Cat Interupting "Intimacy"

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So this is something strangely creepy, but when DH and I are in bed at night sometimes, doing what married people do, Smokie butts in and plants himself right there, staring- licking and basically trying to join in the "fun".

Locking him out of the bedroom is not an option, we have a "wheelchair" accessible house, and only a folding accordian door- that he can open in 2 seconds flat.

Need some ideas, thanks!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you secure the door with a hook & eye latch?
well, that woulda violate govt fire codes... I live in public housing :( plus we aren't supposed to modify locks etc

Last edited:

ericat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Melvin interrupted us once.  He heard me making strange noises and crept up the bed to look at our faces and see what all the fuss was about.  Needless to say, the man laughed, the moment was lost and I said no more pets in the room during.... 

That being said, is there any way you can maybe give him something fun to do or eat while you're, er.. occupied?  My cats all love those little plastic springs, or some fresh catnip.  I grow it for them in the yard.  Makes them nice and mellow and lazy.  :)