Anyone's kittens due in next week?

lemna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww, poor Mischa. She'll probably bounce back, especially since she has two babies to take care of.  

Problem is with my Chipotle is that no one knows when she mated or even who her previous owners were.  Someone left her locked in the basement where the real estate agent showing the house found her.  

I'm thinking about taking her to the vet this week.  She did see a vet before coming to me and tested negative for FIV and FeLV, but I know she has worms* and there seems to be some discharge coming from one of her eyes.  I just have to decide whether to take her to my nearby vet or one of the vets that the rescue uses.  If I take her to mine I would have to pay for it.  If I take her to theirs I usually have to wait nearly an hour in their waiting room and they sometimes are rude to me.  This is why I'd almost rather pay to take her to my vet!

* I gave her Strongid on Friday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lolasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
About half an hour ago Lola changed position and was sat in some water, then noticed gooey discharge, she has had a snack, a clean and is back to sleep now....PLEASE LET THIS BE HER STARTING! 

icey bolt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like it is. Hopefully no more than 36 hours for babies! Come on Lola! lemna the only thing I think is a little odd is that there hasn't been movement but judging by her size maybe they are too squished lol . Mischa hasn't left her babies but she usually rests with them a day before getting back to normal . The vet can't do much while she's nursing can they? I just want her to get spayed ASAP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lolasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hope so Iceybolt, she needs to have them overnight but not between 9am and 3pm tomorrow when I'm in work arrrghhh! 

1donna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Need my girl to hold them in till atleast tues as shes not lost her plug yet i after leave her tomorrow for the whole day but got a friend sitting in just incase........

icey bolt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are very wiggly and hard to take a clear pic but here they are. Think I'm keeping the orange boy name Gilbert. And hoping my mom will take the baby girl.im letting my mom name her :lovegrin:

lemna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was thinking that they only move around in there once they're about to come out. But who knows.

A cat can be spayed while nursing.  My rescue usually waits until the kittens are 8 weeks old.  This is so that they can all get fixed in one appointment, the kittens are old enough to be separated from mom for a day, and if smells get messed up and the mom doesn't recognize the kittens, again the babies are old enough to be okay.  But you can ask your vet what they think.

icey bolt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a cat named icey because we found her at a place called ice express and every time she gave me I had to be right by her side. One morning she was ready and woke me at 4 am.i knew it was time so I took a potty break and she pretty much grabbed me by the hand off the toilet to be with her. Another time I had just gotten back from out of town and she went into labor within 30 min of me getting home.i wonder if she held it to wait for me. bolt was my male cat.i miss them both terribly I try not to think about it. Point is I wonder if maybe than can try and hold off on labor til they're comfortable? Just a thought I had last night when I was sleep deprived lol

icey bolt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. And that makes sense I didn't think about them being separated so I'll wait til they are 8 weeks.is it a procedure where they stay overnight or is it a few hours? Just preparing myself for what to expect .and I usually can see the kittens moving a week or two at most before birth but I'm no expert although I do have a dream to open a cat rescue one day

mama2poquito

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a little girl due very soon(I hope). She hasn't eaten much today, but otherwise she is behaving normally. Loves belly rubs (just not vigorous) so I'm always feeling kitties moving.

icey bolt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's always exciting waiting for new babies.good luck to all the mamas .

lemna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We usually drop them off in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. They don't even use stitches anymore.  It's just kind of a glue that dissolves as they heal.