Black Cats Only

christie97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hee hee, very cute, and such pretty, pesty little faces. :lol3:    

Ooh, I hope you're going to come and tine the Blue / gray cat thread for your other babies (see my signature).   I see a very large blue and while paw in one of these photos! :nod:    Your black kitten looks very chilled out and patient when under attack from that blue pest. LoL
Thank you! I'll check it out and post some pictures of Earl Grey and Kurt (Earl Grey is the owner of the grey and white paw!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Just found these pictures of Panthera, dig those eyes, they are almost blue

when the light is just right the eyes appear to be almost white                                                          but then again they could be the lightest green

would you call those "chameleon eyes"?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Just found these pictures of Panthera, dig those eyes, they are almost blue when the light is just right the eyes appear to be almost white but then again they could be the lightest green

would you call those "chameleon eyes"?
What a special kitty! One of my lynx point cats has eyes that seem pale green in some light and blue in others, but I've never seen that in a black cat before. He's really stunning.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just at a no-kill shelter and they were overrun with black cats. They said they have a hard time to have black cats adopted. Does anyone know why that is so? I find black cats and even those that are not all black (tuxedos and their kin) do be the most affectionate that always want to be with you if not in your lap or in your bed with you. Are there still US  cat people who  believe that old superstition of black cats being evil or to be bad luck? In most other countries black cats are considered to be GOOD luck.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Norachan. When I adopted him at the grand age of 5 years (he had been a found cat with no ID) I was told he had "light green eyes". To my surprise when I brought him home 4 years ago I discovered his eyes to be this strange color. His black fur really set them off so I was not mistaken. The eyes have not changed since I got him and he is the most affectionate cat eve and getting more so the last few months. Oh for the love of cats.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

She's such a cutie, I love her nickname. Our Sophie gets called Sophilicious. 
Thank you. I adore her. Saurus is short for her real nickname Sophiesaurus.  In another time and place, she and your Forest would have had gorgeous kittens together.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Thank you. I adore her. Saurus is short for her real nickname Sophiesaurus.  In another time and place, she and your Forest would have had gorgeous kittens together.
Oh, they would be so cute! But imagine if they inherited their parents aversion to being groomed. We'd have all these little silver and black fluff balls running around, refusing to let us brush them.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Oh, they would be so cute! But imagine if they inherited their parents aversion to being groomed. We'd have all these little silver and black fluff balls running around, refusing to let us brush them.

Lovely vision. 

pigaro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it looks like my cat Athena ! I love black cats, they have some things mystical !

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just at a no-kill shelter and they were overrun with black cats. They said they have a hard time to have black cats adopted. Does anyone know why that is so? I find black cats and even those that are not all black (tuxedos and their kin) do be the most affectionate that always want to be with you if not in your lap or in your bed with you. Are there still US  cat people who  believe that old superstition of black cats being evil or to be bad luck? In most other countries black cats are considered to be GOOD luck.
I know they have that problem in England with black cats and black dogs. Goodness knows why.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr Poe seems to have the same eyes as my Panthera - .lightest green, almost white and sometimes looking blue. @Norachan, so there are at least TWO black cats with those weird colored eyes.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We need a better pic of his eyes to see if he belongs to this brotherhood/sisterhood of black cats cats with weird-looking eyes, bluish/white/light green, depending on the light.

regina wilson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Colchester, Essex, England tho originally from Atl
No, not homemade, its a rather large one I bought on ebay a few years ago when i had alot more cats than just the one. Even tho 10 month old Charlee is growing like a weed, he still tries to get into the smallest spaces, often with paws and a very fluffy tail hanging out. Charlee is supposed to be a  purebred ragdoll, certainly cost me a pretty penny, but we think he's a ragdoll cross.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's looking really good for a condo that you've had for a few years. My cats take great pleasure in destroying their's, I have to recover it almost every 12 months.

I don't know much about ragdolls but Charlee is gorgeous, well worth whatever you paid for him.