Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat   Artie is doing so-so..... not eating much.. I think he wants new food. He wants me to open up a new can of food each, a couple times a day. He is also suddenly not eating the new food...sigh..

I also feel he is getting backed up.. sigh.. 

All he did last night was lick the juice from the food.. sigh

No poop in the box.. I know he needs a good, good, couple of poops.. not just a one time deal--he needs to go a couple of times during the day...

If he is not eating, he is not getting his miralax dose. I am trying to syringe it into him, but he is so strong and feisty now, that he spits it out...sigh

He ate 1/8 of a 5.5 oz can for breakfast. 

I am about to wake him up for brushing.. and see what he does..

He is so alert... He tried to wake me up early this morning. I ignored him. I felt eyes on my.. he was on the side of the bed, next to my arm.. not touching.. just watching, and waiting.

I fell back to sleep... he waited and then meowed to get me up.. several times.. I looked and he was on my night table, watching me.. I ignored him.. he came over, meowed several times and then started with the tap, tap.. 

I had to get up.. He was purring so loud... following me all over.. I was expecting a huge poop or a clean dish.. but no, I was disillusioned when I saw, no poop, and a full dish of food.. 

He is more playful, but he needs to poop... maybe because the food does not contain any fillers--just the meat and the vitamins, taurine, that his poop size will be smaller? or is it because he is getting stuck?? I do not know..

He is so full of life.. runs over to the scratchers, scratches his nails, then does a brrrup, and runs away from me...playing-like...

and his appetite has been severely diminished.. I gave him a Cerenia, just in case.. I plan on giving him 1.5 of lactulose twice today, to see if anything comes out.. I keep waiting and keep increasing the dose.. 

He is really fighting me with the meds now... he is done with them.. kind of a good sign that he is stronger...but..

watching the earlier rain, now turn to huge snowflakes.. wanted to take a quick run outside, but I am not sure.. coming down fast and furious, sticking to the grass....

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds great that he is full of life and playing. You said he is stronger-that's wonderful. Maybe he will eat or poop in a short while. Enjoy this time he feels good purring and following you. Good sign of improved health.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

No poop in the box.. I know he needs a good, good, couple of poops.. not just a one time deal--he needs to go a couple of times during the day...
Poop, Artie, poop and poop again!  Mom is begging you.  Fingers crossed for the poop fairy today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We just played for a half hour... and then he was thirsty, so he went over to his food dish to eat... fingers crossed... 

He is so full of life.. so strong.. He was actually jumping in the air, chasing his B-day toy.. His b-day is supposed to be either 2/6 or 2/8 , so he got his toy this morning..

It is a bee.. on a wire.. with a pole.. made by the same people who make DA BIRD....

he loved it...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I will say if he was really under the weather, he wouldn't be playing. I would just watch for vomiting but do the miralax twice a day like you have been and the lactulose. you can always smear a bit on his paw to make him lick it up that way. That stuff is messy and sticky. And yes you have to get it aimed just right into the mouth otherwise it ends up where we don't want it.  I think you will see him get into a routine of pooping every other day. It's not unusual for us to go every other day. As long as it's not 5 days to a week long I wouldn't panic. Just keep doing what you are doing. lactulose and mira can cause gas that could be why he's meatloafing...maybe rub the tumtum a bit when he's being "happy" then he won't mind?! :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
daBird is the favorite toy of the cats in this furmily, so anything made by that company has got to be pretty good!  *HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG GUY!*  Hoping Artie has fun, good food and treats, and of course, lots of LOVE for his special Day!

A PURRthday cake for Artie, with lots of love and wishes for many, many, many more! 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

If you cut down on your writing here, we would only bug you for updates so you might as well keep writing!  
    You and Artie have touched a lot of hearts.  

Wonderful news about the poop.  
And you took the words right off of my fingertips!

OK..so, some poop, not enough but some, and eating a bit, and playing like a kitten.  I'll take that with crossed fingers and send LOTS of good thoughts your way!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARTIE!!!!!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Late to the party, but

:music3: Happy birthday to you :music3:
:music2: Happy birthday to you :music2:
:music: Happy birthday, dear Artie :music:
:music3: Happy birthday to you :music3:​

:party4::bday::cake::hobbes::party::present::dance::woo::banana2::hyper::balloon::banana1::woohoo::jump::clap::blobturq::blobgreen :blobyello :blobmir::blobmul::blobpink::blobblue::blobpurpl :blobred::party4::bday::cake::hobbes::party::present::dance::woo::banana2::hyper::balloon::banana1::woohoo::jump::clap::party4::bday::cake::hobbes::party::present::dance::woo::banana2::hyper::balloon::banana1::woohoo::jump::clap::blobturq::blobgreen :blobyello :blobmir::blobmul::blobpink::blobblue::blobpurpl :blobred::party4::bday::cake::hobbes::party::present::dance::woo::banana2::hyper::balloon::banana1::woohoo::jump::clap::party4::bday::cake::hobbes::party::present::dance::woo::banana2::hyper::balloon::banana1::woohoo::jump::clap::blobturq::blobgreen :blobyello :blobmir::blobmul::blobpink::blobblue::blobpurpl :blobred::party4::bday::cake::hobbes::party::present::dance::woo::banana2::hyper::balloon::banana1::woohoo::jump::clap::party4:

Status
Not open for further replies.