Bottle feeding and stool

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think handsome kitty handsome kitty has made some very good points here about boiling nipples and washing bedding and disinfecting in general.

It's great to hear that Harley is back to eating with her usual fervor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i got their antibiotics! it's a double dose and i got it for both honey and harley. they weren't gonna give me any for honey but i all but demanded it lol.

@sarthur2 @Handsome Kitty yeah, i'm taking them up on their boiling advice! let me know what you guys think.. i boiled all of my syringes and my measuring tool, as well as their two sided dish, and their two cups. now their stuff is separated, from their bottles of KMR to their cups of food, and they eat out of separate sides of the dish now too. is boiling the syringes before each feeding a good idea?

also, harley's abscesses seem to still be healing up. there's more infection in her nose that hasn't come out yet, but i haven't found any more. she also still has a voracious appetite.. she ate a load of mush this morning and drank about 25mL KMR today about noon. fingers crossed!

and honey has started sleeping on my bed. she is such a sweetie.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, while they are healing I would keep boiling -much better to be safe than sorry.

I am so glad you demanded a double dose. It makes sense to treat them simultaneously and get past this once and for all. Nice job! Sometimes it pays to take a stand when you know you're right. Why wait for the other one to get sick?

What drug did they give you?

I am so glad she is eating so well and both seem really sweet!

Let us know how Harley is. I really hope this wipes it completely out :).

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
right? i can't believe they weren't going to. atleast maybe this will wipe it all out.

harley's appetite is still holding up! they gave us some more amoxidrops. some of her openings are scabbing up, i hope that's a good sign lol. i bought some triple antibiotic ointment for a lil spot on honey's paw (it looks like she was playing with my mama cat's kitten a little roughly) do you think it'd be good to put on harley's openings?

thank you so much guys for being here for me and the babies! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think perhaps just leave them exposed to the air and let the amoxi drops work for now.

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i'm happy to report that they're doing great! :) right now they're playing in the middle of our living room. harley's appetite is still up, they're both eating mush and harley actually tried nibbling on some kitten food pieces this morning. and the swelling in her nose is gone!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great news! So the abscesses are beginning to heal nicely? And your other kitten is not developing abscesses?

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
veah! you can barely see the ones on her head anymore. i've been checking honey for them and nothing's showing up. they're still playing, and harley has figured out how to climb on top of my lil cat basket. they're really getting along quite nicely!

harley has started eating mush from the bowl, but.. haha.. honey still hasn't figured it out. she literally puts her face in the food and sucks on it. 
 so she's still eating from the syringe for now....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is great news about the abscessses drying up, and none appearing on Honey. I'm so glad they are getting along and playing well together.

Be sure Honey continues to try the mush, and watches Harley eating hers, because any day now she will pick it up and bingo, you'll be done syringing.

Thanks for checking in! :)

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited for you.  You may finally be rid of this nameless disease.  Way to stick with looking for a solution!

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks guys! :) i took some pictures of them today after meal time....

don't look at our floors!! haha, they get messy after feedings and i didn't realize how bad until i took pictures...

anyway, the browner one is harley, the bigger white faced one is honey. :)

you can still see the lil hole on harley's nose, but it looks so much better than it did.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww! They look great! So much better!

I didn't notice your floors until you pointed it out ;).

You've really brought them to good health.

Harley will hopefully heal fully soon. If she doesn't, do not hesitate to ask for one more round of antibiotics to finish the job. Sometimes that's what it takes, and we have to learn to be proactive with our vets. :)

The pictures are adorable!

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks guys! :) yeah, i'm going to ask for another round just to be safe.

here's some more pics!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just adorable! Precious faces and chubby little tummies! :)

Thanks for sharing!