And let the Vacation begin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gordo wish his two mates were here. He's having fun but not as much fun as he would with Baker and Cedar.

Oh well more treats Gordo.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sasha - I'm sori wi got dragd owt of the disco bifor wi cud dans. Miowmi is sili - I can luk after maiself. Can wi dans nixt taim? - Pursil

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry but it's time to go! Everybody lets ride the TCS bus and move farther south.

We drive to Tagaytay City. It is located on a mountain ridge at 2,250 feet above sea level. This city is famous for it's right next to
Taal Volcano

"A crater within an island within a lake". Geologists say that the lake is the crater of a huge volcano that was active in prehistoric times. In one particularly violent eruption, the slopes of the volcano caved in and sank, and water rushed in to form the lake. The peak of the volcano became the island on the lake.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is again another active volcano.

It hasn't erupted but it's responsible for several mild earthquakes in the past.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, now it's time to travel by boat. Long distance travel is usually via ferry such as this one:

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning everyone!.

Oh i've never seen a real volcano before!, i've felt a couple of minore earthquakes when i was in Greece a couple of years ago

Ooooooh look Rosie where going on a boat!, Sophie hold onto my hand!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For short trips, it's the "banca". I don't believe there's a "banca" factory in any seaside city. These boats are usually built by the owner himself, a fisherman or a ferryman. When I was active in scuba diving, these "banqueros" were more reliable than a barometer or a compass. They could tell by just looking at the sea how the weather and the winds were going to be for the day.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning, Susan!
Yes, isn't that volcano amazing! Just look at our wonderful ferry Yayi has provided for our travel! Thank you, Yaya, for being such a fantastic hostess! We've had such a wonderful time with you!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning Susan!

Remember, when boarding any boat/ship in the Philippines, check there are enough life vests! You don't need to wear them during the trip, just make sure you can reach one in case of an emergency.!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before going to the beach, let's visit the island of Corregidor.
Corregidor is a small rocky island in the Philippines about 48 kilometers west of Manila which is stragetically located at the entrance of Manila Bay. This island fortress stands as a memorial for the courage, valor, and heroism of its Filipino and American defenders who bravely held their ground against the overwhelming number of invading Japanese forces during World War II.

Photos of Corregidor

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my sister visited Corregidor last year, her son found a fat cat in one of the old cannons. It was very friendly. I guess he was part of the welcoming committee.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can we all sit on deck? Kits, don't run around. Sit still Ellie. OK, where are we going now? This is so beautiful.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a resthouse near the beach area of Quezon Island of Hundred Islands. This is another popular tourist attraction in the province of Pangasinan. It's named because when you look to the horizon you see numerous unnamed islets. Maybe we should name one in commemoration of your visit to the PHilippines!

Status
Not open for further replies.