Analyzing Dreams

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got married this past June 4th, and continually have dreams of my ex's. None of them are particularly sexual or intimate, but mostly of my meeting them again after a long period of time and hugging them, and hearing what they've been up to. A couple of them have been that I'm actually married to that particular person, instead of my husband, and it's a bit disturbing, to the point that I wake up and hug the heck outta my husband. He doesn't mind my having these dreams, because he knows I love only him, and don't have feelings for these guys (in fact, I'm not even in contact with them anymore) or even think about them anymore, except for the dreams.

It's just disturbing, and at first made me worry a bit. It kinda jolts my day to wake up in the morning after dreams like that.

Any ideas? Could it just be that these particular guys (it's only about three of them that I have dreams about) are people I still care about and hope are having nice lives now? I do hope that each of them are as happy as I am. And in response to the dreams, I tend to wonder how they're doing, and hope that they're doing well.

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Diane,

I was wondering if you could shed some light onto a series of 3 similar dreams that I've had during the last two weeks and that left me totally confused.

The first one starts with me being in some sort of a lounge, sitting in a comfortable armchair, but as I can see a train platform on my right, I think to myself, Aha, I must be at a station.
I'm trying to buy something but as a person approaches me, the scene changes and suddenly I'm in front of my home town's theatre, walking across the parking lot where for some odd reason a market is taking place.
A girl I knew in senior high comes up to me [she used to be a prude, conservative and rather plain girl, but for some strange reason I had a crush on her at the time, though I was greatly repelled when she recently told me that she found 'gay' people "disgusting", so I didn't even try to make a pass at her anymore since].
She talks to me and tries to make me stay, but I feel I need to leave. She even lifts her shirt and flashes me, but to no avail, the scenery changes again and I'm in my parents' living room, lights are low, my mum does some embroidering [which she's never done in real life], my dad reads a huge paper and I'm sneaking through some erotic books, trying to get a look at the pictures and when I try to take and read one, my parents look at me and I know, it's illegal to read or possess those books, so I run outside.
I find myself at a station though the rails are gone and there's a street going through instead.
I stuff the book down my trousers and as I see some people coming up to me, I know they're after me and they'll put me in jail or kill me.
I start running, across the place, over the street and as I enter a building, I just dash downstairs.
The staircase is sort of spiralling, in the basement there's a public restroom, but though people look at me, I know *they're* no harm, the bad guys are after me and so I keep running, down and down, for ages, it seems and just as I'm realizing that this is a dead end, I wake up.

The second dream I had the afternoon after that morning, a few hours later, but all I remember is that again I was being chased by somebody, running for my life and didn't find an exit.

A few days later I had a third dream which I don't remember as clearly as the first one, but I know I was running across town, hiding in dark corners, chased by unknown people, fearing for my life and that time I also was immensely glad when I woke up!

Since I normally don't have such a row of similar dreams and only very rarely running dreams, I'm utterly confused.
Right now I'm going through a period of change, had some hard times with my bf and feel torn between staying or leaving, taking up a new job or staying at uni, telling my folks about it etc. and I have a funny feeling that those dreams tell me something about this transition, but I don't know what.
Can you have a look at this?
Thanks a bunch

Mary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minerva

Hi Diane,

I was wondering if you could shed some light onto a series of 3 similar dreams that I've had during the last two weeks and that left me totally confused.

The first one starts with me being in some sort of a lounge, sitting in a comfortable armchair, but as I can see a train platform on my right, I think to myself, Aha, I must be at a station.
I'm trying to buy something but as a person approaches me, the scene changes and suddenly I'm in front of my home town's theatre, walking across the parking lot where for some odd reason a market is taking place.
A girl I knew in senior high comes up to me [she used to be a prude, conservative and rather plain girl, but for some strange reason I had a crush on her at the time, though I was greatly repelled when she recently told me that she found 'gay' people "disgusting", so I didn't even try to make a pass at her anymore since].
She talks to me and tries to make me stay, but I feel I need to leave. She even lifts her shirt and flashes me, but to no avail, the scenery changes again and I'm in my parents' living room, lights are low, my mum does some embroidering [which she's never done in real life], my dad reads a huge paper and I'm sneaking through some erotic books, trying to get a look at the pictures and when I try to take and read one, my parents look at me and I know, it's illegal to read or possess those books, so I run outside.
I find myself at a station though the rails are gone and there's a street going through instead.
I stuff the book down my trousers and as I see some people coming up to me, I know they're after me and they'll put me in jail or kill me.
I start running, across the place, over the street and as I enter a building, I just dash downstairs.
The staircase is sort of spiralling, in the basement there's a public restroom, but though people look at me, I know *they're* no harm, the bad guys are after me and so I keep running, down and down, for ages, it seems and just as I'm realizing that this is a dead end, I wake up.

