Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie says:  MEOW, Brrrurup BRrrrrr, Brump.. Meowy.... 

I had a nice time playing with my Bee. But my mom keeps waking me up to give me some yucky tasting things. I wish she would stop. I try to tell her to, but she does not listen to me. 

She is really a pain!! she keeps telling me to eat and taking me over to my litter box.. Man,, it is MY B-day, and I WILL do what I want to do.....

but I love her.. she is a good mommy.. brrrurmp

Thank you again....meow!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
In case Artie forgets to do so, .. I want to thank you all for the many birthday wishes for my boy.. We really appreciate them..

No update.. Artie has been sleeping all afternoon. I woke him up to see if he would eat.. he only licked some juice. I think I am going to give him an appetite pill tonight.. 

He has not pooped yet.. I am getting really concerned. His R vet is off tomorrow (Wed) and we are scheduled to have a real Northeaster snow storm for Thursday into Friday.. If he need to get cleaned out.. it will to wait until Saturday or Friday afternoon... I am not taking him to the Horror Show Vet Hospital.. They are saying we will be getting 8-14 inches of snow......but if I have no choice??? man... what do I do??? 

I would not care, but I am worried about him.. what happens if he is really constipated??  I know I worry.. but ~~~~~~~~~~

I have tomorrow to make a decision, just in case.. sigh.... tomorrow will be my errand day...

I am going to give him 1.75 cc of lactulose soon.. he just has to poop... unless he is completely blocked.. sigh..but if he was, would he be playing as he did this morning?? and look so good.. and want to be brushed???

But if he was completely blocked then nothing would have come out last night.. sigh.. I am so confused...

He is the most confusing thing.. nothing makes any sense at all.....

just wish I could get a handle on things... sigh

Last edited:

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Artie looks really good in this picture! Keep up with the playtime, the more he exercises and moves around the better chances of the stool working it's way out.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Is there an ER nearby that would give him an enema before the snow hits?  Assuming Artie does not leave you a present or two in the meantime?  

C'mon Artie.  Your mom got you a great birthday present.  Now do something nice for her!  

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe he just doesn't need to go every day. Neither of my cats do. Both go every other day or so. IDK what is his normal but it's every other day or two for mine.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
He is running away from me.. he is tired of me bothering him with meds.. he is staying in his quilt/tent all day... not coming out for anything.. sigh.. cannot tell if he is uncomfortable or just hiding from me...his condition changes so fast...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

Is there an ER nearby that would give him an enema before the snow hits?  Assuming Artie does not leave you a present or two in the meantime?  

C'mon Artie.  Your mom got you a great birthday present.  Now do something nice for her!  
no... the only one is the Angell Memorial or the horror place...

I guess I could ask if one of the other vets in the R Vet practice would be willing to see him...since his records are there...sigh

Last edited:

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that picture was from a couple years ago....

this is recent:

He is running away from me.. he is tired of me bothering him with meds.. he is staying in his quilt/tent all day... not coming out for anything.. sigh.. cannot tell if he is uncomfortable or just hiding from me...his condition changes so fast...
AW poor baby! I guess it's just all about good days and bad days. I'm sorry he's giving you a hard time with the medicine. I hope he perks up soon and has some good days for you. Give him a hug for me!

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Artiemom I know you're worried sick right now, but didn't he pooped yesterday? If his new food is devoid of fillers, then there's a good chance he doesn't need to go as much as before.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I agree. He may not need to go every day, especially if he is not eating much. The enemas are hard on him. I would wait another day.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie gave me a birthday gift. He has diarrhea now. Oh well. Poor baby. But I am not worrying about constipation or enemas. Lol

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Artiemom I know you're worried sick right now, but didn't he pooped yesterday? If his new food is devoid of fillers, then there's a good chance he doesn't need to go as much as before.
that is a great point, when Midi went on his raw food diet I notice his poops got a lot smaller and less frequent 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy birthday, Artie
  Leroy says,"Psstttt... ask your Mom to get a Neko Flies toy. It's way more fun than Da Bird
"

Hope Artie poops soon. Maybe he doesn't need to go every day. Sometimes my cats skip a day but they go early the next day.

nevroth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ARTIE!!

I hope you and Mama have a good day. I'm thinking of you both and wishing the best of outcomes. Big hugs from me and Mephi 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I almost missed his birthday too.
[emoji]127880[/emoji]Happy Birthday sweet boy!

I agree about the probably not needing to poop every day.
Angel only did every other day, & when he was on the raw Bravo patties, only about every two days. Yes, the moving around with playing will help move things out, if they need moving. I say keep that up too. [emoji]128077[/emoji] Great idea about rubbing his tummy when he's feeling good.
Easier said than done, I know, but try to relax. Remember our fur babies are sensitive to our stress.
I think he sounds like he is doing well right now.
Until he eats more, to have more to poop, it's a wait & see...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie slept with me all night... I know him.. that means he does not feel well.. sigh.. only a 3 inch pudding puddle last night.. nothing else. 

I found him in his litter box this morning. I do not know if that was because he had to go and could not, or he had cramps, or he was trying to hide from me and his meds... he knows I do not bother him when he is in his litter bathroom... poor baby..

Ate all the food from last night... and ate fairly well this morning.. He is hiding in his quilt/tent right now..

Got some great news!! I called the N Vet's secretary, just to see if all his records got there. She returned my call just now. Such a nice woman. She moved his appointment to 2 days earlier!! Now he is going on the 21st....and if she can, she will try to move it to next week.. so nice...

but Artie has to poop....

I found a piece of smeared poop on the cover sheet on my bed, and a piece of smeared poop where he sits to eat... 

Today is a sub-q day.. he will be good about it.. 

Last edited:

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Artie! Maybe he'll be able to use the box after he's been up for a bit. Great news on the appt. getting moved up. Things are getting better for you! Stay positive and Arties' health will get straightened out soon. Have a relaxing day, please try.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
hey what about olive oil? with kittens we put a couple drops of it in formula..put some in babyfood and spoon feed him..I didn't read the latest posts so I apologize..I have to go to a dumb meeting for 2 hours...I HATE sitting down and listening to whaaawhaaawaa (snoopy) and I get tired and cranky....ARTIE POOP!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news that they were able to move up your appt. & Get you in even sooner if possible. [emoji]128077[/emoji]
It's also good that Artie ate, and that he did poop. 3" is not bad.
I agree, try to relax. He ate & he pooped. Both good news.
Perhaps once what he did eat last night has a chance to work its way through his system, he may go again, but for now, I think 3" is not bad. Good boy Artie. He probably just needs some rest time.
Hang in there!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry I'm late to the party here in wishing Artie a Happy Birthday

Also, that diarrhea is probably from the increased amount of Lactulose, right?  And he may have cramping from the same thing.  I read that it's one of the side effects.  But since you've said he's been eating less lately, it seems natural that he's pooping less.

Since he's hiding from you now and is so adamant that he doesn't want his meds, I wonder if you could give him most of them as injectables?  Most can be given right into their scruff while they are getting their "brushies" and they never even know what's happening
  And for the Miralax, since it's odorless and tasteless and doesn't gel up, could you possible just mix it with a teeny bit of food and give that to him, then don't give him any more food until you've made sure he has eaten the stuff that has the Miralax in it?  Or even give it to him in tuna juice, even if it's just 1 teaspoon of the juice so he laps it up?  That way you don't have to syringe it into him.  (and did you know Lactulose also comes in powdered form?  Don't know what happens to it though if you mix it with anything, like food )

OH!  And also, have you seen this site?  http://felineconstipation.org/introduction.html  More light reading

Status
Not open for further replies.