Any weird things your cats like eating?

alima

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hummus. She's terrible, the second she sees a red carrot she's all over me looking for the hummus.

He's tried a few things which he found out he really didn't like. He tried a teabag once I'm left in the sink, it was ripped open and scattered all across the kitchen floor, and he's been a bit more cautious since he made the mistake of trying my marmite on toast.
My cat likes hummus too, but had a sore tummy a few days after having multiple tastings so I wasn't sure if they are allowed to have it?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat likes hummus too, but had a sore tummy a few days after having multiple tastings so I wasn't sure if they are allowed to have it?
If it has garlic or onion, your cat shouldn't be allowed to eat it.  My Julie and Spice both like pinto beans, so there is some attraction to legumes.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time I brought in a spider plant to hang in my kitchen window, and my kitties went crazy for it!  Anybody else had the same reaction?  I read that it's not harmful to them but they still shouldn't eat a lot of it.  But I've never seen such a welcome home party in all my life as when I brought in a plant specifically for them to eat.  They had it looking like a pineapple by the next morning!  I never noticed any digestive upset with them either as all of them shared equally it seemed.  

I've since tried cat grass and they don't care for it! 

zelskid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Left cat hair in the Parkay?

Last edited by a moderator:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Felix has taken a liking to timothy hay. I feed it to my rabbit and sometimes some falls on the ground or my rabbit makes a mess with it. Felix will play with it and chew on it for a while. Don't think it's hurt him though. Just thought it was an odd thing for him to do. Kind of like catnip. He'll smell it for a very long time before eating it.

smile123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cupcake likes salad. If I drop a piece she will keep licking it and then chew it, she usually spits it out after. She [emoji]9829[/emoji]️ string cheese. Sometimes I take her outside and she sees my chicken eating grass, so she bites some and you can see her swishing it around and trying to swallow it :lol3:

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Loki acts like French toast is cat nip. But, he would almost eat any people food if I let him lol

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sparrow likes anything as long as there's gravy with it : cassoulet, ravioli,...

He also likes lentils, Green beans & Flageolet beans.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lilith and Henry LOVE scrambled eggs. Very softly scrambled that is- so they are still wet. I had some on a plate with a slice of buttered toast not long after he came out of his room. I got up to get something and put the plate on the coffee table. Bad idea. When I got back, Lily and Henry were chowing down on the eggs and somehow, the piece of toast was halfway down the dog's throat. One of them must have pushed it onto the floor as toast does not impress them.

"Here. YOU take this. We don't want it. Don't say we never gave you anything."  

I had to find something for Sophie after that since she doesn't like eggs or toast and was sulking that they were all getting treats and she had nothing. Children.