Canon Eos Rebel Cameras

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I can make a suggestion. When you buy a spare battery, buy the Canon one. I bought a knock off and used it once. Then when I charged it again, the camera would not recognize it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If I can make a suggestion. When you buy a spare battery, buy the Canon one. I bought a knock off and used it once. Then when I charged it again, the camera would not recognize it.
Good to know. Thanks.

Congrats on the new camera!
Thanks. I've been wanting one for a long time. :)

Haven't set up the camera yet, but I have an SD card now. It's a 32 GB SanDisk extreme plus, so hopefully it'll be sufficient.

Will probably try taking pics tomorrow. Pretty sure my first pic will be one of Ruby. :catman:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
but I have an SD card now. It's a 32 GB SanDisk extreme plus, so hopefully it'll be sufficient.
This is a good card. Writing speed is good. I always use SanDisk Extreme cards.
Just make sure that the card has a warranty. Over here, our SanDisk cards comes with distributor's warranty. One to one exchange within warranty period if card fails.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one Canon and two knockoff batteries. Canon charger will not charge non-Canon batteries. The charger that came with the non-Canon batteries will charge all three. All batteries work just fine in the camera but camera will not show when the non-Canon batteries are getting low.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Here are 3 images that ScanCafe made from 35mm slides.
One is a flower bouquet that I use in a lecture on color and combination
Misc_scan of bouquet.jpg

The next is a vignette in Japan, - you can figure out lecture topic
Misc_scan of gohei-Japan.jpg

And the third is a more complicated scan of an X-ray I coaxed my dentist to take for me, for a lecture on patterns of nature. The x-ray was film, 35mm size, so was projectable in a Kodak carousel but I needed it digital. I think ScanCafe did a great job
Misc_scan of shell X-ray.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just make sure that the card has a warranty. Over here, our SanDisk cards comes with distributor's warranty. One to one exchange within warranty period if card fails.
I haven't opened it yet, but pretty sure it comes with a warranty.

I have one Canon and two knockoff batteries. Canon charger will not charge non-Canon batteries. The charger that came with the non-Canon batteries will charge all three. All batteries work just fine in the camera but camera will not show when the non-Canon batteries are getting low.
I'm guessing the non-canon ones are cheaper...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The non-Canon ones are cheaper. My Canon charger will charge my non-Canon batteries. The non-Canon batteries do not hold a charge as long. My camera will tell me battery life on non-canon batteries.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm guessing the non-canon ones are cheaper...
If you know the sales person well or it’s a reputable store and they are honest, getting a third party battery is usually quite safe though it does not last as long as the originals.

I got third party batteries for my camera too and it performed pretty well and it’s been almost 4 years already and still kicking. Total I have 2 originals and two third party and two original chargers (I’m using Fujifilm XT1).

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm slowly getting used to my new toy. I'm so nervous though, just handling it. It feels like I've never had a camera before! I actually had to find a Youtube video just to figure out how to put the strap on the camera! :rolleyes3: But, I guess the fact that the video exists, means there's others like me who needed it. And the tiny diagram and instructions in the booklet, really weren't helpful.

Anyway, once I got the puzzle of the strap figured out, I put in the memory card and battery, and put the lens on. Then went and disturbed a sleeping cat. Here are my first 2 ever pics using a DSLR. :)

Pic # 1
She looks understandably annoyed in this shot, as I had just woken her. In fact, she was under the blanket, so I had to lift the blanket off her, just to find her. :catman:

IMG_0001.jpg

Pic # 2
she's not quite so grumpy in this shot.
IMG_0002.jpg

These were just taken on the auto setting. The picture resolution was huge - 6000 x 4000 !!! I shunk them to 640 x 480, or they'd probably still be loading here.

Off to play some more ...