Analyzing Dreams

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had yet another dream (In the last few days I have been a dream machine). This dream is very simplistic, compared to those I have had before:

In this dream, I am the friend of a man who happens to be a lawyer... apparently I see him very worried and he confides in me that he's received a series of photos through fax (I don't know HOW on earth do such crisp pics come out a fax machine, but they do in the dream), revealing his 14 year old daughter in sexual relations with a 20 year old boyfriend. The boyfriend apparently was now ex boyfriend and was now telling the lawyer to give him money or ruin the girls reputation before it even started, by spreading them alongside the false claim she had demanded money for the sex. That he looks desperate about it all.

That then, I come up thinking, "Listen, HE is the one whom you can blackmail: Its a very unenforced law, but sex with a woman below 16 is in Puerto Rico statutory rape... you can blackmail him with destroy the pictures or you will try to get him in jail." (And this fact happens to be true: In Puerto Rico Statutory rape is very unenforced) That somehow he lights up as if he had never thought that and gets full of hope and starts saying that this is what I am going to do and thanking me for it all like if I had saved his life while I am thinking "isn't he supposed to know the forgotten legal technicalities of the Penal Code? After all, he's a lawyer."

almagarret

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dreamed I was the designer for a new salon. I decided to build it deep in the woods, a building made entirely out of glass. I was deciding whether the mirror for clients to look into would take up an entire wall or be broken into segments along the wall when I noticed there were 10 bears outside, growling and being viciouscly threatening. I was intensely fearful and kept dialing 911 but it wouldn't go through. I felt like I knew the bears would break through the glass at any moment, and then I saw a person outside with the bears who was hurt by them. That's when I woke up. FYI, I don't work in a salon and I'm not an architect or interior designer. I'm not scared of bears and have actually come pretty close to them (not on purpose) while hiking.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dreamed I was pregnant and had given birth to a beautiful baby girl. We have been TTC for three years so I am wondering if it was just wishful dreaming or what it means. I do know I am not pregnant.

Also I am curious what dreams of infidelity mean? For example I will have a dream that my husband has left me or is cheating on me and gets with the other woman and then I wake up feeling scared and angry. I don't think he would really do this in real life and I don't understand why I dream this. Or I dream I get with a person he knows even though I have no interest in this person at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody!!! I have printed your posts, and will analyze them and then post back. And no one is being pest, I enjoy doing this!! Keep this thread on watch because I will be updating today with responses!!!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Diane, Thanks for all your insight. I have a short and silly one for you.

My BF and I are in our bed. The apartment actually looks like ours. A teenage boy walks right in and says "my dad really needs your help." The kid turns out to be Tony's son. (In real life Tony is a guy I worked with over a year ago who I really don't think of often and does not have children.) The teenager leads us out to our living room where we look out the window and see Tony running and skipping through our backyard with about 10-15 feet worth of beer cans all strung together and hanging from his ear like an earring.

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Hi Diane, Thanks for all your insight. I have a short and silly one for you.

My BF and I are in our bed. The apartment actually looks like ours. A teenage boy walks right in and says "my dad really needs your help." The kid turns out to be Tony's son. (In real life Tony is a guy I worked with over a year ago who I really don't think of often and does not have children.) The teenager leads us out to our living room where we look out the window and see Tony running and skipping through our backyard with about 10-15 feet worth of beer cans all strung together and hanging from his ear like an earring.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Diane, I have one for you...

Its kinda jumbled as dreams tend to be. I remember that my bf and I, my daughter and her dad (we are friends in real life) are all staying at this marvelous wood cabin/hotel with many hallways. We get almost settled into our rooms when the owner/staff (a blond woman) comes to tell us that our rooms are not the right ones and we have to pack up all of our stuff and go down a completely different hallway, but into the same kind of room.

I remember being worried that the room wouldn't be as nice and irritated at the woman for not knowing this information sooner before we got settled in.

It was the middle of the night but as we were walking towards our new room, there was a common area where people were waking up and drinking coffee/reading the paper.

Then once we get settled in, I get a phone call from my daughter from her room telling me that her grandmother's cat has just had 4 persian kittens. I see their pictures and I want one but this woman is evil and we don't get along so I don't know how to ask her if I can see them...(ok, this part may just be from hanging around here so much and from my daughter phoning me last night from the cabin and telling me they saw two mice)..

