Cat Food Reviews Contest!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

We want more cat food reviews!

With so many kinds of cat food, how can a new cat owner choose the right one for their cat? They can start by reading our guide - Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat. Next, they may head over to the Cat Reviews section. 

Which is where we need YOUR help.

If you're reading this, then I know you've tried feeding your cats, past and present, with various kinds of cat food. We want your honest and objective review about them, please. The more products you review, the higher are your chances of winning our prize, and,more importantly, you'll be helping others make better decisions about feeding their kitties.

The Prize:

This month, other than the everlasting gratitude of the TCS community, one lucky winner will also get - 

A beautiful TCS Sweatshirt with the design of their choice from our TCS Store.

The Rules:
  1. Write a review for any kind of commercial cat food that you use or have tried in the past.
  2. Review must be posted in the Cat Food Section  - it can be in he Dry Food, Canned Food or Raw/Frozen food section. Click here for an illustrated walk-through.
  3. Only review cat food that you have actually tried.
  4. You have two weeks to add as many reviews as you like (please see guidelines for reviews below) - contest ends at midnight, January 17th.
  5. All valid reviews (that meet the guidelines detailed below) will enter a draw and one lucky winner will a TCS sweatshirt! 
  6. Existing reviews  in the Cat Food Section  also count towards the draw.
  7. Contest is void where prohibited.
The final draw is for reviews. The more reviews you add - the greater are your chances of winning!

In addition to the contest, any review you add also counts towards the monthly draw of a $30 Amazon gift card

Review Guidelines:

1. Only review products you have actually tried.
  2. Create a well-worded title that reflects your overall experience.
  3. Write a detailed and specific  review. Use the Pros and Cons  fields to give a condensed version of your review.
  4. Be specific and share not only whether or not you liked the product, but why. No rules about length, but we do reserve the right to disqualify reviews if we feel a user is flooding the system with low-quality reviews.
  5. Give your honest opinion on the product - positive or negative, either is welcome.

If you don't see your favorite brand of cat food listed, please contact me (Anne) with a request to add that product. You can either send me a PM or simply post your request in this thread.  

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
CAT FOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we can ALL relate to this one. :nod: Easy rules and guidelines and a chance for a great prize!! :bigthumb: Let the reviews begin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
CAT FOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we can ALL relate to this one.
Easy rules and guidelines and a chance for a great prize!!
Let the reviews begin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup! I can't think of anyone who doesn't feed their cat 
 We have raw products as well. If you feed homemade, even then, I bet at some point in time you tried some commercial cat food? So, no excuses this time 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so late in getting this to you. II tried TC Feline and Better In The Raw. They aren't listed and I'd be glad to give an opinion on them.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so late in getting this to you. II tried TC Feline and Better In The Raw. They aren't listed and I'd be glad to give an opinion on them.
Can you please post links to the products you want to review? I'll be more than happy to add them 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll get on my computer today and get you the links! I don't know how to post them from my phone.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only review cat food that you have actually tried.
I personally haven't tried any cat food.  ;)  I will, however, speak for my kitties.  :)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Only review cat food that you have actually tried.
I personally haven't tried any cat food.  ;)  I will, however, speak for my kitties.  :)
 I did wonder whether I should specify "that you have actually tried feeding"... 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne, is there a way to get the list of brands to show alphabetically?  Yesterday, I was going to start doing a few reviews but was finding it difficult to quickly get to the one I want.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Can you please post links to the products you want to review? I'll be more than happy to add them 
Sorry this is getting to you later than I promised; I had a family emergency yesterday. 

http://rawmeatpetfood.com/products-page/categories/

Other than the dog food, I have used every product listed on that page (4 of them).  Each has a trial size and a larger size. 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
3. You can now narrow the listings down even further by checking one of the boxes for a specific brand:

4. And/or you could sort the listings alphabetically:

In addition to browsing the Reviews section, you can also search the site for the product name, and then choose Products as a filter, like this -

I'm really glad you asked, by the way! I bet there's quite a few members who are not familiar with these features. Thank you!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome.  Thanks you so much.  I'm usually pretty good at figuring these things out but I guess I wasn't going far enough this time.  Maybe I was still too sleepy.

Side Note:  I also had part of my little espresso maker come apart this morning and after 10 minutes of trying to put it back together, gave up.  My BF did it in 30 seconds LOL

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Sorry this is getting to you later than I promised; I had a family emergency yesterday. 

http://rawmeatpetfood.com/products-page/categories/

Other than the dog food, I have used every product listed on that page (4 of them).  Each has a trial size and a larger size. 
Thanks!

http://www.thecatsite.com/products/homemade-cat-food-better-in-the-raw-for-cats

And the others are here - 

http://www.thecatsite.com/products/category/raw/tcfeline

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Bumping to thank everyone who contributed cat food reviews so far! If you still haven't reviewed your cat food, please do! The more reviews we have, the easier it becomes to quickly see what's good (and what's not).

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Bumping for more reviews! Only two more days for this contest!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Anne! I would love to contribute, but the brand that of dry cat food I currently use isn't listed: Performatrin Ultra http://petvalu.com/cat/food/product/10805/chicken-brown-rice-adult-recipe-performatrin-ultra

Their collection of wet cat food: http://petvalu.com/cat/products/food?food_type=72&brand=4

Website: http://www.performatrin.com/ though it is incomplete since they are revamping it. (Canadian made brand)

Hope that helps a tad! Thank you in advance!

They've been added:
http://www.thecatsite.com/products/performatrin-ultra-chicken-brown-rice-adult-recipe
http://www.thecatsite.com/products/performatrin-ultra-canned-cat-food