Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

mageris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keep us updated, I'm excited for you and Chanel. I'm glad things have progressed so smoothly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teying to remember how to post a video

Last edited:

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in love with Chanel!! Those babies are gorgeous, active and look so healthy! Your son is precious, how old is he? I have a 5 year old son that's why I asked. :)

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My son is 3, but he thinks he's 23. Lol.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Got her blankets all switched out. Now she gets to use the blankets I had bought for polka. I thought she might get a little nervous when I started moving her babies but she was more concerned with where I put the food bowl. Apparently placenta was just an appetizer. :flail:

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Genders are revealed! Calico-girl (obviously), black and white-girl, orange and white-boy

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The gene required for calico is on the X Chromosome and in order for calico to be present, 2 X genes are required. Since boys are XY, the only way a male can be calico is if the mother carries a double copy of the X and passes that gene to her son, which is extremely rare.

Chanel hasn't had another kitten yet. Maybe it's just her uterus shrinking and moving around? Or maybe I'll find another kitten tomorrow morning. Lol. She's comfortable and happy so we'll see what happens.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's rare for a calico to be male.
The gene required for calico is on the X Chromosome and in order for calico to be present, 2 X genes are required. Since boys are XY, the only way a male can be calico is if the mother carries a double copy of the X and passes that gene to her son, which is extremely rare.
Thanks!