Bad Bad Kitty Pics!

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Next time either the tight blanket or the one claw at a time when sleeping.method.... and with you wearing armour.
He freaks out when I try to cover him. I bought a harness a couple of months ago. Haven't had any success getting him to sit still even.

The sleeping method, also hard because he's never really asleep lol. Plus he thinks the clipper is a toy. He bats and bites it.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

The sleeping method, also hard because he's never really asleep lol. Plus he thinks the clipper is a toy. He bats and bites it.
Ah, truly a bad bad kitty when it comes to claw clipping then! 
  Ever tried a nail file? 

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

It looks like Tippi is taking lessons from her mentor and then some!   Cleared the plate AND managed to use a knife and fork. 
She's a clever cat Tallulah she's training Tippi to be a proper little criminal one or both of them are stealing my socks and gloves on a regular basis and hiding them in their den , I've also found tea towel's and a thermal vest in there .

Tallulah can open some cupboard doors and Tippi is learning this skill too , Tallulah learnt this from Merlin and now she's passing it on to Tippi 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me after trying to clip his claws:

View media item 198611
My vet's Woman Friday came to clip their claws for me. Whisky sat quietly on my lap while she did it. Blighty was nowhere to be found for a few hours during and after. Last time I took him to the vet it took me 2 weeks to get there.
I daren't cut them myself. I can't see well with my glasses and I have shakyish hands. I'm scared I'll cut the quick let alone having arms like poor you.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a clever cat Tallulah she's training Tippi to be a proper little criminal one or both of them are stealing my socks and gloves on a regular basis and hiding them in their den , I've also found tea towel's and a thermal vest in there .
Tallulah can open some cupboard doors and Tippi is learning this skill too , Tallulah learnt this from Merlin and now she's passing it on to Tippi  :lol3:
There is a cat called Denis in England who goes about stealing and taking it home. They've got cameras by his flap to see.
You can find him on Google.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He must really hate having his claws messed with.

Tried starting out slower, with just getting him to let you touch his paws? But then, the brute-force method has something to be said for it; that was how I got Tiny to let me clip his. I just pinned him down, wrapped him up, and clipped them whether he liked it or not. Eventually he figured out I wasn't going to hurt him and would let him go eventually, and I don't have to wrap him or pin him anymore. Not that he likes it--he complains--but he lets me.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He must really hate having his claws messed with.

Tried starting out slower, with just getting him to let you touch his paws? But then, the brute-force method has something to be said for it; that was how I got Tiny to let me clip his. I just pinned him down, wrapped him up, and clipped them whether he liked it or not. Eventually he figured out I wasn't going to hurt him and would let him go eventually, and I don't have to wrap him or pin him anymore. Not that he likes it--he complains--but he lets me.
For future reference with blighty, how do you hold down and wrap up?
If I don't get those claws clipped he'll be scratching my furniture up as well as me which is accidental by the way.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright:   Not a nice feeling, think for me that would be worse than the scratches.....  give him a rest for a bit and rebuild his trust then see if you can start to touch and pet his paws and build up his tollerance and trust with you doing that before moving in to clip again.  Slowly slowly catchy kittyclaws.

This is Mouse on top of my bedroom door, after managing to use my back as a ladder. :sigh:   It also gives a nice illustration of how he holds on using his digits not his claws:-D

He insists on using me as a ladder to get back down again which is a pain as I have to wait about until HE gets bored....
He doesn't jump down like whisky does from the top of the cabinet?
Slowly slowly catchy kittyclaws!
:lol3:

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For future reference with blighty, how do you hold down and wrap up?
If I don't get those claws clipped he'll be scratching my furniture up as well as me which is accidental by the way.
Towel burrito. Get a beach towel, plop the cat down on it, and purrito him. Well, not so much purr, but it works.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't have a beach towels! Good reason for that.
What's purrito burrito?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What's purrito burrito?
In my experience it is where I have attempted to wrap an unwilling cat up in a towel of some sort but not moved as quickly as the cat.  I stand there dazed, with said towel wrapped rolled up around my arms so I can't move and the cat's sitting on the other side of theroom purring like a train with a big grin on its face... I have never mastered that technique.