Any weird things your cats like eating?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The threads go through phases. I am happy that you started it back up again. I found out that Spice likes Triscuits and Wheat Thins.

duck2swan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Noonu loves green olive brine! I cant open a jar without her losing it. Also she will lick the
flavor off cheetos and plain corn chips. She mostly sticks to her own food. She does like to lick plastic and lay on it lol

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Noonu loves green olive brine! I cant open a jar without her losing it. Also she will lick the
flavor off cheetos and plain corn chips. She mostly sticks to her own food. She does like to lick plastic and lay on it lol
She probably likes the salt.

katie joy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am quite lucky with my two rescue cats. Duchess is a very good girl and only eat her food, she has no interest whatsoever in what I am cooking or eating. Jimmy, he is very interested, but I have never given him our food. He used to jump up on the counter and pester me for his own food and mine but I refused to give him his food unless he was off the counter. He has learned. He waits patiently for his food. He even sits for his treats. We say sit. He sits and gets a treat! He also now sits and watches me eat. After a while he knows he won't get anything so he goes away and sleeps.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat loves chips or crackers because she is craving kibble, which I removed from her diet due to vomiting. She gets Purebites freeze dried chicken for snacks, which does not have a crunch factor. She misses the crunch.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burt loves Cheese Puffs and potato chips, he's not ashamed to beg for these! Casper couldn't care less for ANY kind of people food, he considers mice as an acceptable snack.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kitties for the most part don't care for people food except for a bite of tuna which they are very demanding about when I open a can of tuna.  One of my cats loves deli ham which I know isn't good for her or me for that matter because of all the preservatives and processing chemicals.  I don't have it in the house very often but when I do she is right there begging when I have a sandwich so I give her a little bite.  My other kitty couldn't care less about it.

felineempathy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Let's see....my cat likes to take nibbles off my arms and hands in the morning  that wake me up and knead me to feel my internal organs.  I think she's plotting to kill me in my sleep! 

Last edited:

felineempathy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But seriously, Shanoah took a bite out of a blueberry muffin when I wasn't looking.  She was really persistent about getting to them beforehand.

2bcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't found anything unusual the new cats eat yet.  We haven't offered them tastes of much that I can think of though.  (I say new cats, but it's been over a year, heh.)

I can't even remember which one now, but one of our departed ones would eat bits of tortilla chip.  I usually got the blue corn ones I think so I think she would eat those.  I think that was Cricket, the white cat we had for her last few years and left us several years ago now.

Amber liked ice cream.  We'd eat a bowl of ice cream and then put the bowl down for her to clean up.  I'm guessing it was the fat and not the sweet she was after, as they aren't supposed to be able to taste sweet.

Frozen treats of any kind were good.  For a while there was a company making a frozen cat treat that used some kind of meat ingredients, and it suggested to let it thaw a bit first, but Amber loved it right out of the freezer.  Later we froze Cat-Sip milk in an ice cube tray and used those, more boring but she still like that as a treat.

Also snow in winter.  We'd grab a handful from outside and plunk it in a bowl, and Amber would eat at it a bit until it melted or she was tired of it.

And my favorite habit of hers that went back through so many years was licking the condensation off cans.  Not quite eating but was funny!  Sometimes a bottle worked, or a glass, but Amber understood the cold water was forming on the outside and would lick it.

Also when I used to get fast food french fries I would come home and Amber would lick all over my hand to get that salty taste I guess.

And she licked the heck out of plastic bags.  I have caught one of the new ones doing that and think I will try to actively avoid it.  With Amber I always just let it be, didn't encourage it exactly but thought it was funny.  I'm not sure it's good for them to lick the plastic.

I'll give these two a few more years and we'll see some funnier eating things I suspect.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  When Speedy goes out for an evening walk with me in the summer, she will dive for moths that flutter around the porch lights and tries to eat them after capturing them! 

cyndilaupurrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pasta of any kind, but her fave so far was tomato macaroni soup,

Did manage to get a video of her eating spagetti is pretty adorable..

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Sophie loves human food, her favorite is macaroni and meatballs. But she also likes pizza and any breads. Sophie will try any food we are eating. Of course we avoid heavy garlic foods or anything with chocolate. She comes running if she hears cereal boxes, not only does she lap up the milk but eats the cereal as well. :chescat:

mstgman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was eating a bowl of fruit & I left the bowl on my side table & I came back & it was half gone. Shadow my cat ate apples, pineapples, cherries, watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & bananas.

mstgman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was eating a bowl of fruit & I left the bowl on my side table & I came back & it was half gone. Shadow my cat ate apples, pineapples, cherries, watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & bananas.
I almost forgot he loves red licorice