Then all of a sudden, me and BF and this other girl (I don't know who the girl is really. I know we are acquaintances and get along, but I don't know her in real life) are dancing and having a great time at this elegant ballroom type party. THere is a DJ there and all of the other couples are synchronized in their dancing. IE, hundreds of people breaking into the tango all at once...Me and BF and this other girl are dancing together and we are trying to keep up with the other dancers but laughing ourselves silly in the process as we don't know the routine.. Then all of a sudden, me and BF do get some of the routine towards the end of the dance and he lifts me up in the air all graceful like. For a second, I am loving it, but am then mortified as I look down and we are both wearing our scrubby old at home clothes (gym shorts and t-shirts) and I yell "put me down, put me down! Look at what I am wearing!"...

Any ideas????

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay...for those of you who posted this stuff early yesterday morning, here are my responses:

Miss Mew: Marriage in dreams usually represents a union of qualities or opinions, sometimes both....who are you marrying? Your dream seems to represent the fact that maybe you arent ready to accept tose qualities in your life right now or the opinions. Sometimes, if the groom is unknown, it may mean that you need to factor in qualities of the opposite sex into your life. Are you engaged to be married? It can also represent some anxieties about the wedding.....
When you are pregnant in a dream, it generally symbolizes that you are about to give birth to something new in your life, something that needs lots of care and attention to reach its ful potential.

Katspixiedust: Anytime that you dream of a store, it usually represents your storehouse of ideas, attitudes and resourcefulness, and it is always at your disposal. Brendan's "kitten" either represent his sexuality or his playful, young self. I think in your dream, it means someone is trying to take away his playful young self. Bridges in dreams represent you making a transition in your life. Because you see a lot of people from high school, it means that you are making that transition from high school to where you are now...gaining more repsonsibilities in life, moving on with your life...etc...Fish in dreams symbolize something that you want to catch, keep and nurture or take in, it can also symbolize creative or spiritual ideas. Joy picks out a fish without asking you....is someone trying to force ideas upon you?? Think about all of these symbols in regards to your situation in life at the time of the dream...see what insight you get from it.....

Lil_Axl_Gurl: Anytime you dream of invisibility, it means that whatever is invisible in your dream, is missing, not acknowledged or utilized in your waking life...does your family know Ben? Do they not like him?

LilleKat: Pregnancy is dreams symbolize that you are about to give birth to something new in your life, something that needs lots of care and attention to reach its full potential. The mention of the circus seemed relevant to me...is there something going in your life that makes you feel like you are part of a "three-ring circus"? Maybe theres too much going on? It can symbolize that you need to recapture your childhood...look at life with the same awe that a child would look at a circus.

Me-n-my guys: You arent being a pest! I love doing this!! Bathrooms in dreams symbolize a need to cleanse oneself of negativity. The filthier the bathroom, the more negativity that is present in your waking life. It may be something negative taking place that you are part of, it may be something negative in your mind. The cleaner the bathroom the less negative your emotions...but still the need to cleanse yourself of them. If the toilet area is filthy or flooded, with the toilet bowl backed up or otherwise not functioning, difficulty “eliminating†emotions—a blockage—is indicated. Do you have a difficult time sharing your "private" emotions??

Victor: You have lots of dreams about the law or the government and they are all crooked....do you mistrust the government where you are from? This dream seems to prodominately involve sex. sex is a union of qualified opinions....pick three words to describe this dream and apply them to your life...is something going on in your life that represents blackmail?

Almagarret: Glass represent fragile, or easily hurt...or there is a situation that has become clear to you....Houses represent you and your state of mind...is your state of mind fragile? Bears in dreams represent emotional issues that may be sleeping that a dreamer does not want to disturb. Is there something going on that you dont want to deal with??

Charcoal: (The fact that you are trying to conceive can play a part in your dreams. TTC can occupy your every waking (and dreaming) thought. Good luck, and I hope it happens for you soon!!!) Anytime that you dream of being pregnant, it means that you are about to give birth to something that requires a lot of attention and care to reach its full potential. Birth in dreams, frequently, is a literal represenatation in aticipation of actual childbirth...however, it can also be a symbol of rebirth and a new beginning in one's own life. Infidelity in dreams can often reflect your own insecurities or fears of betrayal. Is your loved on doing too much of something that takes away from the relationship? Are you doing something that takes up too much time away from the relationship? Your subconcious mind may see it as an infidelity or an affair.

For those who posted after these, I will post again with responses.....

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for replying Diane!!

Your dream analysis is much appreciated!

