Asking for good old board magic

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA, I haven't been around much and haven't had the chance to catch up, but have been worried about Racer, especially with the snow I know you've had out there. I'm so sorry it's causing him more pain, poor guy.

I will keep him in my prayers, and I sure hope the 8th reveals something further that can help this guy out of his pain and discomfort.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have not forgotten Racer in my prayers. I hope the test results are good! How long will it take for you to get the results?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It takes 3-5 days. They have to inject a dye into his body and then follow it as well as take blood at scheduled times-

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending out **Calming vibes** to you and Racer.

I hope the tests reveal useful information and yield positive results.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Guys,

He is over at the vet barn, and I just called to see how he was doing. I so hated leaving him there this morning.
The girl said he is a cutie, and smart, and I can't have him back! LOL They have totally fallen in love with him.
Said most horses just hang out in the back of the paddock, but every time they go out to see him, he comes up and puts his beautiful head on their shoulder and gives them his characteristic hug. I MISS HIM SO- call me a wuss, I don't care, but I want him home!

rubyangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear that Racer is ill. I am sending out prayers and positive thoughts for the both of you. I hope his tests come back positive and he makes a complete recovery!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww M.A. ((((((HUGS))))) . That is the hard thing to do leave your loved animal by the vet . I know how it feel and know the pain you are having right now .Hang in there girl , it is for his good at this time and who knows they may find out something good and a great cure for Racer .

M.A. I will continue to pray for you and Racer :angel2:

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Thanks Guys,

He is over at the vet barn, and I just called to see how he was doing. I so hated leaving him there this morning.
The girl said he is a cutie, and smart, and I can't have him back! LOL They have totally fallen in love with him.
Said most horses just hang out in the back of the paddock, but every time they go out to see him, he comes up and puts his beautiful head on their shoulder and gives them his characteristic hug. I MISS HIM SO- call me a wuss, I don't care, but I want him home!
If you're a wuss, so are we all, around this site -- and PROUD OF IT! Sounds like he knows it's for his own good and is being a great sport about it. Don't ya just love him all the more when he displays that attitude.

catsplay.com

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MA

At least you should have some comfort knowing that the people taking care of him there are caring and kind. I will keep watching for updates!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update on Racer...I think of him so often...it sounds like he is in good hands...I will continue to pray. You also are in my thoughts alot MaryAnne...I love you.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just letting you know that the test results came in and he does not have Cushings Disease. The vet is still stymied about why he foundered and says now the goal is to keep him trimmed and shoed so he learns to walk on the center of his foot instead of on the toe, and then maybe we can repair the bone rotation that has already happened. The good news too, is he has not rotated anymore so he is remaining steady. Thanks to all of you for your prayers, they have kept me grounded thus far-

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know a hole lot about horses and so don't really know if that is all good that the test come back like that . But I do know that Racer is still not all well . Please hang in there M.A. , I know it is hard on you (((((( HUGS ))))))

So I will continue to pray for Racer and for strengh fo you M.A. to go through this rough time with him :angel2:

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Things equine are a mystery to me, so I take at face value and as good news the fact that the condition you feared is not present, and he's stable. No small thing, though it's also clear from what you say that he's still got a long row to hoe. So the prayers continue. Hang in there, MA, and give the boy an extra hug from me when you get a chance.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear he does not have Cushings disease and that he hasn't rotated!! That is some very good news! I'm keeping the prayers coming.