he will soon...just sharing these pic as today you reminded again of Murli my queen.

Henry right after birth

Murli queen nursing henry just he was born

Murli Queen

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Winkie, that's such an amazing story. No wonder you have such a close bond with Henry, you've saved his life so many times, If it wasn't for you he would never have even been born.

You were so brave to risk your life to save Murli. I'm sorry to hear that you lost her. She really is a beautiful cat. Henry has her face, doesn't he? I can see that they are family.

I hope Henry continues to grow stronger and healthier.

I hope 2014 will be a happy year for you and all your cats

winkie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Norachan for your good wishes for new year. I too wish you and your family a very happy, successful, healthy and joyful year ahead and I pray that your loving George returns to you soon. And I know he will.

I also pray for those friends whose cutie pie cats have wandered away from home to return soon back to their loving cozy homes.

Wishing all peaceful and happy new year.

Thanks once again.