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
diane8704 said:
[color=blue[font=Comic Sans MS]Me-n-my guys: You arent being a pest! I love doing this!! Bathrooms in dreams symbolize a need to cleanse oneself of negativity. The filthier the bathroom, the more negativity that is present in your waking life. It may be something negative taking place that you are part of, it may be something negative in your mind. The cleaner the bathroom the less negative your emotions...but still the need to cleanse yourself of them. If the toilet area is filthy or flooded, with the toilet bowl backed up or otherwise not functioning, difficulty “eliminating†emotions—a blockage—is indicated. Do you have a difficult time sharing your "private" emotions??
Diane, thank you for your response, I think you hit a nail on the head! I have these dreams alot-in fact, I had one last night. These dreams run in my family, & so does negativity, & holding things back. This is going to help me think about what's going on in my life at the time, & how my subconscious mind is reacting to it..

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Diane, this is a cool thread ... I would love to hear your interpretation of this dream I had just this very morning ...

There are two of my "soupkitchen" kitties (one confirmed passed the other believed passed) on my porch and I can see them from inside the door. As I open the door, a bird flies into my house. I catch it and gently put it back outside where it flies off. I look down at the two cats and see that Neo (the one presumed passed) has what appears to be a dead rat in his mouth. He drops it at my feet and I bend down to thank him. I notice the "rat" isn't dead, in fact, it turns over, stands up and reveals itself to be a small, gray kitten. I catch the kitten who isn't at all happy with being caught and is struggling in my grasp and then I wake up.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

~gf~

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LilleKat: Pregnancy is dreams symbolize that you are about to give birth to something new in your life, something that needs lots of care and attention to reach its full potential. The mention of the circus seemed relevant to me...is there something going in your life that makes you feel like you are part of a "three-ring circus"? Maybe theres too much going on? It can symbolize that you need to recapture your childhood...look at life with the same awe that a child would look at a circus.

Thanks Diane - maybe you could just add the bit about the cannon though please? That seemed relevant in my dream, as well as this particular purple suit.... so maybe the colour purple too.
I jsut want to know why I am shooting this poor child out of a cannon......
I mean, I know I find kids difficult, but not they're not bad enough to merit being blown to smithereens.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Hi Diane, this is a cool thread ... I would love to hear your interpretation of this dream I had just this very morning ...

There are two of my "soupkitchen" kitties (one confirmed passed the other believed passed) on my porch and I can see them from inside the door. As I open the door, a bird flies into my house. I catch it and gently put it back outside where it flies off. I look down at the two cats and see that Neo (the one presumed passed) has what appears to be a dead rat in his mouth. He drops it at my feet and I bend down to thank him. I notice the "rat" isn't dead, in fact, it turns over, stands up and reveals itself to be a small, gray kitten. I catch the kitten who isn't at all happy with being caught and is struggling in my grasp and then I wake up.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

~gf~
Birds in dreams are associated with freedom, hopes, dreams and plans for the future "taking flight." Cats in dreams often symbolizes your feminine, intuitive energy. Can also point to independence, fickleness, cleverness,
pride, aloofness, balance, cattiness or any other traits you might associate with a cat. Kittens in dreams can represent sexuality or your playful, young self. Are you trying to recapture your youth?? Take these symbols and there definitions and apply them to your situation at the time of this dream...does any of it parallell your life at the time?

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Thanks Diane - maybe you could just add the bit about the cannon though please? That seemed relevant in my dream, as well as this particular purple suit.... so maybe the colour purple too.
I jsut want to know why I am shooting this poor child out of a cannon......
I mean, I know I find kids difficult, but not they're not bad enough to merit being blown to smithereens.
Purple in dreams represents the color of roylaty and dignity, personal transformation. Cannon's in dreams can either point to the male sexual organ, or aggressiveness of destructive desires. The child in your dream represents your youth.....

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I dreamt that my mom got this really neat light up doll in the mail. And when she went to go turn it on it sparked and broke and caught her hair on fire. So my sister and I were freaking out screaming "Mom your hair is on fire!!!" And my mom was like "I know I'll take care of it later!!" and just kept trying to figure out what happened to the light up doll and was trying to fix it..

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by diane8704

Katspixiedust: Anytime that you dream of a store, it usually represents your storehouse of ideas, attitudes and resourcefulness, and it is always at your disposal. Brendan's "kitten" either represent his sexuality or his playful, young self. I think in your dream, it means someone is trying to take away his playful young self. Bridges in dreams represent you making a transition in your life. Because you see a lot of people from high school, it means that you are making that transition from high school to where you are now...gaining more repsonsibilities in life, moving on with your life...etc...Fish in dreams symbolize something that you want to catch, keep and nurture or take in, it can also symbolize creative or spiritual ideas. Joy picks out a fish without asking you....is someone trying to force ideas upon you?? Think about all of these symbols in regards to your situation in life at the time of the dream...see what insight you get from it.....
Thanks Diane! That really makes sense as far as how I've been feeling lately and what I've been going through. You're so helpful!