The second dream I had the afternoon after that morning, a few hours later, but all I remember is that again I was being chased by somebody, running for my life and didn't find an exit.

A few days later I had a third dream which I don't remember as clearly as the first one, but I know I was running across town, hiding in dark corners, chased by unknown people, fearing for my life and that time I also was immensely glad when I woke up!

Since I normally don't have such a row of similar dreams and only very rarely running dreams, I'm utterly confused.
Right now I'm going through a period of change, had some hard times with my bf and feel torn between staying or leaving, taking up a new job or staying at uni, telling my folks about it etc. and I have a funny feeling that those dreams tell me something about this transition, but I don't know what.
Can you have a look at this?
Thanks a bunch

Mary
Hi, Mary! I have printed out your dream and will start to analyze it as soon as I can. I will get back to you once I am finished.
You're welcome, I hope I can help!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dream a lot, and vividly... sometimes lucidly. I've had a few dreams that I believe were actually "visions" or messages of some sort. But there is a common theme that runs through the vast majority of my dreams, and I wonder what you think about it:

I'm either on a campus or in a large building of some kind, trying to get to some particular place, and trying to hurry. Sometimes I get lost among countless stairways and corridors... sometimes I'm afraid I'll be caught and stopped by some authority, because I'm somehow not legitimate here... sometimes the doors and halls I need to get through are tiny, and I fear that I won't be able to squeeze through, or that I won't be able to get back through if I have to backtrack... sometimes there's an impending event that I have to either get TO or get away FROM in a hurry... always, I'm anxious and agitated.

I have a feeling that these dreams are trying to tell me something... but what?

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool thread, thanks!
My continuous dreams include going to school late and not being able to find my class or remember my locker combination, or I forgot my books. (I graduated 12 years ago, come on already!) I also have a dream that I'm sleeping in a public place, like on a counter at the store, and also I dream.....this is really weird and a little gross.....that I'm naked in the middle of a crowded room, most of the time on a toilet......Those are the dreams I have all the time. I'll probably dream one of them tonight since I'm talking about it!

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought those strange dreams were over...well, here it goes:

In the first dream I was in my parents' kitchen and my brother wanted to have sex or help himself, I'm not sure anymore, anyway he insisted my dad should watch him/us

Next thing millions of tiny white caterpillars were crawling through the kitchen and my bf picked them up by the handful and put them in the pan, saying "Those will make great fried noodles!" and though eventually it really looked like fried noodles, I refused to eat that cause I knew what it was!
Then my mum came along with a stash of reports from my current account (you know those where they tell you how much money you have at present) and started scolding me, saying "You bad girl, it says 1000 on your reports!"
to which I answer:"But mom, look, it's *plus* 1000!, that's good!"
She then shows me the date and the account reports are from 6 months into the future which confuses me, how can she have them already? She tells me that this is all her account and her money and that I shouldn't look at it, she could do with it what she wanted which had me raging cause all the time I know it's MY money and I tell her to leave it to me!
I woke up feeling terribly furious....

Then the same night a little earlier I had an even more bizarre dream:

I was on a little clearing in the woods, in front of me were a few houses and in the distance you could see a town. Behind me is a forest and behind that I know is my school where I'm supposed to be going. But instead I go into the forest and find some kind of gaming/gambling palace where it looks just like in Vegas. A weird guy is around me and though I don't like him, he sticks around to me. Instead of a slot machine there's a king size bed (or rather just a mattress) and I tell the guy to come over and we start making out on that bed. I then walk through the forest and somehow I know (from former dreams) that the region represents either my home town or myself. AS I'm walking through the woods, my mom comes up to me and starts telling me off, yelling and screaming about what a **** I am, such an indecent girl and how she'd throw me out and really goes into a rage at that point.
I woke up feeling terribly guilty, but I don't know why.

