American Idol night!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was sad to see Josh go tonight, but yet I knew that it was his time. Rueben and Clay are so strong...I think it's going to be a close one! I do like Kimberly, but I just don't think she's got what it takes to be the one. I'm really torn between Rueben and Clay...I enjoy them both so much!

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am pulling for Reuben, he is from my home state! But thats not really why, I think he has a great voice, and I do like Clay too, his voice is really good too, seems like he should be on broadway or something.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the weakest singer was voted out last night. I think it will end up between Ruben and Clay, and I personally think that Clay has the strong vocal talent. The next few weeks should get interesting!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I entirely agree with Simon. Maybe we should vote off Ryan and keep all of the competitors!

Tonight each Idol performed three songs-one at random, one chosen by the judges and one they chose. It was a real grab-bag, but only three performances stood out for me.

I really liked Ruben's performance of "Smile" (chosen by the judges). It may not have been vocally polished, but it was the first time I felt like he had actually emotionally connected with a song. I also liked Clay's "Mack the Knife". He was extremely entertaining and was by no means a lounge singer. Finally, I liked Clay's "Unchained Melody". I thought the arrangement was too fast and too rushed-the song is almost a hymn to love, and should be much slower. But, when he hit the high notes, my hair stood on end.

This last vote will be really hard, since all three are really good singers. Kim is great and has a great voice, but there are a lot of female solo singers out there, including Kelly Clarkson. She may get lost in the crowd. I think the guys stand out more, because there are so few male solo artists (besides rap and R&B). Ruben is great, he's talented but he sounds too much like Barry White and other R&B stars. I vote for Clay-he's talented, entertaining and has a fresh voice. But, then again, I could be very wrong

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE clay the most. Ruban's voice was awesome at first but I am kinda bored with him. Kim is good but I think there are alot of girl singers out there that are just as good and better. So Clay is number 1 with me. I love his voice and I never get tried of hearing him sing

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for Clay this week.

He was awesome and his arrangements sound so original.

Ginger

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hate to say it (in this company anyway
) but of the three I thought Clay had the weakest overall night. Kim sounded great. Ruben was classic, and him singing "If Ever You're In My Arms Again" gave me chills. This is a tough week. I really like Simon's idea! LOL

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, lemme see here.

Kim was good. I wasn't blown away by her or anything, but she was good. I see her improvement, and I think she has an amazing voice, I just don't know if she won if I would buy her album, ya know? I mean if her song came on the radio I wouldn't turn it off, but I don't know if I would invest. I didn't like the song the judges picked for her. It was too soft or something. I dunno.

Reuben was very good. I personally didn't like his rendition of Smile, but that is just me. His other two songs were very good though. I like that he looks like he is having fun up there. He is a pretty amazing singer, and I think he will have a fantastic career. And I would be more likely to buy his album than that of Kim.

Clay was also very good. I admit, his rendition of Vincent sucked. It was bad. I felt awful for him that he picked that song. It is a tough song to sing, it feels like it is missing something, like a chorus or something. So, I agreed with the judges, it wasn't good, but I kept in mind he wouldn't have chosen it for himself. Then he came back on and blew me away. His last two songs were fantastic, though I am with Randy on the dislike of that particular arangement of Unchained Melody. I would certainly buy Clay's album, but that should come as no surprise to those that read this thread

In the end I think we have three great people to choose from, but my heart and ears are still with Clay.

Until tonight.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that tonight people would be voting favourites and Clay and Ruben will stay. Last night I thought that Ruben was flat in every song and I heard his voice crack a few times. Kim was good, but not spectacular. Clay's 1st song wasn't great, but he did amazing on the last 2. Normally dislike the Unchained Melody, but he did a good version. Looking forward to tonight show!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday - it was all American Idol. I taped it and watched it when I got home last night. It was really good.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other then Paula has a boyfriend and according to Simon, because she is getting sex regularly they are getting along better. Randy is married to a former ballerina and has 3 kids. They also had Kelly Clarkson on. The final 3 were very well spoken, especially Clay. He spoke about the fact that he plans to use his "celebrity" to give back to community.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked Reuben from the beginning but I will be very upset if Clay doesn't win now. He is so unique and has "star" qualities.

Is tonight and hour long show? Did I hear that right?

Ginger

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really really love clay. I get bored listening to ruban! I think kim is really good. I kinda think ruban is going to go home tonight. I kept trying to vote for clay last night but the line was always busy! I only got three votes in!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We'll see, but I think the final will come down to Ruben and Clay. Kim did really well, but I think it will come down to pre-determined favorites. Clay seems so "Broadway" to me. I don't know. Ever since Simon said that it really seems to fit in my mind.

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone think the show will be "fixed" so that the last two are Kim and one of the guys, instead of two guys? I don't know that I think that, but it has crossed my mind.

Also Josh was interviewed on some news show (I can't think of which one) and they asked him who he thought should win - and he said something like 'I think Clay SHOULD win, but I think Reuben WILL win because they are hyping him to no end and THEY WANT him to win'. So he seems to think the producers want Reuben to win
and I really wouldn't be surprised if the show is fixed in any way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am just trying to figure out how come it is going to take 3 days for them to determine the winner- talk about dragging it all out to get ratings!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Josh said that on Entertainment tonight a few days ago. I think tonight's show is starting at 8:30 therefore it should be 1/2 an hour.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I really hope that it is not fixed. That would take all the fun out of the show and voting and all.

The Monday show is a show highlighting the final 2. Whoever they will be

Then Tuesday night they will sing and Wednesday night they will announce the winner.

Ginger

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tonights show is 8:30-9:30, at least according to TvGuide. IN case anyone (like me) tapes it to watch later.

Dawson's Creek is ending tonight, so I have to watch the final episode.

I admit it, I am addicted to TV.