Adult coloring books

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Angels Mommy, which Mandala book is that one? I like how it's spiral bound. Much easier to flip all the pages back to work on one single page instead of having to hold half the book down flat so you an color on the other side.

When you start a new page, do you give it a good look and plan out what colors to use and where or do you just grab any color and start filling in the spaces and plan as you go? I know there aren't any rules for coloring but I don't want to end up with something muli colored psychedelic and weird looking.

So I ranted (politely) to Amazon about my recent order. I used their email option. I got a response back that, in part, says that it was a combination of technical and Human error that resulted in the pacakges not being processed and shipped in a timely manner and that the second package may have gotten lost in transit. The package arrived in state on July 30 (looks like the distribution center near ArtieMom). It was out for delivery on July 31. How does it get lost while out for delivery and then somehow marked as delivered? Someone had to scan the package at some point on July 31 and mark it as delivered.

Amazon is sending me a replacement at no charge with 1 day shipping. Fingers crossed that this order will arrive on time
So now I have (hopefully) two sets of Prismacolors.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@LTS3  You might want to keep the spare set of prismacolor when it arrives.   One thing I am noticing is how quickly they wear down and take regular sharpening, esp if I do any intense pigment coverage.

Re: the not wanting some weird multi coloured psychadelic thing.....  I did one of those last night!  
   I don't like to think what it says about my brain at the time:  I was kind of tired.  I'll have to take some photos and post them again.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished! It took about 3 hours.  Something cool about this mandala's coloring book I forgot to mention is that on the back of each one tells the meaning of it. I have always chosen which one to color at the time by what I was drawn to. I never read the back until I finished it. I didn't want to choose one by what it said, but by what I was drawn to, then I would read it when finished, & every time, I kid you not, it has related to me at that time in my life! 

Here's what this one said on the back,

I found this interesting, because the last two months have been stress filled, & couldn't wait for them to be over. In June I had my "fender bender" for those of you who read that thread. Then, exactly a month to the day, my computer was compromised, & I had to spend money I didn't have to fix it, & buy more security for it. Also, a back pain that tends to come along every few months or so started acting up again a few weeks ago.
I finally got x-rays at a Chiropractor, & found less disc (not very degenerated, but still less) were between L-3, 4, & 5, so that's why I was inflammed & hurting off & on for 2 weeks. 
SO, I feel like the "scattered pieces" this talks about is all that STUFF! Finally over, & getting better. NOW, I am glad it's August, which is also my birthday month! So hopefully, it will be much better!!
What date? Mine's the 18th.
Feel better.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

@Artiemom   Which ever route you eventually get them, I hope you have your pencils before Friday and find colouring with them helps you heal from the surgery and pass your time positively while you are not able to do so much. 
Thank you so much! They were delivered around 4pm yesterday. Of course, I immediately started using them. I can only do it for so long . then I have to stop afor the day. I have pain which lasts for hours...just another issue..

On Friday, I may be making too much out of it. It is just a 1cm lesion on my face which needs to be removed. It is right in the lower corner of my nose extending down a bit. All the written orders could be a little over the top, nonetheless, I am getting somewhat anxious of it. I live alone, so I have to be ready for anything.

I have to go now, catch Artie who will be trying to hide, in order to give him his meds. 

I usually try coloring a bit either before or after supper. It does relax and get my mind off of things. My kitchen table is a mess!!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw that image when you first posted it but it didn't occur to me to go back in the thread to find it

Someone had to check it out:

It's hard to get right into the fold with the pencils
I guess it doesn't really matter. I can't believe that's all I did in an hour and a half. I feel like I should have more done. It was kind of hard to decide on which colors to use. So many pretty colors in the box
I tried not to color flowers near each other in similar colors.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   Love how your work is subject to close inspection @LTS3.  
   No doubt checking out what this latest venture is that starves your kitties of attention.   Nice colours too.  It is amazing how time passes when you are engrossed in an activity.

