Black Lab Dragged Down Road In Texas

pjv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had a lot of people who said the same thing as we put up reward posters in Waxahachie, texas .... and a lot of volunteers to drive the pick-up ...

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PJV

As many readers are aware there are many published studies that clearly show that people who abuse animals also abuse humans. The only way to stop this vicious cycle is to strengthen the animal cruelty laws and STRONGLY ENFORCE THE ONES WE HAVE. To not do so is to imply we accept the status quo.

We need to be politically active to ensure the legislatures KNOW, without question, the direct link between adnominal abuse/neglect and human abuse/neglect and that we ARE NOT WILLING TO STAND BY and allow this travesty to be treated as a misdemeanor crime.
Most people who commit violent crimes against companion animals get NON punishments like probation, community service, fines, suspended sentences, etc. We need to let elected officials, including judges and DAs, know that their leniency with these violent criminals will get them voted out of office.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

friend4life

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just now getting back to this thread as Im in school full-time. What a surprise to find PJ had posted here. Thanks PJ ! Your love and care for Lucy had warmed our hearts. Keeping her in prayer cuz God loves our animals too!

Had the same wild dog issues as you a few months ago. Two of our ferrals (theyve become pretty domestic) were killed. We have no animal control here and had to call the sheriffs department. Neighbor was fined $150 and we were told if we saw his dogs on our property again he would be fined another $150. No one in this neck of the woods takes care of their dogs and they just keep having one batch after another and I seriously doubt they get fed on a regular basis. We have had peace and quiet for a few months but once again I have two cats missing for the last 3 days. One is a momma cat thats been here for 2 years.

We'll be watching the website for Lucy's progress!

pjv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It took me a while to get the technical stuff straightened out but the webmaster has me fixed now!!!

I really like this site - wish I had found it long ago!!

Lucy went to the vet on Wednesday with good results. She only has one leg bandaged now and hopefully this will come off next week. She had her heartworm test which turned out negative on the pre-lims and hopefully the other specific test will also come out negative. She got her first shots and we can spay and microchip her in 3 weeks.

She and Cruiser (stray cat that adopted us) are pretty good about sleeping together in bed at night. (The other cats have to fight for "bed position"). It is so funny because Lucy snores (usually worse than my husband) and so does a few of the other cats. During the night it is hysterical to hear all the animals and human snoring!!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate people that do that and I really wish that laws would become more effective for Animal abusers, also there was something like this that happened out here earlier this week if you all want to check it out go to the other animals section adn in there i have a post saying something about animal cruelty and how people make me sick, except here the dog didnt even have a cahnce and in the last few weeks there are more and more animal abuse cases that are getting news time !~