Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

It seems this thread will only be truly stopped until someone comes in and locks it I suppose.
Babbling on forever is our specialty.
Hush....
 We don't want the mods to remember they can do that 

You must have missed our fascinating discussion about where our cats sleep!  We were talking about that just an hour ago. 
Hahaha it seem I was stuck on the page before and I did it. 

My kitties really like to sleep with people. My mom usually wakes up with a kitten or 2 asleep next to her and my boyfriend and his mom and sister recently got used to Conan jumping on their beds at night to sleep 

hmmmm......maybe it's something like the way our sight transmitted -to- brain handles seeing all those little emoji's in a group, many moving...?

just starting my busy day here with a little time at the computer. then off to cleaning, laundry, mowing the lawn, and the highlight of today will be installing snick's big birthday gift. snick's birthday isn't until august 1st, but i like to give her her big gift early. here's what i'm giving snick for her birthday -- https://www.etsy.com/listing/185593132/28-inch-wall-mount-vertical-scratching?ref=shop_home_feat_1   as usual, i'm very excited about snick's gift.

our jaspurr will be given a gift for snick's birthday too (she got a gift for his birthday also).
August 1st! That MY  birthday as well! Please give Snick a extra special hug from me! Yay! Birthday buddies! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've realized that the cats can easily jump from the top of their six foot cat tower right down onto the bed. I suspect I'll be woken up at least once by a cat springing down on the bed in the night.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just returned from Eclipse's first dental visit.   The vet looked at his teeth, said there wasn't a lot of tarter and didn't recommend cleaning yet. And they don't charge for dental consultations!  I love my vet!

Does this mean we don't have to stick to the rules anymore?

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, if it's going to get locked, I'd like to thank all the babblers here for all their hard work. It was a long 2 weeks that passed very quickly thanks to everyone babbling here. 

I would like to thank @Anne  and the Mod team for the wonderful opportunity to participate to win some prizes for us and our kitties and, very importantly to get to know more about the people that hang out here a lot of their time. 

I had a lot of fun babbling with everyone and I look forward to more fun activities on TCS! 

@NewYork1303  Let's not forget the banana! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I feel kind of bad posting after all those dancing bananas but wanted to join in the post competition babbling. 
    I've been out all afternoon and most of the evening and just got back a few minutes ago.  I was out with my mom and then spent 4 hours sorting through clothing donations for a local charity shop:   it never ceases to amaze me what people hand in.  It's a great way to recycle from what you don't want anymore, the charity can make money for their project and people who like to brows and shop but don't have lots of money can find some amazing bargains.  Found in a pile of things that had been donated then sorted and priced and left ready for hanging and going out for sale I found 2 lovely men's suits and one of them was an Armani one.  Similar things in women's clothing too.  Of course there's plenty of stuff that isn't worth much and almost as much that can't be sold but that all gets used even if it has to be scrapped and recycled in to other stuff - money per bag of fabric for recycling.  

This babble has been great fun and rI too have eally enjoyed meeting everyone here.  It's a nice offshoot that the new weekly thread is starting.  

I don't know who's going to close this thread or when but it has certainly been a brilliant babbling competition!  Well done all, I think this has totally blasted out the previous babbling competitions.  

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well... technically the contest ends on July 30th, so we had one more week to finish. Since it took 2 weeks for us to reach 2500 (1250 a week), I think we would have been able to reach at least 3000-3500 by then if we set our minds to it..without further ado... bananas!  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Well, okay.  I'll play. 

I feel kind of bad posting after all those dancing bananas but wanted to join in the post competition babbling. 
    I've been out all afternoon and most of the evening and just got back a few minutes ago.  I was out with my mom and then spent 4 hours sorting through clothing donations for a local charity shop:   it never ceases to amaze me what people hand in.  It's a great way to recycle from what you don't want anymore, the charity can make money for their project and people who like to brows and shop but don't have lots of money can find some amazing bargains.  Found in a pile of things that had been donated then sorted and priced and left ready for hanging and going out for sale I found 2 lovely men's suits and one of them was an Armani one.  Similar things in women's clothing too.  Of course there's plenty of stuff that isn't worth much and almost as much that can't be sold but that all gets used even if it has to be scrapped and recycled in to other stuff - money per bag of fabric for recycling.  

This babble has been great fun and rI too have eally enjoyed meeting everyone here.  It's a nice offshoot that the new weekly thread is starting.  

I don't know who's going to close this thread or when but it has certainly been a brilliant babbling competition!  Well done all, I think this has totally blasted out the previous babbling competitions.  
I've gotten some great things at thrift stores or charity shops.  I once bought a small chest of drawers that had been exquisitely hand painted with country scenes - meadows, barns, churches.  It was amazing.  Unfortunately I gave it to my daughter and when she moved she left it behind. 

And now....the mandatory bananas!

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Don't feel bad! Since the thread is not yet closed, I guess we can stay a little more 

It's so nice of you to help a charity! A lot of people may not know how much someone has worked for the items to be nice and neat. Great job you're doing! 

I'm actually not that surprised! I adore going to thrift shops because you never know what you can find!

I once found a whole garbage bin full of toys! It was about 5 ft tall. The shop owner had not looked inside but since I'm a good customer (maybe too good) he let me "help myself". I was amazed! Sooo many vintage Ninja Turtles toys! My boyfriend collects them and I found one after the other! I immediately called him and after 4 hours of exhausting work sorting the other cartoon we didn't collect, we found about 20-30 figures, tiny weapons, a couple of vehicles, a couple of horses from a themed movie or episode the turtles had, my hands were dirty, my back hurt, but we made out with all those toys for about 20dlls. The guy did give us a deal because we bought in bulk and while sorting we inadvertently decided to help him. He didn't have to do the work so he cut us a deal. 

