Am I the only girl...

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would never wear pink! I am a tom boy..(My favorite color is Teal..lol). But my room is painted hot pink. I want to change it though..to teal.

Our bathroom is mainly pink, because its mainly tile also..

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How funny... Pink by Aerosmith is on the radio right now! LOL

I used to HATE pink but it's grown on me as I've gotten older. Oh, and purple is my second favorite color to red (Which isn't too far from pink).

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of pink either. My daughter and her best friend (in 3rd grade) REFUSE to wear pink. They call it "the P word."

Friends and relatives always buy her pink clothes, it seems, and we have to donate them.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't particularly don't like pink, and would never decorate with it, but I have several tops that are rose or fuschia. Go figure. Those shades look good on me, as long as they have a blue tone to them.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can remember when I would only wear pink if I paired it with camo.
I had this light pink v neck sweater that I used to wear with fatigue pants in high school.

Now I STILL don't like light pink that much, but I have expanded and bought a fushcia sweater about a month ago that I've gotten tons of compliments on.

I am also a victim of the pink bathroom... Our apartment was built in the 50's so most of the tile is pink or black and white. I paired a fun retro shower curtain with it and black rugs and red towels and it seems to work. Here's the curtain: Shower Curtain

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like it obviously because I have pink in my signature and always use the pinks hearts here instead of the red.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I can remember when I would only wear pink if I paired it with camo.
I had this light pink v neck sweater that I used to wear with fatigue pants in high school.

Now I STILL don't like light pink that much, but I have expanded and bought a fushcia sweater about a month ago that I've gotten tons of compliments on.

I am also a victim of the pink bathroom... Our apartment was built in the 50's so most of the tile is pink or black and white. I paired a fun retro shower curtain with it and black rugs and red towels and it seems to work. Here's the curtain: Shower Curtain
Yeah, two pink bathrooms here -- lotsa pink tile. I haven't been quite as deliberate about decorating, but we did decide that Rob's tiger shower curtain and a hodge-podge of colours would tone down the wall-to-wall pink. It works pretty well.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't love pink, but I don't hate it either..I have a few pink articles of clothing but not many..I am not super fruity girly either

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Me, I am a girly girl. I love pink. Mind you I don't have very many clothes that are pink. I have pink underwear and socks though! My bathroom is going to be pink as well... a very dark pink, I am hoping it will look okay.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't wear pink, it doesn't go with my very pale 'smowman' complextion at all! My parents are not conventional and didn't dress me in pink even when I was tiny, people used to think I was a boy
I have always been a tomboy and pink is not for me, you are not the only one

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really didn't like pink until this last year. I really LOATHED it! Until I found a pink Strawberry Shortcake shirt
That was my nickname growing up.
I don't have alot of pink things. Just the Strawberry Shortcake shirt, a Garfield shirt (Says "You and what army?" and Garfields wearing camo and an army hat
)
Besides that, and a pair of pink undies, I try to avoid it like the plague

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know the more I think about it, I think that society has made us view pink as a weak color. It has always been shown as frilly and girly and let's face it ... submissive. Could be why so many of us women have an aversion to it. Unconsciously we didn't want to be associated with such a weak color. That doesn't make those who love the color bad, its just that they don't make that connection in their head. Pink isn't weak in their eyes.

It's only recently that the color has been given a little more power like with the breast cancer campaign. Maybe it's time we took the color back completely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You know the more I think about it, I think that society has made us view pink as a weak color. It has always been shown as frilly and girly and let's face it ... submissive. Could be why so many of us women have an aversion to it. Unconsciously we didn't want to be associated with such a weak color. That doesn't make those who love the color bad, its just that they don't make that connection in their head. Pink isn't weak in their eyes.

It's only recently that the color has been given a little more power like with the breast cancer campaign. Maybe it's time we took the color back completely.
No no no no!!! I refuse to!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pink! But it hasn't always been that way - it kind of grew on me as I got older.

A friend of mine was desperate - I mean desperate - for a boy with her first pregnancy. She got pregnant by accident and although they were happy, they really, really wanted a boy. Went so far as to decorate the nursery with dark blue and gold colours everywhere.

Well, of course, they had a girl, and now you cannot get that woman or her child out of pink! It's like she's making up for all those years she didn't like it. They have a boy now, too - hope he doesn't get dolled up all in pink!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh you should see me in a pink Strawberry Shortcake shirt, pink camo pants, and steel toed boots while I'm climbing around on a roof!
I hardly think that's feminine
I don't wear too much pink because I'm a redhead and it makes me look like my hair's on fire!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bella713

I LOVE PINK! I wish I had a pink cat...maybe I can dye Sophia
If you do that, I want pictures!