Am I Pregnant???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

wow with all you people smacking me i will never get better.

Good luck in the morning !!! and i hope things have gotten better for you tonight
Thanks Bruce
/ We'll take it easy on ya as long as you behave
/ Uhhh i'm still feeling like crap tonight- i tried to have some pineapple a minute ago- and well, that didn't work
So hopefully tomorrow i'll know for sure one way or the other. I'm sooooo nervous!!!!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The reason for the water before the ultrasound, is it enlarges your bladder so they can use it as a reference point whilst doing the ultrasound.

Hope it all goes well!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna be on here today ALOT to see what the results are too.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss one afternoon here and now look what I missed!
Good Luck today Nikki! Hoping for the best. Either way I really hope the throwing up stops! hehe
*hugs*

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Maybe so! I'm not sure one way or the other at this point, but i'm dying to find out!
Also though i'm trying not to get my hopes up toooooo much so i won't be too disappointed if i'm not. On the medical site i read that vomiting/cramping/nausea were also common with cysts- so it could potentially be that as well. i'm not sure
We'll know tomorrow!
They are difinately signs of cysts, I vomit /cramp when I have them so it could be cysts with a pregnancy? You may have two things going on at once, that could be why you are having so many things going on and feeling so badly.

Originally Posted by Catkiki

Have you had your gallbladder checked? Before I had my gallbladder removed, it hurt just where yours is hurting. I was sick too. Ask your doctor about that too.
I hadn't thought of that, that will have alot of the same symptoms of a cyst, but worse, I believe. I have never had a gallbladder problem. I wouldn't rule that out, good point!

Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm not sure if I missed this part or not, but have you told Colin about all this?
I had to ask her that too! LOL! We were all being supportave, but none of us were there to hold her, like Colin can

No i haven't. I didn't even think about that. I will ask them tomorrow when they do my ultrasound. Would it should up on my ultrasound if there were something wrong with my gallbladder? / The thing about that is- they recently did a TON of GI tests on me- i mean everything! I would be shocked if it hadn't shown up when they did the tests. (I had colonoscopies, upper gi scopes, bravo ph monitor implant, gastric emptying study, ct scan, diabetes and celiac tests *negative on both*, fecal studies, x-rays- you name it- they did about everything you can think of to figure out what was causing all my gi problems. i will ask about the gall bladder thing tomorrow- but i would have assumed it would have shown up before now on those other tests...but i could always be wrong
Is it possible that it wasn't acting up, so it wouldn't show up then? I have never had a gallbladder problem that I know of, so I am no help there!

Yup. and he's estatic- he's dying to be a daddy!
So he's really hoping i am. I told him that there was a chance it could be ectopic (then i had to sort of explain that to him) so we decided that if it is ectpoic- i do want the surgery to try and move the baby around and hopefully safe it
/ I also told him it could be something as simple as a cyst from what the doctor says so not to get his hopes up just yet since we're not positive. I know he's really hoping we're gonna have a baby though.
Mabey it's been too long since the begining of this, but is there any reason you think it is the ectopic if you are pregnant? Oh, I guess because the first came up neg and all the cramping right?
I am sure by time you are updating, you will have been back from the appointments and will know, LOL! I hope you are pregnant, you sound like you will be great parents (didn't want to leave colin out and say you will be a good mom, LOL)
You know, it isn't uncommon to have cysts and be pregnant, so mabey that's why the extra cramps. I guess I will just wait to hear the results, but it would be possible.
So I am hoping for the best for you, even if you didn't get to read it before you went, you will atleast know I was thinking of you while you were at your appointments! (Does the hospital have a computer? I know the ER I use has one in the waiting room so people can see the babies born at the hospital ect. Mabey if you find out you are pregnant, you could have used theres, just to let us know? Too bad I didn't mention that before you went? too late now LOL! I will be on "stand-by" to hear the news!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thankyou! I appreciate that! I never new you were a L&D nurse! That's neat!
If i am pg- i'm gonna be pm'ing you with lots of questions
/ and even if i'm not- when the time is right and i do eventually become pregnant, i'll be pm'ing you
/ Thanks for the sweet wishes! My appointment's at 1 tomorrow for my ultrasound and 2 tomorrow for my exam/ doctors consultation, so i'll know then
Of course you can pm me any time, and I know there is a currently practicing L&D nurse on this board as well, not to mention you'll have the company of other recently pregnant & delivered and newly pregnant TCS members for support

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck hon!!!! I hope it all goes well/is going well at the docs!

Sending you good baby vibes - what an exciting time for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for being so sweet and supportive. I can't tell each and every one of you just how much i appreciate that. I went in to the doctor today- they did two ultrasounds, a urine pregnancy test, blood pregnancy test, and an exam. I am not pregnant. My best friend Renae wound up going with me today- i didn't think it'd be a big deal or i'd need someone to go along- but i am SOOOO glad she went with me. I had no idea they were going to be doing all of those tests. The reason the last pregnancy test had come back positive according to my doctor is because i had a huge hormone surge- and sometimes pregnancy tests can mistake them for an acutal pregnancy. ---so yea, when the box claims it's 99.9% accurate when used correctly- it's not true. My doctor said it's actually a good deal less acurate sometimes. So far, the ultrasounds and urine pregnancy tests have come back negative for a pregnancy. We are still waiting on the blood test- it should be in around 3 days from now- but it's pretty safe to assume i'm not. The doctor did say there is a very small chance. She took me off my birth control pills and said not to take them again until i start my period and then after that to come back and see her. If i haven't had one in 2 weeks- she's doing another ultrasound.
This is all just really frusterating. Not to mention- my ultrasound tech was a total you know what....
She was very rude and didn't want to take the time to explaine anything to me. / Also- about the cramps- I have a uterus that is tilted pretty much all the way up and i have polycystic ovaries- i have small clusters of cysts in both ovaries. They're causing the cramping- that coupled with my GI problems
So there's pretty much nothing they can do right now. If they take out the cysts- it could scar my ovaries- and if my ovaries or other reproductive tissues get scared- it could prevent me from becomming pregnant later on. That's a risk i'm not willing to take- so i'll just deal with it for now. I told Colin a little while ago- he's pretty let down....so am I. But we both said that we still have lots of time to get married and start a family...so it's ok. We're both pretty upset though. I guess in the back of my mind- i still had a glimmer of hope that i was pregnant- i guess i really didn't realize how much i did want a baby right now until today. But it's ok..i know when the time is right, colin and i will have our children. After i got out of the doctors office- renae made me go get some lunch with her (i was feeling sick from the cramping- plus they took lots of blood- so i needed food). Then after that i was really a bit too upset when i came home to talk about it on tcs...so i held off for a bit. I went to the gym and worked out for a little bit then came back and took a shower- i'm feeling better and more positive now that i've had a good workout. / Thankyou all for being there for me and being soo supportive! Ya'll are wonderful friends. I'm sorry ya'll aren't going to be tcs aunts/uncles right now
- but when the time is right and colin and i do get hitched and have children- ya'll will definitely be honoary aunts and uncles
. Thankyou again everyone.