Ok, two more days
Come on, Artie! You know getting that poop out makes you feel better

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dear Artie's Intestines, 

I know that you have your problems, but you, Artie, and Artie's mama will feel much better if you can just gather your reserves and make another push at it, so to speak!

Sincerely, 

Mamanyt1953

Good vibes headed your way!  We're ALMOST THERE with N VET!  I'm so hopeful and happy!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good on ya -- I don't count today, either, especially when working at something hard or boring 
 which doesn't happen these days, as I love all of the work I do.  But anyway.

How many times do our cats do something amazing and the phone/camera is far away?!! 
  We just have to store those in the cameras of our minds, right? 

Silly Elvis has a plastic fetish, too.  I have to watch him or he'll start licking the shredder bag or the bag that our TV manuals are in.  Silly boy.  

Hoping Artie will "doo" his very best today! 

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck tomorrow with your new vet. I hope at last you get the answers needed. Will be thinking of you both.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're all rooting for you and Artie.

Like the others, I hope you get answers.  Knowing will make things "that" much easier moving forward.

You have all of us to lean on, so take advantage of that.  Let us worry for you.  Enjoy your boy.

Give Artie a big smooch for me.  Big Hugs to you... xoxohope

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hoping the poop fairy once again answers Artie's prayers. 
  We'll be thinking of you at your new vet appointment tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for good weather and good news! 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been away for a week, so I'm catching up. The vet visit is tomorrow? You have come such a long way since you booked that appointment. You really need to give yourself a pat on the back for managing Artie so well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Again, Artie was waking me up very early.. around 5:30 am!!  I had to ignore him. I really did.. 

I managed to turn over, fall back to sleep,,, again, an hour later, he was bugging me.. the sun was coming up... 

I put him off until 7;30 AM... then I played with him a bit, in bed.. you know; "snake under the covers".....and just hugging him for a bit. The sun was shining...

Artie even tried to open the drapes, and get in-between the blinds, to get me out of bed!!!

He was antsy when I did start to open things up...

Saw that he Pooped!!!!  about 6 x 1/2 inch... and soft!!  Seems like he goes every other day.. and his bowl was licked clean!!   When he poops daily, he eats better....

I gave him his liquid cisapride, his pepcid pill, and some water mixed with miralax... 10 minutes later, he vomited----

This is the 3 time he has vomited in 2 weeks... I am wondering.... one time was a fur ball...

It does look as if some fur is thinned out on his back???????????????????

The last time he was routinely vomiting was when he was eating chicken.. once I eliminated that, he stopped vomiting.. only occasionally...  The food he is eating, Hound & Gatos, has lamb with duck liver.... winged animal.... hummmm

it can't be;.. please no....not another round of this...

It is either that, or his tummy cannot handle the pepcid, cisaprde and the amount of miralax with water I am giving him.. on an empty stomach.. I am doing all that at once because the cisapride and pepcid are to be taken on empty stomachs. By combining them together, it decreases the number of times that I have bother him for meds....sigh....

I will cut down on the amount of water I give him with the pill.. I gave the liquid cisapride, then the gel cap with the pepcid, then the water.. 

I will wait a tiny bit, in-between.. problem is, he is really fighting to get down after one med... 

Tomorrow is the BIG day!!  getting nervous.. more for him, and the ride in there.. I plan on getting up very early, so Artie can get his meds into him, eat a bit, and relax... and use the litter box.. all before we leave.. 

Today is a busy day.. did not do anything at all yesterday... have to update his logs, get a bag together with some current items, put a clean towel in his carrier, pick up a couple things at the grocery store, took a tiny pork roast out of the freezer for today.. need to pick up some salad stuff and a few baby potatoes and some carrots... thinking of making the pork today... 

Feel like going to noon time mass, but I have a lot of things to do.. hope I can get it in.. 

After Artie vomited, he wanted food.. I waited a bit, gave him a tiny amount, with a lot of water.. he turned his nose up at it...but went over to it later....wonder how much he ate?

He is sleeping on top of his quilt right now.. the door is open a tiny bit for some air.. 

But he pooped and he ate last night!! that was about 1/2 large can... 

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I've said this before, but Miralax makes me throw up.

If Artie pooped already and his belly is on the empty side, the Miralax will expand and jell up, this could be just because he doesn't have enough in his belly to adsorb it.

The other times he's vomited, was it after Miralax?

I still like his attitude, so I'm thinking he's off to a good start. xoxoxoxox  Glad you got sleep.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

I know I've said this before, but Miralax makes me throw up.

If Artie pooped already and his belly is on the empty side, the Miralax will expand and jell up, this could be just because he doesn't have enough in his belly to adsorb it.

The other times he's vomited, was it after Miralax?

I still like his attitude, so I'm thinking he's off to a good start. xoxoxoxox  Glad you got sleep.
Yes, you are correct.. the last time was when I gave him miralax with water, in the morning.... I think I will stick to plain water... thanks for the reminder... ((hugs))  

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, you are correct.. the last time was when I gave him miralax with water, in the morning.... I think I will stick to plain water... thanks for the reminder... ((hugs))  
I don't mean to nag... LOL  xoxoxoxo BUT, I always question if the side effects are so great for humans taking it, what could that possibly do to a sweet furry belly... xoxo

Make sure you ask the latest vet, if miralax is okay, or perhaps he can give Artie something that was actually made for a cats sensitive stomach.  No doubt he needs help, but what type is the question. 

Love you guys, xoxohope

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's A Lovely Day Tomorrow     Frank Sinatra
Code:
It's a lovely day tomorrowTomorrow is a lovely dayCome and feast your tear dimmed eyesOn tomorrow's clear blue skiesIf today your heart is wearyIf every little thing looks grayJust forget your troubles and learn to sayTomorrow is a lovely day

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, getting nervous about tomorrow.. mostly the ride in with Artie..and getting there on time.. never know with traffic going into the city...but I will leave early enough..

I am unsure what to bring. I know that Artie's record from the R vet is huge.. it includes copies of his records from the S Vet.. and I faxed over a lot of my own.. but those are scribbled messes.. nothing coherent. I may just take the poop calendar, the food calendar and my log from the past month when I was logging things.. sigh.. I am a mess.. so unorganized..

The N Vet is going to think I am a 'hot mess'... seriously.. 

I am planning on getting up early tomorrow so Artie has time for all his meds, food and the litter box--if he needs it. He seems to go every 2 -3 days now.. but he eats better if he goes every day.. sigh.. he is slowly losing weight about an ounce every 4 days..that is since he started with his 'not pooping' bit...sigh..

should log off and rest for the night.. I will keep checking in from my cell phone, but I find it hard to post from it..

Status
Not open for further replies.