American Idol night!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, they had to crown a winner no matter how close it was. Thing is, though, they really did declare it a tie. They both get record deals and Simon said their records will come out on the same day. I know that part of the deal last year was that none of the other contestants could release anything before Kelly Clarkson did.

They are definitely both winners in my book!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I will buy Clay's CD but pass on Reuben's. Clay singing Bridge Over Troubled Water really moved my heart. He was a great sport about it though. I really thought Reuben was going to stroke out there for a minute, he was sweating the worst I have ever seen him.

cookie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hissy, I feel the same way you do!

I wanted Clay to win, and will pass on a Rueben cd, and said to my hubby while watching, that Ruben looks like he is gonna pass out or have a heart attack...

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i will be buying clays cd!! I love him and think he should have won! the reason it was soooooo close is because they didn't have enough phone lines open!! I tried to vote so many times and didnt get through once
Ruban is okay but he just boars me!

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just heard on a talk show on tv, Simon said that Clay saw the card that Ryan had with the results on it about 5 minutes before they went out on stage and knew that Ruben was gonna win before the winner was announced, and if you go back and look at the announcement, Clay was staring at Ruben like he knew he was going to win. Last night I thought Clay looked kind of like he knew what was about to happen.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love clay. He does seem alittle girly but alot of guys do. I think he is really sweet and cute. I hope that he does even better the ruban out in the music world! This is only the start for the two of them. I'm happy that clay's cd is going to be released the same time rubans is. Did the do that last season with the number two person?

I also hope that kim locke gets to do something with her talent!

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ya know, the whole time I wanted Clay to win, the entire time. After the final two show I thought Clay made his case and it was going to be very close. All the polls had Reuben leading, then I watched the E! pre-show and everyone was saying Clay, so I got really hopeful.

I really wanted Clay to win. I know that he gets the record deal and whatnot, so that is certainly soothing, but I still wanted him to have the title. I am of course being silly.

All in all it was a great competition. I think many of the finalists will go one to have great careers and I can't wait to see what the future holds for Clay. He is still my favorite

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just never cared for Clay even though he is very talented - something about him can't quite put my finger on it. Anyway I am so glad that Reuben the underdog won!!!

Kudos to Reuben.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some thoughts now that I've had some time to think about it.....

The finale was pretty anticlimactic for me. We knew about 3 weeks into it that these two would be the finalists. I was pretty sure Ruben would win at about the same time.

I think the difference was that Ruben was consistently good throughout the competition, whereas Clay had his up and down weeks. Clay finished stronger than Ruben, but Ruben already had a very loyal following.

Did anyone else notice that Josh wasn't there? Hubby heard that he was shipped off to Iraq, and perhaps the military told the show that they didn't want them to announce it. Still, I thought it was a glaring omission that he wasn't even mentioned. He did make it to the final 4! If nothing else, they could have just said that Josh is a Marine, and his military duties prevent him from being here tonight....

Anyone notice that Kelly ditched the dancers this time?
That was SO not her!

I'm really curious what kind of songs and image they get for both Clay and Ruben. They transformed Kelly into this sex-pot diva, total POP queen. I never saw her like that on the show.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They mentioned that Josh would not be there because he had been called to duty. They said it near the beginning of the show.

Ginger

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read an interesting article in the Washington Post this morning. What it more or less said is that the producers were trying to manipulate the voting by trying to strongly influence the viewer's opinions because they didn't know how to market Clay but they knew how to market Ruben. Manipulate meant pumping Ruben up while cutting down Clay ("He's too Broadway, etc."). I guess it's not surprising, since the producers are stuck putting out a record for the winner, but why bother having America vote? They could have had the same competition, let America vote for a while and then pick the winner they wanted.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Princess Purr
I just love clay. He does seem alittle girly but alot of guys do. I think he is really sweet and cute. I hope that he does even better the ruban out in the music world! This is only the start for the two of them. I'm happy that clay's cd is going to be released the same time rubans is. Did the do that last season with the number two person?

I also hope that kim locke gets to do something with her talent!
For last season, Kelley already has her record out, but Justin's will not be released until around June 15th.

I will not buy Ruben's CD - he really bores me. Can't wait for Clay's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I liked the old Kelly better. I didn't recognize her until she finished her routine and smiled. Go Hollywood......sigh....

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was it just me or did Kelly not do a very good job the other night on the show? It just seemed fake and honestly, her voice was much stronger when she was on the show. She's got a wonderful voice, but I felt like she was trying to "show off" & it made her sound horrible.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was gonna be asleep now...but I sit and "watch" the final ep. of American Idol. The picture is scrambled, but the sound isn´t, so I can listen and see some...
I know who the winner is, and I didn´t even know what kind of show this was untill right before the final ep. in the US, and had seen one scrambled and then I saw Ruben as a guest at Jay Leno. So now I´ve seen some, maybe 3 eps. and I just have to see the final...and they just keep having people sing and I sooooo have to pee! Why can´t they just get to it! The songs are nice, but hey, I have to pee!

They have announced that Clay won in one state and Ruben in another, are they counting all the states? (Then I have time for the WC!)

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
around my area all clays cd's are sold out but rubans are sitting on the self. Has anyone else noticed one or the other is more popular? In my area is it's clay for sure! I was wondering who it was in your area?