Black Cats Only

c0urtneyk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is my old cat Fluffy who passed away a good 3 years ago after we had to put her down. My mom, sister and I always called her a 'chocolate brown' cat; she looks black, but in the light her fur would look brownish and have multiple tone. Was she actually a black cat? At least to me, she looks similar to some of the cats posted here. Do black cats have this fur thing where they're black but have brownish fur in the light? All these years later, it would be kind of sweet to know. 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree. I have looked at every black cat on this page and I try to see a resemblance to my RB kitty Raven and outside of the coloring, none look like him. I could pick him out of a whole room full of black cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
This is my old cat Fluffy who passed away a good 3 years ago after we had to put her down. My mom, sister and I always called her a 'chocolate brown' cat; she looks black, but in the light her fur would look brownish and have multiple tone. Was she actually a black cat? At least to me, she looks similar to some of the cats posted here. Do black cats have this fur thing where they're black but have brownish fur in the light? All these years later, it would be kind of sweet to know. 
I think black cats really do have black fur but exposure to sunlight sort of bleaches them which turns the fur brownish which is the same as in people whose hair also bleaches in the sun. Usually you don't see the brown color, only when the light hist them just right. Your cat was BLACK and gorgeous.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise

My girl also looks like she has brown fur in sun light. But in neutral lighting her fur is really black! and don't get me started in the dark! We can't even see her LOL :lol3:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My RB cat Wesley had a beautiful red shade in the sun. I've never seen it before or since but it was lovely.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Jiro usually gets a reddish tint in the summer, but this year we've had so much rain he stayed black. He's easy to identify because of his stubby little tail.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I have cats and that site would scare the you know what out of me too!!!  Then of course after I jumped out of my skin, I woulld calm down.   LOL

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mind if I join in the black cat club?

This is my 3 and a half year old spoiled baby girl. I've had her since she was around 3 weeks old. She was found along with her twin brother (who sadly passed away a week later after finding him). My friend was the one who found them, it was a rainy and cold day and he couldn't leave them out to freeze. He was going to turn them in to animal control but I told him to let me have them instead, at the moment I was clueless that they needed to be bottle fed. Once he dropped them off I went out to buy bottles and kitten formula. Her twin brother, who I named Nevan got really sick, we took him to the vet but sadly there was nothing that could've been done and he passed away in my arms. I was just left with this cutie and she grew to be spoiled with cuddles and kisses. She has quite the personality though!
Mind if I join in the black cat club?

This is my 3 and a half year old spoiled baby girl. I've had her since she was around 3 weeks old. She was found along with her twin brother (who sadly passed away a week later after finding him). My friend was the one who found them, it was a rainy and cold day and he couldn't leave them out to freeze. He was going to turn them in to animal control but I told him to let me have them instead, at the moment I was clueless that they needed to be bottle fed. Once he dropped them off I went out to buy bottles and kitten formula. Her twin brother, who I named Nevan got really sick, we took him to the vet but sadly there was nothing that could've been done and he passed away in my arms. I was just left with this cutie and she grew to be spoiled with cuddles and kisses. She has quite the personality though!
     A friend from out of town spent the night and about 4:40 in the morning I heard a fairly loud, "AGHHHHH"!  I jumped up to see what had happened. 
Apparently, she had gotten up to use the bathroom and saw 4 'glowing orbs' staring at her in the dark. She had never owned cats, so I had to explain to her it was just the light from outside the window reflecting off the cat's retina's. She was totally freaked out and we were up for the day! LOL 

Here is a pic of Keeker on the window sill at night.

View media item 299380
Lol, I wonder whether she will stay with you again :clap:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, I wonder whether she will stay with you again
Yes!  She visits from out of town a couple times a year and she has been here since that incident. I think it just threw her off guard... not expecting to see 'glowing orbs' as soon as she opened her eyes! LOL