Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
people like that just sicken and disgust me! please call CPS ASAP! that poor baby shouldn't be living in that filth. i had a feeling the girl was lying to you when you first posted her story. hopefully a rescue will step in and take the animals. these people need to be prosecuted for child and animal neglect and abuse. this girl is probably inbred herself. you have a huge heart!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is doing really well. She's starving. We have been home 3 hours now and in this time, she's drank 3 ounces of kmr, a handful of kitten chow and she's polishing off her second can of wet food. She's drank quite a bit of water and is using the litter box. She seems very unsure of us but when we show her we have food, her hunger outweighs her fear. Once we can get her out in the open, she LOVES being rubbed down and will do summersaults when she starts getting excited. She's still very much a kitten at heart. other than obviously being very underweight and full of fleas, she seems okay so unless we have an emergency arise with her, I'll call our vet Monday to see when we can get her in for a good once over. I'm going to keep feeding her as much as she wants to pack away as long as she doesn't make herself sick. I'll aim for a weight gain of an ounce per day right now which would put her at just under a 2 pound gain in the next month. I think she has the appetite to achieve it!

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was the girls baby. The grandparents were with her. We truly do have people coming out of the woodwork. Someone saw my post on Facebook and they are involved with the animal coalition and I received a message from them this morning. The sad part is, if I can get someone to listen to me about these animals, I'm willing to bet that every single one is euthanized because they are so sickly that it would quickly become too expensive to help them all. We named her Chanel. We got the capstar in her and she drank a whole bunch of kmr. Hopefully the kmr will help her put some weight on her bones.
As sad as it is they would be shown mercy at least. I sincerely hope these monsters are shown none because evil deserves none.

I hope she does better though poor thing deserved better than she had before this. I give you credit really just reading what happened ticks me off big time so I can only imagine how you must feel through it all.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was extremely angry when we were down there and angry all the way home but Chanel is here now and it might be a bumpy road but she will be okay so I'm focusing on the positive. I'm praying like crazy that she isn't pregnant. If she is, it's not going to end well for the kittens I'm afraid.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost in tears. Having gotten her was the best. Thing. That ever happened to Chanel. I pray they aren't the kind of monsters who sell kittens to dog fighters and snake owners. I wish you could report her to the police for fraud...she posted a fake Craigslist posting under false pretenses. That ride cost you money, though I am SOOOO glad you saved Chanel!!! She reminds me of my rb tortie Tootsie in so many ways. You are an incredible human being. [emoji]128519[/emoji][emoji]128519[/emoji][emoji]128519[/emoji]

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did think about that. I will see how our vet feels this week and go from there. She's doing really good today. Still eating like crazy. She looooooves wet food. Her big appetite gives me hope that her biggest problem is neglect and not a serious underlying medical issue causing her to be so thin.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a little mini update. She is a very awesome cat. She MUST be petted while eating and that is non-negotiable. She eats (and therefore poops [emoji]128567[/emoji]) like a champ. She's not going to have any problems with gaining weight. She does have a fairly round belly but I'm torn between her being pregnant and just looking pregnant from malnourishment. She has a lot more energy today and has taken to the challenge of some major self grooming. She looks 100x better today than yesterday. Her fur is soft and clean now and she smells decent. I cleaned up her eyes really well and they aren't watering now. Thinking she may have had watery eyes from being in a very smoky house. Possibly a sensitivity to smoke. I got a good look at her teeth today and other than a little underbite, her teeth look really healthy. Her motor is LOUD. I put up a couple pictures of her body shape to show why I'm really uncertain what to think about pregnancy. I know it's hard to tell in photos though. I also put up a couple litter photos. I've never in my life seen a cat use a litterbox like that. She has to perch on the edge to use it. Her poop looks great also. It's soft but formed and I see no signs of anything in it other than poop. So far so good.

bellad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh she is gorgeous! I wonder if her using the litter tray like that is because in her previous home it was so dirty she didn't want to stand in it? So glad you have taken her away from there!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think B bellad may have a point about why she uses the litter box the way she does.

She does look better already - it's amazing. She looks pregnant, but like you say, maybe it's just that she's malnourished. Are her nipples pink?

Are the fleas falling off her from the capstar pill?

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is a very good point. She probably is used to using a filthy litter box. I'll be interested to see if her habits change as she learns that she'll never have to use a dirty litterbox again. Other than her small stature, she seems like she's going to be a very quick rehabilitation. Since giving her the capstar, I've only found 2 fleas on her and both were on their last breaths. I helped them along with that breath. [emoji]128565[/emoji] we are now on Facebook! You can follow our rescue now if you are on Facebook. It is called Polkas House kitten rescue. Hopefully I can expand the reach of our page and make sure we can locate homes for all our furry babies. Of course, I'm staying on here as well. You guys are the ones who were there from the get-go.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Been out all day and just catching up on all the updates.  I coudn't help a huge intake of breath when I saw your first photo of her so obviously emmaciated, and then the one beside your hand so tiny.   Saving even one cat from that environment is a wonderful thing and Chanel's life must already be transformed beyond anything she could ever have hoped for.  I hope she thrives quickly in your care and your vet doesn't find any serious health issues other than her weight.  

There is a little glimmer of hope in me that maybe the girl that called you knows something isn't right with the care available in her home and wanted to you save this cat - and maybe do something for the others (call for help as you plan).  I guess no one will ever know other than her.  

Looks like your rescue plans are now a reality.  How exciting and wonderful.  Congratulations, and may you find many more people locally who are happy to team up with you.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so pretty. Will you keep her? I hope you do as she will be heartbroken to be taken away from her saviour.
Have you ever noticed how they concentrate when using the letter box? Such a sweet little face and lovely colours. I hope she's not pregnant.
What disgusting people. Poor kitties and baby.
You really are amazing.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, she looks wonderful!!! And yea, this is how smart and determined indoor kitties use a stinky litterbox, or at the least, an overused one. What is just absolutely amazing about Chanel is that she even has the determination to still use a litterbox. You would think most cats would have learned to use other areas. She is a people pleaser. She knows exactly what you saved her from. She sure doesn't seem to miss them in the least, eh??

The odd thing is, her former owners must have at least not shown her anger or abuse. She doesn't run, she uses a litterbox. She was "just " [emoji]128533[/emoji]. severely negected and ignored. That is typical of the almost-worst kind of hoarders. They have just enough attachment to still be able to offer some kind of care. If it gets any worse for them, and it will, it would be the kind of house filled with many dead animals. I am so glad you rescued her. I doubt she'd have lived to see many more birthdays.

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know much (if anything) about cat pregnancy beyond what I've read on this site, but is it possible that this girl, if not pregnant has pyometra? Or is she too young for something like that?

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't believe she has pyometra. She has no signs of infection and has probably never had a heat cycle without successful mating. I don't think she was abused. These people seemed to have a very disturbing, out of touch with reality type of love for her. She didn't use the litterbox at first. She had absolutely no problem pooping and laying in it to sleep. As far as keeping her, I have many of my own cats already so I will have to see how things go. I never want more animals than I can devote a fair amount of time to. At the moment, she seems to have a mental deficit. Possibly inbred? Not sure but she's just not "all there". If that doesn't improve as her physical health improves, I will keep her simply because I don't want her to be abused because she's slow.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may not have gotten enough taurine when she was younger. It is vital to healthy neurological development.