Am I Pregnant???

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I worked with a nurse who had pcos and last I knew, she had had her 3rd son
I also have PCOS and severe endometriosis and was told that it would be unlikely for me to conceive.... well just look at my signature to know that that was incorrect!

PCOS does not mean you cant have children just means its often harder too since you dont ovulate every month.

Regardless of all of this, I wouldnt get too concerned about any of this. You are only young and you dont know too what degree you have this.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT get yourself worked up by what you read on the internet or by what people tell you here or elsewhere on the internet.... speak to your doctor, listen to your doctor as that is the only person you should really be listening too.

to you

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Nikki...I'm sorry things didn't turn out the way you wanted. I don't really have much to add but I hope you feel better soon.

I definitely think you should talk to your doctor about all of your questions...that will give you a better perspective about your own situation than the websites.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do want to add that as with chronic renal failure - the one site I give to folks, the support list I am on, while I have a great vet, many of the members I see join did not. They are told there is nothing to be done, to put the animal down, or the vet is not aware of how long a crf kitty can live with proper support.
So too is the experience for women with pcos (some) or dealing with infertility. It is worth it to find reputable articles, websites and support lists...from the women who live and deal with pcos. I know there are junk sites out there, folks who assert they know a lot more than they do, and you have to have your "gut instinct"filter on to figure out whose full of "it" or of "knowledge".

Hopefully, Nikki has a great doc, who knows the options for treating this, or who will make the appropriate referral, but she really needs to know more about this, to get a feel if her doctor is doing the best that can be done. Not a put down in any way of her doctor or doctors in general, but honestly guys, docs or vets, we all know the value of research.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Hopefully, Nikki has a great doc, who knows the options for treating this, or who will make the appropriate referral, but she really needs to know more about this, to get a feel if her doctor is doing the best that can be done. Not a put down in any way of her doctor or doctors in general, but honestly guys, docs or vets, we all know the value of research.
That's true- it is better to use both (docs and research) than rely on one or the other.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw Nikki, I havent been on lately to follow the post, But I do wanna give some words of encouragement.

Dont worry...Be happy!

This pocs stuff might just be a bump on your road to having a baby, bumps are not mountains! remember that!

If i were you I would Take your "rabbit" like skills and put them to use...you have all the eggs your supposed to have in your ovaries, so...go ahead and make one those good eggs fertile. Ask your significant other to marry you and get working on this family deal! Sometimes you just gotta go for it! it sounds easier than it is but its worth a try. Dan and I are starting our family way earlier than we thought but its the most exciting thing ever to say Im gonna be a parent!

Im send you an internet hug right now... if you have dial up... well it just might take a while...here ya go..

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear the news Nikki! You have many shoulders to cry on with us.
I agree with EricaNicole, put those rabbit skills to use. LoL Nothing more fun then trying. I hope the cramping stops soon so you can rest.

Hugs

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, don't let all the stress keep you down.Just because you were dealt a set back, doesn't mean that children are out of the question for you.Have faith Hon!!!
This is what I was diagnosed with having prior to my Hysterectomy and then after......

Tammy-- suffered from DUB,Ovarian&Cervical Cysts,Uterine Polyps,Severe Clotting,Stage 2 Uterine Prolapse,Uterus 14 cm(3 month pg),Adenomyosis
TVH on April 5,2005- Kept Ovaries,cervix went.Uterus weighed 182 grams.Cervix was swollen
*pray*Thanking God that I had this done, and would do it all over again!!!
(I belong to Hyster Sisters and that's my prfile on there)

that being said, I was able to have 4 children.So, don't give up hope sweetie!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to take a minute to say thankyou to each and every one of you.
I would respond to each post but there are soooo many! Thankyou soooo much for all of the encouragement and kind words - ya'll have no idea how much they help
/ Colin and I talked about it last night- i told him a bit about PCOS (and i'm gonna pull up a few reputable links for him to read so that he understand it a bit) He has been sooooooo incredably supportive. Last night we decided that if we are unable to have kids naturally we'll try ivf or adoption. I am so excited knowing that he's open to those options should we not be able to naturally have kids. And he brought up a good point as did many of ya'll- who's to say i CAN'T yet? Doctors can be wrong sometimes- and there are many women who do go on to have children with pcos.
I think once i settled down and got all of the crying out of my system (haha i think), i started to put things into perspective. It stinks that i have this- i am not happy about it- but i want children- and i am willing to do everything i can do increase my chances that i will have them. So i'll stick to my healthy diet and regular exercising like i'm already doing and keep researching and asking questions. When i go back to my doctor i'm gonna take a list of questions with my (She's awesome! she'll answer all of them or refer me to someone who can. I am definitely lucky to have such a sweet doctor
). Also- i noticed- some of the symptoms of PCOS- i do not have (the hair problems, and stuff like that) so just because i have pcos- doesn't mean every symptom applies to me- so that's positive!
So maybe i won't have too many issues trying to concieve when the time's right. I'm trying to be positive about it. Colin and i decided that we want to start trying for a family soon after we're married (so uhh yea...he needs to hurry up and pop the question
). So hopefully, since i'll be young- my chances will be better. / Also- thankyou to everyone who shared their stories
I'm sooo glad many of ya'll have gone on to have healthy happy families. That's very encouraging to hear!
Thanks again for being so kind and supportive of me everyone- i am sooo greatful to have everyone here on TCS! / Also- for those of you who do have pcos- what on earth do you take for the cramping? mine is still going non-stop

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki...
You have a wonderful, positive attitude! You'll make an awesome mommy someday whether you do have your own or you adopt...that'll be a lucky kiddo!

Take care and God bless ya...
Hilda >^..^<

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikkie I just read the rest of the thread and wanted to say Im sorry! My mom was told she couldnt have any more kids after my sister Bethany. She went onto have me and my 2 younger siblings. And your way younger then she was! Dont give up hope.
from John and me. He said to tell you he is very very sorry.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Also- i noticed- some of the symptoms of PCOS- i do not have (the hair problems, and stuff like that) so just because i have pcos- doesn't mean every symptom applies to me- so that's positive!
I didn't have the hair problem when I was in my 20's either. As I've gotten older the natural hormone changes that we go through on top pf the PCOS have meant an increase in the number of dark hairs appearing on my chin and upper lip
I either pluck them or wax them. I have purchased 2 or 3 home electrolosis kits but they don't seem to work.

Also- for those of you who do have pcos- what on earth do you take for the cramping? mine is still going non-stop
Ibruprofen around the clock as you need it, and hot water bottles.

Having PCOS is not the end of the world. It's actually a very common condition that afflicts very many women.