American Idol - ***Spoilers inside***

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

In the great tradition of AI, the final song sucked big time!
You know, there are thousands of struggling songwriters in the world who could write a beautiful final song. Did they hire one of them? No. They had Dio Guardi pen that piece of garbage!
I really hope they get rid of her next year. She adds nothing, and has grown increasingly annoying over the weeks.

Can't stand her. She talks wayyyyyyyy too much too, that's what takes up all the time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Kara hasn't really been bothering me. Randy has been grating on my nerves more with the "Yo dawg, yo. Check it out, for me, for you.... " etc.

That winner's song is horrible. I can only hope the studio version sounds miles above what we heard last night.

At this point it's anyone's game. I wouldn't be upset with either of them winning.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I loved Simon's comment about the last song...
mountains and hurricanes?

Go Adam

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you and Clixpix, I cannot stand Kara either but from what I've read she will be back next year. She does nothing for the show, she just likes to hear herself talk. I have new respect for Paula now who I never liked either but she's better than this new chick.

If Adam doesn't win there is something seriously wrong with the voters or their ears. Kris just puts me to sleep and maybe some folks like that but I just love the vitality and energy and voice of Adam altho if I had my druthers I would have loved to see Danny go all the way. We shall see tonight. By the way I was happy about the Dancing with the Stars winner last night. I didn't care if it was Melissa or Shawn as long as Cheryl Burke didn't win. I did like Gilles but never liked Cheryl, she is what others have called her but can't mention it here.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually preferred Chris's performances last night to Adam's. I have been a big fan of Adam's all session but Chris has really grown on me in the last few weeks. I definitely think the last song fit Chris's voice better than Adam's, but we'll see. I think both of them will be successful!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bikini Girl got a boob job!

ETA: What in the world was Cyndi Lauper doing at the end of Time After Time?

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kris wins???? America you got it wrong, oh so wrong. The kid didn't even know what to do or say, he said Adam should've won it, what a foolish boy he is. No way should he have won, no way at all.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I quite honestly thought that Adam was going to win though.
I agree. I think they are both very talented, but honestly Kris has come into his own in the past few weeks and has really impressed me. I love Adam, but every song he sings has to have a screaming part (and his screaming is VERY good) but I do think Kris is more able to sing more types of songs than Adam. But, NOBODY can hit those high notes like Adam can! I was torn, but was pulling for Kris tonight. Believe me, people are probably trying to contact Adam now giving offers for deals so we definitely haven't seen the last of him (I hope!)

And, how COOL was it that he got to sing with KISS!!!!!! DH and I were sitting there going "Holy S*@T, It's KISS!"!!! I do think this was the best finale they ever had...KISS AND Queen?? Wow....not to mention everyone else. I'm basically speechless. Definitely 2 enjoyable hours.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMO, America chose yet another AI winner who will go no where with commercial success. But we'll see. I do see Adam going further, and maybe not winning actually puts him in a better position as far as his career goes. He won't have the same contractual obligations as the American Idol winner. I don't think Chris Daughtry would have been able to make his album had he won.

I didn't watch many of the shows. All of them that I did watch, Adam blew away just about everyone and Kris was entirely forgettable. I don't know if Kris got the Gokey vote, the Christian vote, or the Sympathy vote (since the judges were all but handing the competition to Adam from the beginning), but I do have to wonder how many of those votes were actually for Kris, and how many would actually buy his album.

As for next year, at least Paula and Simon's contracts are up, and rumors are rampant that Simon is done with AI. Don't blame him, honestly. If he wanted to make the winners into stars, that ship sailed years ago with Carrie being the last bonafide winner who became a star. The other big names, Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry were voted out by the public much too early for the amount of talent and success they have had. Heck, even Kelly Pickler and Bucky Covington have made it bigger than most of the winners! Besides, the crowd "boos" and all that rot are just annoying. If Simon's gone, the show is done. Those other three judges couldn't carry a show if their lives depended on it.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Adam should have won too, but i do understand the votes for Kris. One big thing is the amount of support someone can get when they come from a small state, and an even smaller town. the entire state gets behind them. Remember you can vote multiple times. And i think that's why he won. Id' be surprised if anyone really noticed in San Diego, let alone LA and the rest of the state. But you can bet every single person in Arkansas knows Kris.

I also don't believe for a second that Simon will leave. after 9 seasons they just pulled a world's record 100 million votes and it's the biggest show on TV. he's not going anywhere. the one I wish would leave is that self righteous kara or whatever her name was. i loved how jealous she got about that bubble head bikini chick.

Also of note. two things really helped Kris. His parents were there and EXTREMELY emotional. his dad cried every time they showed him it seemed like. And Adam is gay. it gave the entire bible belt to Kris.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I wish Danny would have made it in the finals but I'm glad Adam didn't win.

I think there are many people who watched the show that were not comfortable with if non traditional appearance. I couldn't never slot him into a certain genre of music which I think is important for creating a buyable album. Plus the screaming he did was always torture to endure. Granted he does have alot of talent.

Kris I don't think he will do as well as David Cook did last year. I guess we will have to wait to see what the album he will put out will sound like. One thing he has going for him is that he can play the piano and guitar which could make him more versatile.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I wish Danny would have made it in the finals but I'm glad Adam didn't win.
Ditto. I rarely watched the show this year; I thought this whole lot was remarkably un-talented. I did take a liking to Danny from the start and was sorry to see him go. I read an article a couple of days ago stating that Danny's fans would probably be voting for the next best thing, in this case, Kris.
I'm just glad Adams didn't win; he always came off (to me, at least) as having a cocky attitude and a sense of entitlement. I wish I'd seen the show last night when the final announcement was made, but I was engrossed in 'Criminal Minds'.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm the only one who likes the "screaming". Carry over from my heavy metal days!

I having nothing against Kris really, he's a decent singer but he is just SO boring. I would never buy the kind of music that will likely be on his album. (Ok, so my metal days never ended
).

However, there is no way that Adam won't have something going on soon and I will buy his music. Thankfully he's not stuck singing Kara's song now!

p.s. I thought Adam with KISS was AWESOME!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow, what a finale! I almost watched the whole thing!
I was very surprised that Kris won over Adam, but I can't say that I'm disappointed. Kris is a very good singer and hopefully his career will be able to continue, i see him as a James Taylor kind of artist

After my initial reaction of "what??!!" my next thought was along the lines of what Heidi said, since Adam is not the winner, he can make whatever kind of album he wants instead of the sticky sweet Idol crap, and you had better believe he will be making an album

I really liked Adam's performance with KISS and I'm not a real heavy metal fan
although I will admit that with Queen, I just wanted Kris to shut up, not that he was doing bad, just that Adam is perfect for them, I almost got a little choked up
maybe I'm PMSing

That whole bikini girl segment I was laughing hysterically, from Ryan's "I'd ask you what's new" to Kara ripping her dress open