Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aw darn it, missed when this began!  I'm sitting here, needing coffee so I can further look at my refined ethnicity results from my ancestry.com dna test.  They just completely updated my results (all results on their site).  It's again given me a HUGE curve ball.  Can't wait to discuss this one with my mom ;-)
Are those accurate? l know little about them, but l'm curious.

l don't know what's got into my cats today. Tanner (oldest) seems to be extra frisky today and is flying around like he's possessed. The 3 of them have been chirping to each other all morning trying to lure each other into chases and wrestling matches. lt sounds like they're trying to compose a song, lol.

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So does Kiefer's magical mouse game include a secret stash of mousies? When I'm too dumb to figure out the current favorite color, tailed vs. tailless, jingling vs. non-jingling mouse, a certain little somebody has been known to disappear for a few minutes to get his "perfect mousie". We can't find the stash, and if you try to
stealthily follow him he sits down and outwaits you.
Peanut used to love the balls with bells inside. He would carry them around the house. He also had a secret stash we couldn't find. When we moved we did not find a single ball. I have no idea where he could have put them, but we had to leave them all behind and buy new ones.

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Are those accurate? l know little about them, but l'm curious.

l don't know what's got into my cats today. Tanner (oldest) seems to be extra frisky today and is flying around like he's possessed. The 3 of them have been chirping to each other all morning trying to lure each other into chases and wrestling matches. lt sounds like they're trying to compose a song, lol.
I might question the degree of accuracy of their interpretation, but dna is dna, and I also did a second dna test via the Geneographic Project that National Geographic is doing, it confirmed a lot of what the interpretation was by Ancestry.com.  The refined results by ancestry, for the most part (still some surprises) now matches & confirms the further geneology research and discoveries we've had this past year.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View media item 182381
Oh, no, you broke the rules! This post will still be counted in the thread, but it can't win you a prize.

View media item 183267
1. Minimum of 15 words per post.

Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still want to see communication with your fellow members.

4. Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So who's a happy girl today!?  THIS GIRL!!!

My husband got the day off.  He's outside giving the tree a haircut and burning the already dry stuff; but it's been a LOOOOONG week and insanely happy to have another adult presence around!!

Oh!  And Mooch found her favorite mouse.  Yellow is the particular preference in this house.  This mouse is missing some stuffing and I have to cut off the tails; but it's her favorite and it's been around for years!

@jcat  Do you happen to know if the Little House on the Prairie books are available as ebooks overseas?  They aren't here and I'm pretty disapointed.  I just finished reading Little House in the Big Woods to my DD and shed LOVED it!  I have a combination of editions that were my mother's as a kid and mine; but I've misplaced 2 books over the years.  I guess it's better to have print copies then anyway.

sarahsate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm new to this site!  I rescued two feral kittens and came to this site to seek some tips for acclimating the two.  I've always been a dog owner but college/apartment life has left me large furbaby-less...so when I heard the opportunity to rescue and help some kitties in need, I'm now a proud kitty mommy :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles They're available here in paperback, but not as e-books. It's the same at amazon.co.uk. There are e-books about the author, but not the books themselves. It's the same with "To Kill A Mockingbird".

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@MoochNNoodles They're available here in paperback, but not as e-books. It's the same at amazon.co.uk. There are e-books about the author, but not the books themselves. It's the same with "To Kill A Mockingbird".
Thanks that stinks; but at least I know it's not just here!  It seems people are writing the publishers because they want it in e-book.  I hope they get more of the classics on it before too long.  I have a small collection of print copies; but I still hope to home school and reading will be a big part of our curriculum!

sarahsate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, @jcat!  I think it's deep down that  I love any kind of animal...  And that goes for many people too, I hope!  I've definitely found a respect and awe of cats.  Such graceful yet quirky beings :)  I'm lucky to have two very social and loving kitties!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
We're still not even at 400!
  I've been off line for about 15 hours, had to read about 3 pages of posts which took me about half an hour, and we're not even half way yet!!!   Come on cat people, we must work harder. 
  Surely we can to this?

Still loving this thread, there are SO many posts I'd love to reply to or comment on but not enough space or time :-(  Will have to go back later if I can and put on some thumbs up comments.

I would like to point out one possible inaccuracy in what I have read in the past 3 pages of posts ( though I can't remember who the real genius is):  Tamat, I have no recollection of going to hide in my bathroom to take a sneaky look at TCS!  I do it up front as only have Mouse to moan at me.  He just bites my arm if he's really bored and I'm pretty good at ignoring him when he does that. 
   Oh, think he might be about to get to that stage so best go and play for a while. It's a hard life being a Mouse Servant.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
mservant mservant So does that mean you'll stay up for 15 hours posting in this thread? :lol3: I wonder what your arm would look like if you did?

Mogli gets up in his cat tree, which is directly across the room from my computer table, and gives me the "evil eye" if he thinks I'm spending too much time at TCS.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Should have been on the road an hour ago but I'm still not completely packed. I didn't sleep well last night knowing we have a 13 hour drive ahead of us.

amandatzl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
MY first post to this site- wouldn't it be nice to win a prize at the same time? i have 6 cats of my own and foster numerous babies for a shelter. thank god my older cats take turns with the "mothering" of the little ones.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So for dinner tonight, I'm having a small slice of this wonderful almond flour crust apple-cherry pie (whole thing is gluten free). Yummo!  I can't stand the calories in an almond flour crust, but the flavor is just to die for...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds delicious Pat! :clap:

Welcome to our new members posting in this thread!!!!!!!!:wavey:

I just made some pumpkin muffins. There's my random fact for the day. :lol3:

Also, how do two people make so much laundry? It's mind boggling to me at times.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Should have been on the road an hour ago but I'm still not completely packed. I didn't sleep well last night knowing we have a 13 hour drive ahead of us.
I don't envy you that long a drive! Arrive safely!

MY first post to this site- wouldn't it be nice to win a prize at the same time? i have 6 cats of my own and foster numerous babies for a shelter. thank god my older cats take turns with the "mothering" of the little ones.
to TCS!

So for dinner tonight, I'm having a small slice of this wonderful almond flour crust apple-cherry pie (whole thing is gluten free). Yummo!  I can't stand the calories in an almond flour crust, but the flavor is just to die for...
That sounds delicious. It's funny, I don't particularly like almonds by themselves, but almond pastry is another matter.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh tell me about laundry..ugh!  I just love (heavy sarcasm here) having to do all hubby's shirts on one wash cycle and dry them separately, then there are to be washed in hot items, not to be confused with items needing stain-treatment, that's another load. 

Laundry just multiplies..it's a plot to get me to buy a variety of laundry products.

That said, I do love my Mrs. Myers Lavender laundry softener <G>.