advice for rescuing roommates cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leavenomewbehind713

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
theres been another development!!!
So our relationship is very poor with the roommates now and shes convinced that we stabbed her in the back (even though she literally deleted me off fb and then tried to evict us randomly one day) but that aside theyre moving out. They were served another eviction notice for 10 days due to nonpayment of the rent for october and 11 days after they signed a lease and asked for just a little more time so they can move their belongings. The landlord obliged but noted that if he sees them not moving or thinks theyre taking too long hes evicting them fully. That being said we check on her fb regularly to keep up with potential developments and found they were looking for moving boxes AND today they made a post about rehoming the cat. We are going to have a friend reach out and try and take the cat and hold her for us so that way we can take her. We dont think they would let us keep her due to how things have developed. They even entered our room without our permission which i noted in another police call and reported them for keeping us from entering our residence(they literally blocked off the front door so we couldnt get in and then wouldnt let us enter through the other door- 3 of them blocked us from getting in) so its been a really big thing and they still think theyre in the right with everything theyve done so we worry that if we ask they will immediately tell us no so we are trying to use other means of acquiring the cat. While also hoping on the low that she just leaves her there. The landlord is also open to trying to find a friend to house the cat for us temporarily but we have to wait to see because unfortunately its the same issue with the landlord in the sense of- they hate the landlord as much as they hate us.

any advice would be awesome!! But we are finally in the home stretch!! Keep your fingers crossed please that we get this kitty!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is a very good idea, and one that I have used successfully, but the story does not make a difference to what you are doing right now, nor does my casual relationship to the truth where an animal is concerned.

Just make sure that your friends do not in any way let on that they even know you exist. No slip of the tongue. They have no clue about the situation as it has transpired over these last months. Same with the landlord if you have any control over communicating that to them. I have seen people get very mean in these situations where an animal needs to be rehomed but they don't want a certain person or rescue to take it for spite. If your friends, or whomever gets the cat from them, can leave the premises with the cat in hand, no pick up later, and head off for parts unknown it should end everything.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope your plan works. If possible, try and sneak some blankets/towels (over time if need be) to give to your friend while they 'house' the cat waiting for you to be able to take her, so that she has something that smells familiar to her. Maybe even an item or two of your own worn, unwashed clothing - anything, toys/food dishes/etc. that will give the cat something that she would be used to while she is in her temporary home waiting for you!

leavenomewbehind713

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys i have another update and im shook to the CORE. She gave me the cat and acknowledged that the cat loves me and that its better than her going to a stranger! I could literally cry right now. The landlord came and grabbed me because she was asking to see me in regards to the cat and im completely shaken at the relief and happiness i feel. This was the universe stepping in truly!!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Guys i have another update and im shook to the CORE. She gave me the cat and acknowledged that the cat loves me and that its better than her going to a stranger! I could literally cry right now. The landlord came and grabbed me because she was asking to see me in regards to the cat and im completely shaken at the relief and happiness i feel. This was the universe stepping in truly!!
This is awesome! Holy crap! Maybe she realized doing the right thing was a lot more simple than trying to re-home. Finding a home for an adult cat is not easy and maybe she realized it. I am so happy for you all!!!

leavenomewbehind713

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really could not have gotten through this all without the help of you all guiding me on things to do and routes i could take. Now i just have to figure out finances and make it so i can afford to take all three of my babies to the vet and get them all up to date and checked out (i was homeless for awhile so im behind on their vet care and i also moved states during that time for safety reasons) and then i can intermingle them! In the mean time i will start by doing slow scent swapping and working to get the new kitty acclimated to us and the environment without the roommates there. Thank you all!!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

I am SO happy to hear this. Thank you for coming back to update us. And CONGRATULATIONS 🎉

What a relief to have her with you.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This may have useful information;

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

Will the vet allow you to do a payment plan? I will post the various financial assistance sites we have, but I'm hearing at least for some that there are too many people applying and not enough funds.

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

Financial Assistance Information | Network Partners

24+ Resources for Free or Low Cost Veterinary Care - Low Income Relief

Last edited:

leavenomewbehind713

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This may have useful information;

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

Will the vet allow you to do a payment plan? I will post the various financial assistance sites we have, but I'm hearing at least for some there are too many people applying and not enough funds.

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

Financial Assistance Information | Network Partners

24+ Resources for Free or Low Cost Veterinary Care - Low Income Relief
Thank you i will look into these, worst comes to worst i will just have to keep them apart until i get them up to date! But thank you for these resources!!!!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so happy for you and for the cat. The miserable life is behind and the cat will live in a loving home and you will not have to continue to think about what happened to the cat or how it is being treated. It is wonderful when we hear how the situations work out and you did everything you could to make it possible.

leavenomewbehind713

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I want to say thank you to all of you for the congratulations! My boyfriend and i are so ecstatic to have her as a part of our tiny family. Life has been very difficult on us over the recent year so this feels like a huge win and huge positive moment within our life. im already planning out how im going to get them all set up medically and doing the research needed to finalize their stuff! Thank you all for the positivity. Ill post a picture of her as soon as im back over in my place so you all can see the beautiful baby that was worth the stress!