Black Cats Only

billdolfski

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I honestly don't know how this one came about.  I think my friend's wife just got lucky and caught him sitting there by her Halloween decorations and snapped it.  I thought it would be a good picture for the "black cat" thread.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I know how you feel.  Sadly, Shoe there in the picture is deceased.
It's a perfect picture for the black cat thread.   

RIP to both Raven and Shoe. They were loved and will never be forgotten. For all we know they are pals over at the bridge and meet to remember the people they love, miss and will meet again one day.  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my cats do this too. I have 3 black cats. They blend in perfectly with my black leather couch and I know they laugh at me when I'm looking for them and walk right past because you really have to look for them on it.  I have a black dog, too and she does this also sometimes. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Here are a few of Carpet. She's being really good about letting me groom her recently.

This is her usual raggle-taggle tumble weed look.

This is after she let me comb her.

Sorry, I'm not good at selfies. My arms are too short.

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you @norachan, I see  she really has different colored fur right now, even really light on the belly when she used to just have that odd mixture on her body with that black head. She still looks stunning. If she lets you comb her belly fur like that she is definitely not a feral anymore. My Persian has a fit and tries to scratch me whenever I just LOOK like I am gong to comb or brush her there. I have the battle scars to prove it. Otherwise she behaves herself and loves bath time but as you know detangling before bath is a must. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

@Norachan   Carpet is super gorgeous but I'm sorry, despite all your effort and Carpet's very tame and tolerant behaviour - I prefer her raggle-taggle tumleweed look!  
   I bet she feels more comfy without all those tangles though.

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you shown pictures of Carpet before? She's gorgeous!! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ And unusual! She looks like a tortie but with points. Is she? (Is there such a thing as a pointed tortie?)!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carpet is a gorgeous girl. Her mane reminds me of Lilith's. 

It's hard to see the whole thing here but the color range is so similar. Lily was mostly black with some chocolate when I got her. She had little white tufts by her cheeks. You can see here what happened to those little tufts. 

This was taken 2 days after she came home from the shelter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Carpet says thank you for all the nice comments. It's taken me a year of very careful petting with the soft grooming brushes to get to the stage where she's comfortable being groomed. Last autumn she got loads of grass seeds tangled up in her belly fur and I had to trim the mats out. I'm hoping we can avoid that this autumn.

@misterwhiskers  I really don't know how you'd describe her colouring. She looks black at times, but has grey hair on her belly and looks a reddish brown colour in some lights. Her three sisters and her mother are all ticked tabby. Here are some other pictures of her in different light.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Norachan  Lilith's is like that too. When I met Sophie and Lily at the Humane Society, they had a brother there with them. Lily was mostly black ans Sophie is all black but he looked a lot like this cat here but with a lion cut. He had already been adopted and was waiting to be picked up. This isn't him obviously. Just a stock photo I found. It sure looks like him though. 

I think he was the only one out of the group of 20 or so that was rescued from a BYB that wasn't all or mostly black. He was adorable and oh so sweet. He got snapped right up. The girls were waiting for me. 

I guess that that is where Lily's mane comes from. She started off with the little white tufts which I thought were adorable and they just grew and grew into a mane that has so many colors in it. I wish I knew what their relationship was to each other. They have the same face but different coloring. The vet at the Humane Society thinks Lily could be Sophie's mother. She said Lily has had kittens but Sophie has not. Who knows with backyard breeders. For all I know they could be mother/daughter and have the same father. Oh well. If they know, they aren't talking. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Norachan   Carpet is super gorgeous but I'm sorry, despite all your effort and Carpet's very tame and tolerant behaviour - I prefer her raggle-taggle tumleweed look!  
   I bet she feels more comfy without all those tangles though.
@MServant  - I know what you mean and I too prefer her tousled look. However, as Norachan says, she needs to have the tangles and the leaves and seeds and whatever else combed out of her fur, she wouldn't look nice if she was all matted. My Persian is the same: she looks too tame when her fur is all slicked down but it only takes one big shake and her fur stands up and out and then she looks a little ferocious in miniature, if you can imagine a Persian looking ferocious he he he.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carpet says thank you for all the nice comments. It's taken me a year of very careful petting with the soft grooming brushes to get to the stage where she's comfortable being groomed. Last autumn she got loads of grass seeds tangled up in her belly fur and I had to trim the mats out. I'm hoping we can avoid that this autumn.

@misterwhiskers
 I really don't know how you'd describe her colouring. She looks black at times, but has grey hair on her belly and looks a reddish brown colour in some lights. Her three sisters and her mother are all ticked tabby. Here are some other pictures of her in different light.

She looks like Chewbacca in the middle picture. She truly is one of a kind!!!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so enthralled by this unusual looking cat that if I lived in Japan I might think of stealing her he he he. @norachan- Carpet is safe from me, I live too far away, importing a cat from Japan costs a lot  and I don't have that kind of money anyway. Besides that, do I really NEED another cat? I don't think so.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I am so enthralled by this unusual looking cat that if I lived in Japan I might think of stealing her he he he. @norachan- Carpet is safe from me, I live too far away, importing a cat from Japan costs a lot  and I don't have that kind of money anyway. Besides that, do I really NEED another cat? I don't think so.

Carpet is one of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen, so unusual.   I have to confess she does look like a different cat once slicked and groomed, and also very happy now @Norachan.  I think you have won her trust and she is much healthier as a result.  
    She is like a little feline version of a Pekinese dog - I can almost imagine her trotting along at the Crufts annual dog show, tail held high!