I've never had such weird dreams in such a short time and it's confusing me all the more

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Next thing millions of tiny white caterpillars were crawling through the kitchen and my bf picked them up by the handful and put them in the pan, saying "Those will make great fried noodles!" and though eventually it really looked like fried noodles, I refused to eat that cause I knew what it was!
Lol, were you watching "Lost Boys" recently?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep having this reccurring dream where I'm back in high school and I've forgotten to do my German homework. It's really odd because I loved German, and I never failed to hand in homework on time for that subject. Everything after that changes frequesntly, but it's always the German homework in particular and I can distinctly recall ALWAYS feeling anxious. Sometimes it bothers me to a point where I'm still feeling anxious when I wake up.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a dream lastnight, where it started snowing and I looked outside. I was then at a small patch of ice where we slid around, then I know (I don't remember it very well) that the Nutcracker ballet was somehow involved. I went somewhere, not sure where, then came back and there was grass. There had been snow on the ground before, and it kept snowing, but now just the grass was showing, with maybe some snow around it but I concentrated on the grass. I was so disappointed because the snow was gone, and I was asking everybody like my sister how that is possible. She said it was normal and not to worry about it, and I was confused and frustrated.

So I was wondering......Does this mean anything??

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No, I didn't
Why? Was there a similar scene recently?
There's a scene in it where rice turns into maggots and noodles turn into worms....your post reminded me of it! I thought maybe you had seen it recently and then dreamed about it.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm... I think I'm the only person I know who has dreams structured the way they are. All of my dreams start in the same place, in my Aunt/Uncle's house. But it's different. It feels huge and has many more rooms and corridors, and I have a feeling that some corridors are hidden and show themselves only on certain times/days or after certain actions. Maybe just the main living room and the back living room are my uncle's house, other parts of the house I recognize as my parent's house, or other places I've lived, or even places I've never been in. It's a very confusing place, however the layout never changes, I can draw even draw the layout because I've become so familiar with it.

The most interesting part is, depending on which corridor/door I take, it'll take me to a completely new place, but the corridor I go down and the place it's connected to is ALWAYS the same (i.e. second door down the main hallway leads to the exploding marble atrium with pillars and huge double doors which leads to a bay/cove area near a sandy beach, and there's a water dragon that lives near by, or if I go upstairs take a left and go out onto the balcony it'll take me onto Tribeca bridge near my old highschool in NYC).

Depending on the circumstances, I can return from a "dream" back to the house, hang out around the house (interesting things always happening when I look outside from the living room windows), and I can choose to go on to another "dream"

Where I go seems to be pretty random, since I feel lost half the time while in the house (I get lost pretty often in general too), but once I start going down a certain corridor or through a certain door, I have an idea about what's ahead and what to expect (though unexpected things always happen even though the setting will be familiar).

Sometimes I'll get "stuck" in a dreamworld for days, until I can find my way back to the house.

My age and gender change all the time. One dream I can be an old grizzled nomad, and the next I can be a 4 year old girl lost in a crowd holding a baloon. Death is also a common thing. I die ALL the time (drown, get shot, get torn apart by black things with claws and teeth, get run over, fall off of high places, you name it), but I'll just wake up on a bed somewhere in the house ready for another dream. I think the most vivid deaths happen when I drown, or get injected with a fatal drug, I can feel my heart thumping slower and slower and stop. When things are killing me it's more of a feeling of time slowing down, pain and sound feeling muffled and fading and a feeling of not caring anymore.

I think maybe a 10% of my dreams are lucid, but that comes and goes. Sometimes it'll be every night for a month, other times it'll be like once a year. But once it happens I gain the ability of flight, or floating, or jumping really high. As if I didn't weigh anything. I know I can't fly, or have much control of the direction or height I go, just feels like I'm really light and can jump high and sort of glide around, sorta like how a plastic bag can get caught in the wind and get REALLY high up in the sky.

