Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

jeapa507

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is a beauty!!!

Good luck with picking up the pregnant cat. I hope everything works out.

bellad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sure I'm not the only one who keeps checking back to see how the pick up today went, so excited to hear about your first rescue :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure I'm not the only one who keeps checking back to see how the pick up today went, so excited to hear about your first rescue
Fingers crossed here, and sending positive vibes that all is going well until we hear back.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got her. :( this is heartbreaking. She is definitely pregnant. The people are animal hoarders. They are recklessly breeding every animal they have because "babies are cute." This girl is 2 years old. She is pregnant with her 4th litter. She is pregnant by her son. She is absolutely emaciated. Her vertebrae are protruding. She is covered in scabs and losing her hair. She has sores on her paws and an eye infection. I have almost no hope she will have viable kittens so for now, we focus on seeing to it that she survives and thrives. I haven't brought out the stethoscope to look for heartbeats yet as I'm more concerned with getting some food and milk in her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This IS heartbreaking, but I know that if anyone can bring this deserving gal back to health it's you.

She looks so sweet and defenseless. I'm so glad you have rescued her. I'm going to start prayers that her heart and soul begin to heal quickly.

Last edited:

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I see in the photos is a miracle waiting to happen.. I mean, I am sure this little lady will come strong out of this. 

There's nothing like a clean, safe, loving environment for a sick mommy to thrive.

Her will for life and survival is already written all over her eyes. Just sweet 

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is much much smaller than she looks in the pictures. I can see every. Single. Vertebrae. My guess is she weighs 4-5 pounds.

Okay. Full story. We were under the impression by the girl yesterday that she had cat and would be evicted if she didn't get rid of it. She had run to the store or somewhere and wasn't there when we got there. Her parents were home and apparently had no idea about the story she had told us. I walked in and immediately wanted to run away. There was at least 10-15 cats and there were mama kitties everywhere who's litters I wasn't able to see. The house was falling apart inside. There was animal feces and urine everywhere. The house is infested with fleas. They had deformed cats there from irresponsibly inbreeding these cats repeatedly. They were very open about breeding their females immediately after they delivered a litter because they couldn't get enough of these cute babies. When I asked why they had so many because I thought they were getting evicted, she said they own their home. I told them what their daughter had posted on Craigslist and she laughed it off. She said she was only getting rid of this one because her last litter had deformed cats and she didn't want that again. :-( the saddest part, in the midst of this filth and sadness, a one week old baby was lying on a mattress on the floor. A human baby was surrounded in filth. I don't know whether to contact someone regarding the animal hoarding first or cps for the welfare of that baby. I mean, sometimes my house stinks. I currently have 11 cats and 8 litterboxes, but this was a long term filth. Not the mess that comes with litter training kittens. I just used a stethoscope on Chanel. I think she may not be pregnant. I love babies but it would be a blessing if she isn't. Upon further examination, I hear no heartbeats. Her stomach is large but very soft with no palpable lumps anywhere. Her nipples are pale. Her anus is very red and slightly opened. It looks like a tomcat may have attempted to mate her in her anus. I'll monitor to make sure she's healing. I'm afraid she may have a severe infestation of worms causing her round belly although I saw no worms in her poop. She is extremely loving and a total attention hound. However, she's in isolation pending blood work for leukemia and stool sample for parasites so I'm off to shower before loving up my other babies.

Oh, good news today. A local animal coalition heard about our plans and is going to partner with us in our efforts to home any available kittens. They are also helping us set up our own rescue on petfinder.com. She got us in contact with a lady who can help supply food and litter should we need assistance. She said to be advertised on her website, we need a name and she'll help us set up a webpage of our own if we'd like. So, since polka started it all, our rescue is now officially named Polkas House, second chance kitten rescue. She also has a vet that doesn't typically do emergency after hour visits but they hold a contract with the animal coalition so she said we will never need to worry about using the horrible vet we used July 12th!

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is a size comparison. My hand on her. She is so so small. Sad thing is, she's very tall. She's just nothing but bones.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so cute! She's one lucky little girl to have crossed your path... It's no accident [emoji]128521[/emoji]
This thread has everything and you are one incredible person! Rescue isn't easy and it feels like throwing a piece of sand at a time back into the ocean, but it matters and makes a difference! Hugs to you and your lovely family [emoji]128151[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! I'm utterly speechless. I hate to say it, but those people need to be reported. The baby is not in a safe, healthy environment, and the animals sound neglected. They are probably in violation of city or county ordinances with the hoarding. I'm appalled.

I love that suddenly your fledgling organization is beginning to take shape! :) you have people practically coming out of the woodwork to help! This part is absolutely delightful!

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks very sweet. Does she have a name? I can't believe the girl told you that whole story.  I'm not surprised she was not there when you arrived. Was that her baby? 

Good news about the coalition!

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to. Cps will be an easy call. Finding someone who cares about them hoarding animals is a whole different story. I definitely believe she crossed our path for a reason. As did polka. Polka is the reason we are doing this. because of the events surrounding polka, her pregnancy, her kitten loss and the receiving of orphan kittens, we discovered how many cats are overbred, roaming the streets and euthanized immediately upon capture because they are pregnant. It is still devastating to have lost polkas kittens but something good needs to come of it. Besides, what fun is money if you can spend it on something you enjoy?

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was the girls baby. The grandparents were with her. We truly do have people coming out of the woodwork. Someone saw my post on Facebook and they are involved with the animal coalition and I received a message from them this morning. The sad part is, if I can get someone to listen to me about these animals, I'm willing to bet that every single one is euthanized because they are so sickly that it would quickly become too expensive to help them all. We named her Chanel. We got the capstar in her and she drank a whole bunch of kmr. Hopefully the kmr will help her put some weight on her bones.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was the girls baby. The grandparents were with her. We truly do have people coming out of the woodwork. Someone saw my post on Facebook and they are involved with the animal coalition and I received a message from them this morning. The sad part is, if I can get someone to listen to me about these animals, I'm willing to bet that every single one is euthanized because they are so sickly that it would quickly become too expensive to help them all. We named her Chanel. We got the capstar in her and she drank a whole bunch of kmr. Hopefully the kmr will help her put some weight on her bones.
When I see stories about hoarders in the news, they try to save as many animals as possible.

When you call in cps they will call in animal control I bet.

Last edited:

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is there a local SPCA that has a rescue and investigations department?

It may not be the popular opinion...but euthanasia for those cats is not their worst outcome. Hopefully, many can be saved and nursed back to health...but I'd rather them be euthanized than be continually bred and have to live in those conditions. :(

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These people were 250 miles from us so I'm not sure what's available down there. I will have to do some research tomorrow.