Some of those toys my boyfriend had not been able to find for the longest time and still hasn't found them again! 

I guess your find of the suit and my remembering our find of the turtles, warrants... bananas!

Well, okay.  I'll play. 

I've gotten some great things at thrift stores or charity shops.  I once bought a small chest of drawers that had been exquisitely hand painted with country scenes - meadows, barns, churches.  It was amazing.  Unfortunately I gave it to my daughter and when she moved she left it behind. 

Ahh, but at least you and your daughter got to enjoy it for a while! 

Did someone say...bananas? 

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

I'm having the same breakfast I've had all week so far. Coffee and some extra toasty Cheez it's. These are new and they are amazing. it's a whole box of the slightly overbaked original Cheez it's. They say it's their #1 most requested new flavor. I see  why. They are so good.  I emailed them yesterday to tell them how much I like them and they emailed me back pretty quickly to say thanks and included a printable coupon for $1.25 off a box. 

To me that sounds like an utterly disgusting breakfast but to each his own. Give me one over-easy fried egg, one sausage link, half of an avocado, one piece of sourdough toast and a small glass of milk and I'm in heaven. If I go out for breakfast it's a Denver omelette with toast and a cup of decaf. Cereal of any kind leaves me cold although I have been known to have a cup of hot cereal (but no oatmeal ever) with a dollop of home-canned fruit on it. I eat that when my tummy is upset.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Well, okay.  I'll play. 

Quite a few years ago The Goodwill Industries had a "best of the best" sale at their fancy store in Pasadena, CA. They even advertised it on TV. They let people in early to check out the merchandise, then closed the store for two hours before opening it again. That way you knew where in the store was what instead of roaming around trying to find what you were interested in. I bought a 3/4 length beige genuine mink coat for $40.00. It was in excellent shape and I had it cleaned for another $10.00 (I told you it was a long time ago) and then gave it to my daughter who wore it to the opera and other fancy occasions. The stuff that was there was unbelievable, everything from genuine crystal through leather clothes, from gem inlaid oriental screens to designer gowns and dresses with labels intact. I could only wonder where all of that had come from.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

To me that sounds like an utterly disgusting breakfast but to each his own. Give me one over-easy fried egg, one sausage link, half of an avocado, one piece of sourdough toast and a small glass of milk and I'm in heaven. If I go out for breakfast it's a Denver omelette with toast and a cup of decaf. Cereal of any kind leaves me cold although I have been known to have a cup of hot cereal (but no oatmeal ever) with a dollop of home-canned fruit on it. I eat that when my tummy is upset.
I'm not a big breakfast person and this is what I have at my desk at work at about 11:30 AM so I guess at that point it would be a mid morning snack. 

My mornings are rushed between getting myself ready, walking the dog, feeding the cats and scooping the litter boxes.  Breakfast isn't even a thought. 

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Sooooooo, are we going for the 3000 mark? If so, I'm game. Oh. And here's more bananas for your  enjoyment!
Well... I'm going to keep babbling here. I hope we don't get thrown out 

Bananas rule! 

Quite a few years ago The Goodwill Industries had a "best of the best" sale at their fancy store in Pasadena, CA. They even advertised it on TV. They let people in early to check out the merchandise, then closed the store for two hours before opening it again. That way you knew where in the store was what instead of roaming around trying to find what you were interested in. I bought a 3/4 length beige genuine mink coat for $40.00. It was in excellent shape and I had it cleaned for another $10.00 (I told you it was a long time ago) and then gave it to my daughter who wore it to the opera and other fancy occasions. The stuff that was there was unbelievable, everything from genuine crystal through leather clothes, from gem inlaid oriental screens to designer gowns and dresses with labels intact. I could only wonder where all of that had come from.
That sounds amazing! One time I saw a rabbit fur full length (?)(looked about 5 ft long) coat. Asking price was about...$15 dlls. I was horrified for the poor animals that had to die to make that rabbit coat 

I'm not a big breakfast person and this is what I have at my desk at work at about 11:30 AM so I guess at that point it would be a mid morning snack. 

My mornings are rushed between getting myself ready, walking the dog, feeding the cats and scooping the litter boxes.  Breakfast isn't even a thought. 
Hahaha, we should make a club of "breakfast at desk near noon" 
  I usually promptly at 7:15 go make myself coffee (since I don't like the one served here I have to bring instant). Then catch up on e-mails since our "overlords" are 3 hrs. ahead of us. I do some work and log in to TCS, leaving the window idle and from time to time check in. After everything stabilizes around 10:30, I go grab something from the cafeteria: a sandwhich, fruit salad, donut, cookies or something to my liking.

I have lunch at 12:30 for 30-40 mins and work some more until work day is over and I get home at 7 or so. Feed the kitties, shower, do a little bit of chores, shower and go to sleep. Repeat Monday-Friday! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay, i haven't read through since i was last in this thread this morning, so i don't know how the banana fest started........but i'm in dancing banana heaven!!! i love those dancing banana dudes!

(just counted and i'm over 15 words 
)

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly just can't get over that particular emoji. It is so strange and so hilarious. Why is this dancing banana so funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.