Adult coloring books

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really enjoying this thread. I usually move on from a hobby / activity very quickly or I forget about it, but having this thread reminds me about it and keeps me motivated to share with everyone my coloring and see theirs! Thank you @Winchester  for starting it! 

I'm going to leave the background uncolored. It'll sort of be like white beadboard.

I started a third image:

I have a little more coloring in to do. Some of the images in this book are on two pages and others are just on one page.
I finished colouring a picture today. I'm not as good at colouring as a lot of you and I used markers but I still enjoyed myself.

I like it
Are you using fine tipped markers or bold markers? I like fine tipped markers for really small details and bold ones to fill in large spaces.

@betsygee I like your altar

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I finished colouring a picture today. I'm not as good at colouring as a lot of you and I used markers but I still enjoyed myself.
Humbug! you did awesome! Such vibrant colors! It's really hard to color with markers and get an even color / shade
. You did amazing! 

I saw that image online on one of the printable coloring page web sites
I think I printed it out and am using it for a walk challenge team prize.

I've never been into hobbies but this coloring thing is fun

I finished two images today

I'm going to leave the background uncolored. It'll sort of be like white beadboard.

I started a third image:

I have a little more coloring in to do. Some of the images in this book are on two pages and others are just on one page.
Those are very good! Keep up the great work! 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used bold markers...a mix of crayola and playskool ones. My daughter likes to colour with me so we use washable markers.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dias de los muertos (Day of the Dead) :) It's a Latin American, particularily Mexican, holiday celbrated on Nov. 1. Magiksgirl can probbaly explain more about the holiday. I wouldn't want to color in skeletons and such but there are people out there who like that sort of thing.

I'm home today waiting for the repairman (he was supposed to come last week but apparently parts needed to be ordered:doh3: ) so I'll finish up coloring the flowers and start the next image... or two :D The next page is prety simple (a set of teacups on a striped background) so it might take take too long to do. I might take my coloring outside later. It's such a nice day and no humidity
I thought it was a film.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/289768/width/200/
height/400
That's beautiful.
Why would you think it's not as good as others?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I'm really enjoying this thread. I usually move on from a hobby / activity very quickly or I forget about it, but having this thread reminds me about it and keeps me motivated to share with everyone my coloring and see theirs! Thank you @Winchester  for starting it! 

You guys rock! I'm enjoying seeing everything you're all doing and when I have time to sit down and color, I'll post something. Right now it's been a little hectic around here, but I'm looking forward to working on some images, too.

You all do such beautiful work! Congratulations! 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had never even seen adult coloring books until this thread. I went to Books A Million the other day and right there in the very front of the store was a rack with several coloring books like the ones that have been talked about here. How cool is that???

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought it was a film.
It's a celebration that got made into a film 

Thanks
If these cups were made in real life, I'd totally buy them
I second that! You did a great job picking the colors 

UPDATE ON MY COLORING:

I was at the candy depot yesterday and since school season will start soon there were some coloring utensils, including crayons. I've been to busy to search for mine so I had to decide on the Crayola 12pc and the Playschool 36pc  for the same price. I liked the Playschool colors better so I got those.

The Playschool crayons were horrible! They have no pigment at all! Not even the black. They are very dry waxy. When you color, they start to flake on the paper since there's no pigment to color. You get a very translucent pastel color from any of the crayons. They also make a scratching  sound since they are so dry. I did not like them one bit. I'll see if I can return them or exchange them for the Crayola ones, with those at least I know they'll actually provide me with color for my pictures 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Quote:

Originally Posted by MagiksGirl  

I started a third image:

How busy have you been?! 
   I can't believe how much you have managed to get done.  I love the colours you are using too, and agree with everyone about those cups, very nice. 
  I like how you're using the different depths of shading too.

Actually, I found paper placemats at World Market with Day of the Dead designs that could be colored.  I put them out with colored pencils during the celebration and a couple of guests did sit down and color for awhile!  
Excellent.  That would have been such fun. 
    And ahead of the colouring craze too!   I wonder if there will be more for sale this year with colouring being so popular right now?

I was finishing a picture in the Wildlife book I got before I came on line.  I'll need to upload some photos soon.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had never even seen adult coloring books until this thread. I went to Books A Million the other day and right there in the very front of the store was a rack with several coloring books like the ones that have been talked about here. How cool is that???
They've even arrived in Israel.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

How busy have you been?! 
   I can't believe how much you have managed to get done.  I love the colours you are using too, and agree with everyone about those cups, very nice. 
  I like how you're using the different depths of shading too.
The flower one took about three days to do. The cups took a few hours yessterday. I was waiting for the repairman so I didn't have anything else to do. The book is just 7 inches by 5 inches so the images are pretty small but can be very detailed.

I've noticed that I color in the details first and then color around them. Does anyone else do this too? With the cups, I did all the flowers, leaves, etc first and then based on those colors chose what colors to use for the rest of the cup and handle. I do pay attention to every little detail in everyday life so maybe it's just habit or just part of my personality, being an introvert and highly sensitive and all.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's what this one said on the back,

@betsygee I like your altar
Love seeing all the creative works!  Catlover19, which book is that one?  The bottom one, sort of a flower / celtic cross?  And the paisley one you did first with markers is stunning!

I've given up on crayons and markers, using only colored pencils now.  With the Prismacolor set, plus the 2 CraZArt (regular and neon) and the one Crayola set, I seem to have plenty of color options ha haaa.  I'm starting to blend colors, as well.

Love this thread!

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are free printable ones. I cut my second one out because I had scribbled a bit of marker on the outer part so I probably just photographed it upside down.