I also can access the interesting tools I have (or that's when I remember I have them). I have a strange pistol that I keep in the small of my back (looks like it's completely gas operated with cylinders and puffs of gas when I fire), and a sword that some how fits under my coat (I just reach in and whip it out, it's got a black long and slender curved blade). For some reason, it's always been these two objects for as long as I can remember, and everytime I have access to them, they're always the same as I remember, however I can never have access to both, just one or the other. I call them tools because as weapons they're pretty useless, most of the time I'm firing the gun without even aiming and it doesn't do much, and the sword doesn't feel like it has an edge though the tip is sharp. Alot of the time the sword is a key, or someone will recognize it and grant me access to something or help me because I have it.

I think 20% of my dreams have some rated R content, but it doesn't "feel" like it. Hard to explain. Usually blood or sickness involved, or it's a sad dream.

One of the most bizzarre dreams is there's a dark room in the house with a large TV (almost fills the wall). If I go into there, a strange narrative dream will start, and it's almost like watching a documentary, and man, it'll be just insanely wierd stuff (I "watched" one about these people called "urchins" that lived in the sea and looked like just balls of hair because their hair grew long around them and covered them and protected them).

I record particularly strong dreams, or dreams that recur often (though sometimes I get lazy and forget to do it).

Sorry for the huge post... just find my dreams interesting and I tend to ramble haha.

imnotlucy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Diane,

I came across your thread when searching the internet for an interpretation of dreams. Just wondering if you could please analyze mine? This may seem strange, but I prayed to God last night right before going to sleep and asked for an answer on what type of job I should have or what type of work I should be doing. I ended up dreaming that it was nice weather and I was in a large patio/office with several people I knew (one person was my naturopath) and several people I didn't know. Some things happened in this dream that I don't remember. There was something about my naturopath needing to travel, but was afraid to because she was hiding from someone she didn't want to talk to.

The phone rang and the phone systems were all somehow connected. I thought I was supposed to answer it, so I did. Then, we discovered it was for another lady in the patio/office and that the call had actually come in on her line. Her phone was in another area and had actually rung very quietly on her phone, but it seemed loud on my phone. Apparently, she was supposed to have answered her line and dealt with the call. It had something to do with ReMax real estate. I have never worked in real estate and have never considered that profession. It is not my cup of tea. She got on the phone and helped the person who called. Basically, after that phone call, I woke up very confused.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by imnotlucy

Hi Diane,

I came across your thread when searching the internet for an interpretation of dreams. Just wondering if you could please analyze mine? This may seem strange, but I prayed to God last night right before going to sleep and asked for an answer on what type of job I should have or what type of work I should be doing. I ended up dreaming that it was nice weather and I was in a large patio/office with several people I knew (one person was my naturopath) and several people I didn't know. Some things happened in this dream that I don't remember. There was something about my naturopath needing to travel, but was afraid to because she was hiding from someone she didn't want to talk to.

The phone rang and the phone systems were all somehow connected. I thought I was supposed to answer it, so I did. Then, we discovered it was for another lady in the patio/office and that the call had actually come in on her line. Her phone was in another area and had actually rung very quietly on her phone, but it seemed loud on my phone. Apparently, she was supposed to have answered her line and dealt with the call. It had something to do with ReMax real estate. I have never worked in real estate and have never considered that profession. It is not my cup of tea. She got on the phone and helped the person who called. Basically, after that phone call, I woke up very confused.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi Imnotlucy,

Wow! It has been almost 2 years since I signed on here! I just got this email about this thread...and realized that I can't leave people hanging with crazy dreams!
From what I am gathering, the phone is a really big deal in your dream.To see or hear a telephone in your dream, signifies a message from your unconscious or some sort of telepathic communication. You may be forced to confront issues which you have tried to avoid. Alternatively, the telephone represents your communication and relationship with others. The office/patio seems to be the other significant aspect of the dream. To dream of your work office, indicates that you cannot seem to leave your work at the office. You may be overworked or have too much on your mind. Alternatively, it symbolizes your status, accomplishments and your place in the world. To dream that you are in the patio, suggests your openness toward a particular situation. To dream that the doors to the patio are opened, represents your receptive state of mind. If they are closed, then it indicates that you are not being opened to a situation. Patio doors also represent the merging of your mental and spiritual state.

I hope that by my defining some of the aspect of the dream that you can get a clearer understanding to what exactly is going on in your waking life. It definitely has something to do with your need to find the right job for you. I think that perhaps you need to open the lines of communication somewhere to find exactly what you are looking for....