Ask a guy out.. Or wait for him to ask??

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds to me like he likes you a bunch I hope you have a date for this weekend. And the way I would find out about the cats would be to maybe do something like let one of Trouts hairs be on your shirt and casually brush it off and say something like I love my cat but the hair should stay on her or something like that and just kind of wait and see what he says. But not on the first date wait till the second one.

happyhendrix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the past I have done it and got shot down every time.

However I did it with my bf I have now and thats how I got him.

haha through a text!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How funny you were able to flirt with him! The first time I met my husband, I immediately turned on the charm and I remember wondering what I was doing because I'd never done that; always had a "whatever" attitude. (I was at a dinner sitting next to my boyfriend at the time, too, and that didn't even stop me!)

Looking forward to the update today...

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She usually gets home from the gym around 7PM ... so I think in another 45 minutes .......... its probably happening now as I type !!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
literally.

Alright, so like I said at the very beginning of this thread..I should NEVER pursue a guy..it has never worked out for me and I don't know why I thought it would this time. So, here's what happened:

As I was going into the gym, he was standing there with his back to me, so I snuck up around him and said hi..we small talked for maybe 1 minute before he said "so do you have your number today?"...I said I would get it for him when he was on his way out...then I proceeded to SCREW THINGS UP by saying "do you want to do something this weekend?"..and he was like all awkward and said he was busy with Halloween stuff for Friday and Saturday night. I just said alright, and we talked for a couple more minutes and I said I was going to start my workout. AWFUL.

So, then later on when he was leaving, he came up and said he was heading out...then the WORST part..he said "instead of making you run all the way downstairs to get your number, just tell me and I'll remember it". GIVE ME A BREAK, I'm sure he will remember it..nice cop out though...

I told it to him, and he made no implication that he was going to call...but just said he would see me later.

Guys, I am heartbroken, I really thought we hit it off..PLEASE CHEER ME UP

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Natalie.... don't be so down. What if he's been a waiter at some point, or had some other job where he is used to memorizing things? I ain't giving up on him for ya'!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just feel so alone. All my good friends live hours away and I feel like I just need to sit and cry and eat ice cream with someone.

This sucks. I am totally crushed.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang it girlfriend, you are too special to let one little conversation that sounds like it still has potential (to me) get you down. Pick yourself up, go get some ice cream and a spoon and hog out. (that always helps
)

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I haven't stopped eating since I got home.

The next time I see him will be Tuesday, so almost a week. I feel like I am going to be sick.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry that you are so down. Maybe he just got shy or something or maybe he is good at remembering numbers. And maybe he just didn't want to put you through the trouble of you getting the number for him. Hugs to you
and if he does turn out to not call you then he is not worth such a wonderful person's time anyway.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Oh I am so sorry that you are so down. Maybe he just got shy or something or maybe he is good at remembering numbers. And maybe he just didn't want to put you through the trouble of you getting the number for him. Hugs to you
and if he does turn out to not call you then he is not worth such a wonderful person's time anyway.
Thanks, I'm trying to think of it that way...that it would be his loss if he doesn't call. It still sucks, I have been so excited over this guy for weeks. I just really thought he maybe felt the same.

Thank you very much for your kind words

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww sweetie that didnt sound bad ...........maybe hes legitimately busy this weekend .... he sought YOU out to ask for the # when you first saw him and AGAIN when he was leaving ... remember that ... if he wasnt interested he wouldnt have asked twice

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if i was allowed to eat ice cream i would join you for some.

sure it is rough when you work yourself up to ask someone out, and it does not seem to work out the way you want.

next time you see him have your number ready, and just hand it to him.
Even if you dont get a date with him, so what, there are lots of guys out there. I would bet if you look around the gym there are others. You did it once so you can do it again Dont give on yourself like that. if you see a guy you like just go for it.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Honey, don't be so hard on youself! As Pami says, he did ask for your number twice!
I'm sending you "sexy vibes"!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone

I am a little more calm this morning. I think I will just see what happens on Tuesday. And who knows, he may even call before then. I failed to mention in the previous post that he did touch my leg on his way out..so thats good I guess. I think I was freaking out because he turned me down for this weekend mostly..and really, who remembers a phone number??

Anyway, thanks for the support..

Dammit, my phone has been broken since yesterday though..for some reason, there is no dialtone, so hopefully he doesn't call while its broken..AAAAH!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

See, I knew that ice cream would help!
I didn't actually have ice cream..I had flakies, an pizza pops, and popcorn and cheese and crackers...I ate alot.

Guys are so confusing..Are there any guys on TCS that can tell me if he actually plans on calling me?? The way he asked me for it..that he would remember it sounds weird to me...CAN ANY MEN ON HERE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS?!!