And let the Vacation begin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yayi, I just want to say that I am sorry I havent been around!!! You are doing an excellent job and I wish I could be here more!!
Thanks for all the beautiful pics and info!!! I never thought of visiting Manilla before and now I hope I can one day!!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ash_bct

Yayi, I just want to say that I am sorry I havent been around!!! You are doing an excellent job and I wish I could be here more!!
Thanks for all the beautiful pics and info!!! I never thought of visiting Manilla before and now I hope I can one day!!!!
Me, three!!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It took longer to get back. It seems today, everybody needed to go to the supermarket. The lines at the counters were so long.

Okay, we're off to the province of Laguna, just south of Manila.

Hard to believe, but true. Just 5 kilometers south of Metro Manila's business center is a world of lush gardens and thermal springs.
Hidden Valley in Alaminos, Laguna is a 49-hectare rain forest cradled by a crater 300 feet deep.

Best of all, there is water everywhere. A waterfall blend sunlight into tiny rainbows. Natural thermal springs are caught in six pools. Two gurgle with soda water. One sequestered by foliage is aptly called Lover's Pool.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Afterwards we're off to Pagsanjan Falls.
Ride a dugout canoe upstream then jump on a bamboo raft that will take you underneath the fall and be able to experience the force falling from 75 feet.
The downstream trip is an exciting rapids ride steered by very skilled boatmen.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Enchanted Kingdom is located in Santa Rosa, Laguna. It's much like the parks in the US although not as large. But the rides are fun
and there's always the nightly fireworks and special concerts.
My favorite ride is this one Woooo!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emma's Friend

Good, we're still in The Phillippines! Yayi, you've been an excellent host. You've taken us to lots of interesting places. Thanks!
Awww, you're welcome

The country has so many, many, many other places. It was difficult to decide which ones to show you.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I agree completely, Fran! Sure wish we had markets just like that here!
That Mickey Mouse plant is so cute, Yayi! Can it be grown only in certain climates?
According to the market vendor, it grows in the cooler climates and higher altitudes of the mountains. I did not know they existed either. It's only a decorative plant. But it makes me wonder what animal feeds on it. Humans can't eat it.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ash_bct

You and Fran will always be welcomed here!
ALL of you are welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.