Ask a guy out.. Or wait for him to ask??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright guys, this might be long..this is what happened..I think its good, but you tell me

So, he approached me today, which he hasn't really done before, and we talked some small talk and he eventually asked what I was up to this weekend...I said not much going shopping with my uncle for my cousins wedding thats coming up...then he asked when the wedding was and I said in November...anyway, I then asked what HE was up to this weekend, and he is going to a wedding in Toronto all weekend and mentioned that he's not really excited to go and be away from home all weekend..

So, anyway, more small talk..and he said he was going to keep working out now...well I then said.."you should come see me before you leave"...and he said alright and touched my arm as he walked away..

So, then I was going to go to another part of the gym where he might not see me, so I mustered up all my courage, and went up to him and just said kind of sheepishly (but I think charming).."Would you want to go for a coffee or something sometime?"..I decided to go the vague route because I am very shy...he said "yah, but the only thing is I'm going to be busy with that wedding this weekend..." and then I was like thats alright, but maybe some other time..and he said yah...(I think he may have been shocked)

So I said I was going to go get my number for him, and when I went down to my locker, I couldn't find a pen
I looked everywhere..no pen...so I went back up and said all embarrased, I totally can't find a pen...and he was like "its okay I'll be here every day next week and I'm sure I'll see you..and I said yeh...and he said Its cool, I'm busy anyway this weekend..

Then I laughingly touched his chest (which was hard as a rock
) and kind of joked how silly I am that I don't even have a pen to give him my number..and just kind of flirtingly said.."well I tried"..and he laughed..

Then on his way out, he gave me a wave and a smile.

So, do you guys think he will actually follow up on the coffee?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think so!!

It all sounds like good body language to me...he sounds so into you!!

You go girl!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I am just beaming!!! I'll be sure to keep you posted on any new developments...Now I won't see him until Monday though

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah ............yeah..............yeah..........wow ......its taking me back to my giggly youth - how exciting - and it all sounds real positive! Just need to keep the contact up and I think you´re on a winner there !

So I'll cancel those tickets - dont think he needs his ears boxing - but by the sounds of that rock hard six pack
its a shame I´m not coming

More good luck vibes for Monday then !!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

yeah ............yeah..............yeah..........wow ......its taking me back to my giggly youth - how exciting - and it all sounds real positive! Just need to keep the contact up and I think you´re on a winner there !

So I'll cancel those tickets - dont think he needs his ears boxing - but by the sounds of that rock hard six pack
its a shame I´m not coming

More good luck vibes for Monday then !!
Yay!!! Thanks so much..It is very exciting for me, I can't remember being this excited about a guy before..Plus, I'm pretty sure I say at least one dumb thing anytime I see him (because I'm so nervous)..and yet he still approahes me..so hopefully he finds me interesting even though I say weird things sometimes.

I appreciate that you would box his ears for me, what a sweety you are
..Thankfully, I don't need your services so far....I'll keep you handy just in case though
By the way, if ever you need anyones ears boxed, I'm your girl

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it went really well!!!!! Aren't you so glad you did that?

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd definitely ask him. I kissed my fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] first (we were friends at the time and I wanted more...and luckily, so did he) and I asked him out first.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're both treading carefully, but you're also both moving in the same direction. Sounds like he's in much the same frame of mind as you are. Keep the moves positive and confident without being pushy -- you're doing fine --and all should be well.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

You're both treading carefully, but you're also both moving in the same direction. Sounds like he's in much the same frame of mind as you are. Keep the moves positive and confident without being pushy -- you're doing fine --and all should be well.
What do you mean that we are both treading carefully? I don't get it

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

What do you mean that we are both treading carefully? I don't get it
I think she meant you're both taking things slow and steady, not jumping each other's bones in the middle of the gym

You go girl! Its a very well kept secret, but men really do like confident women
good luck on Monday!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I think she meant you're both taking things slow and steady, not jumping each other's bones in the middle of the gym

You go girl! Its a very well kept secret, but men really do like confident women
good luck on Monday!
Exactly. Good luck.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for clarifying, thats kinda what I thought..

I think on Monday, I will wait until he asks me for the number...just so I'm sure he really wants it.

thanks for the luck you guys