American Idol night!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My theory is that everyone assumed Ruben was safe, and that people voted for who they wanted to stay, not who they thought should win. That isn't how the voting is supposed to be, but at least Ruben is staying. I bet his "peeps" will be dialing next week!!!

Josh knew he should have gone, I think he's done excellent to stay this long doing country on a pop show. I like him, and he will have a great country career.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was astounded and the only thing I could figure is one of two things happened. 1) Josh got the patriotic vote 2) He got the sympathy vote just to prove Simon wrong. There is a big love-hate relationship with the country and Simon. But I personally think Simon is great and tells it like it is.

But Reuben as the bottom two? Man that is totally wrong!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE simon and normally agree with him. Every once in awhile I think he is crazy
but for the most part he seems right!

At this point a really want clay to win. He proved this week that he can do pop. I think he is such a sweetie and a cutie.

My hubby said he heard on tv that clay prefers men. I thought there was a rumor going around that said he was dating carmen. Poor guy, people need to leave him along! Who cares what he is doing in his personal life, he is awesome!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AMERICA - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Ruben in the bottom 2? I think Josh has everyone in the military voting for him as he is a fellow military person. They should be voting based on talents! Urgh!

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Most of you have already said it.

Rueben shouldn't have been in the bottom. Josh should have been there and possibly gone home, though I can't say I am unhappy that Trenyce isn't there anymore.

I think you guys hit the nail on the head. I think everyone thought Reuben was safe and voted for others and that landed him in the bottom two. I thought for a second we were going to have another Tamyra Grey on our hands and Reuben was going to be going home. That is the first results show that I actually had some anxiety.

Josh might be our Nicki McKibben. That scares me. He has a good voice, but I don't think he stands against the others. I dunno, that is just my opinion.

I wondered about Clay and the girl boy issue, but truthfully, I don't give a flying flip, that boy can SANG!
He makes me feel all melty when he sings, love 'im.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand to wait a WHOLE WEEK for the next show!!! I want American Idol to be on every night

Ginger

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked Justin's new song. I am thinking of buying the cd when it comes out. The song had a "soul"/r&b feel to it.

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tonight is the night, just two more weeks (after tonight) left!

I heard that tonight's theme was The Bee Gee's, and that they are flying in one of the Brothers Gibb. I heard this early last week, so I have no idea how true it is at this point. Guess we'll see.

Don't forget to vote everyone!!

Go Clay!!

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think that Clay is going to be the American Idol! He is so good! Reuban didn't deserve to be in the bottom 2 last week! I think Josh will go into the bottom 2! Josh would make an awesome country singer, he reminds me of Garth Brooks!

I wish I could vote, but I live in Canada and were not allowed!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, if the theme is Bee-Gees, Josh has no chance. This would be the kiss of death for him. You just can't make the Bee-Gees country no matter how hard you try. Honestly, of the 4 left Clay is the only one I think could really pull it off.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all pretty much agree that Josh is not gonna win, but who will be in the bottom two with him???
Kimberly maybe, but she is doing so good lately?
Reuben, since he was last week?
Clay, naaa he's too good?

Hmmm...wonder who it will be.

Ginger

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point they will be doing at least 2 songs each. I hope that people ths week vote according to talent and not all of the military voting for Josh because he is one of them! From what I understand it will be Robin Gibb as guest host tonight. Have they done 70's music yet? If not that will probably be the theme for the 1st song.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, tonight Robin Gibb was the guest host and the theme was Bee Gee's songs.

I may sound a little sacreligious here, but I have to admit I'm getting a bit bored with the competition. The judges all commented on how the singers are "bringing it", but I really didn't hear anything much different from what I've heard before.

One comment...I actually loved Clay's rendition of "Grease". So what if it wasn't the most vocally accomplished songs of the night? These contestants are supposed to be entertainers, but recently I haven't been very entertained (although the singing has been great). But Clay seemed to enjoy what he was doing, and it really showed. He seemed to be having more fun than anyone has shown so far.

I really have no idea who will be in the bottom two. For me, all of the performances were the same-good but not memorable, except for Clay on "Grease".

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate to say it but if it were based solely on performances tonight, Kimberley would have to go IMO. I thought she sounded horrible. I thought Josh did really well, he actually did "bring it"! Ruben was stellar as always. Clay's first song was awesome, but Grease was....well (please don't throw things at me) I thought it was something from an amusement park show. Just didn't do it for me.

Christy, I agree that parts are getting boring. Like the judges comments. I'm sorry, but I heard Kimberley miss a note or two, Josh wasn't hitting the lows in his first song, and what I said about Clay's rendition of Grease. Just telling them how great they are is getting old to me. Even Simon is going soft.

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, quicky review.

I thought Clay rocked. I loved both songs.

Reuben was spot on.

Josh was suprising.

Kimberly was a disappointment to me. I thought she missed the mark.

I guess we'll see tonight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to say that Josh needs to go. He can only sing Country Western, and he does that well. But he is getting the patriotic vote so he will probably be in the final two, even though he doesn't have what it takes to be American Idol material, now American Country Idol yes, but he lacks the versatility that is needed to get the job done for American Idol.

thecatguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Luv Those Paws original post:
Kimberly was a disappointment to me. I thought she missed the mark.
Clay missed his mark on "Grease", too. Clay & Kim both surprised me doing that the same night....must have not been that big of a deal since the judges really didn't say much about it either.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, tonight's results weren't surprising at all.

Now it comes down to the wire-there are three really talented singers left, each who has their own strength. And, I'm happy to say they probably all break the "American Idol" mold Simon wants to create, looks-wise.

I personally wish Paula would have some criticism for the contestants. Although all criticism should be tempered with praise, I think all praise should be tempered with criticism. All three have done well, but they all have some areas they could work on. Simon, and recently Randy, have told the contestants what they could do better even when they've done really well. I think comments like these will only help become better singers, and be more entertaining for the viewing audience.