I have some days where Mouse isn't interested at all and is happy to snooze away while I colour, and others where I hardly get anything done because he won't stop trying to chew at the pages. 
  I'm happy he hasn't tried to chew at the end of the pencils when they more though, that's one good thing (to date).

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Love how your work is subject to close inspection @LTS3.  
   No doubt checking out what this latest venture is that starves your kitties of attention.   Nice colours too.  It is amazing how time passes when you are engrossed in an activity.

I have some days where Mouse isn't interested at all and is happy to snooze away while I colour, and others where I hardly get anything done because he won't stop trying to chew at the pages. 
  I'm happy he hasn't tried to chew at the end of the pencils when they more though, that's one good thing (to date).
Leroy's always nosy. Curiosity will kill Leroy one day
I expected him to chew on the pencils as I was using them but he just lay on his cushion and watched. Emma kept batting at the pencils as I was taking them out of the tray.

I just checked on my replacement pencils. They're marked as delivered so hopefully they are in the entryway or lobby waiting for me when I get home.

More coloring later
Let's see how much more I can do by bedtime

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Almost done with the first image

I have two sets of Prismacolors now
I'll put the second set away and use it later. I wish the set has grays but it's not a big deal to buy individual pencils from the art store. They're $1.29 each.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty! I like that book, it looks nice. I love how Leroy is checking it out too. 
 ...Funny kitties!  Angel would be batting pencils around too.  I'm glad you finally got some pencils! 

I just remembered the other day that I have a butterfly coloring book somewhere. I'll have to find it, & start on that one too. A coworker at the time, gave it to me 10 years ago when I was in the hospital for something. 

I think I stuck it in my file cabinet. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Something a little different:  I was wandering around local shops on my day off and a new place had opened up with an ecclectic bundle of arty things.  There was a small table with colouring books on and one of them was this Day of the Dead one.   I don't think I could cope with a book full of this theme but the designs were really interesting and I could imagine it all filled with colour.  Great if you like Day of the Dead theme stuff.  Looked on line just now and there seem to be quite a few different ones.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Something a little different:  I was wandering around local shops on my day off and a new place had opened up with an ecclectic bundle of arty things.  There was a small table with colouring books on and one of them was this Day of the Dead one.   I don't think I could cope with a book full of this theme but the designs were really interesting and I could imagine it all filled with colour.  Great if you like Day of the Dead theme stuff.  Looked on line just now and there seem to be quite a few different ones.
I have a couple of the Day of the Dead coloring books.  I love Latin American folk art.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ahh yes! It's a very fun day to celebrate and remember the lives of those that have passed. You honor the children on November 1st and the adults on November 2nd.

The day of the dead is a celebration rather than a mourning. You make a very colorful altar for your loved one including several key items, which includes food that the deceased liked, drinks, bread, candy, toys representing the hobbies of the person, colorful cut paper, candles and some that are symbolic and, of course, flowers! 
I'm really enjoying this thread. I usually move on from a hobby / activity very quickly or I forget about it, but having this thread reminds me about it and keeps me motivated to share with everyone my coloring and see theirs! Thank you @Winchester  for starting it! 

Last edited:

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Ahh yes! It's a very fun day to celebrate and remember the lives of those that have passed. You honor the children on November 1st and the adults on November 2nd.

The day of the dead is a celebration rather than a mourning. You make a very colorful altar for your loved one including several key items, which includes food that the deceased liked, drinks, bread, candy, toys representing the hobbies of the person, colorful cut paper, candles and some that are symbolic and, of course, flowers! 
I'm really enjoying this thread. I usually move on from a hobby / activity very quickly or I forget about it, but having this thread reminds me about it and keeps me motivated to share with everyone my coloring and see theirs! Thank you @Winchester  for starting it! 

But back to coloring books 
 I'm going to have to bring out my DoD coloring book now, I haven't done any coloring in awhile.  

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
But back to coloring books 
 I'm going to have to bring out my DoD coloring book now, I haven't done any coloring in awhile.  
I just googled DoD in Oaxaca and it looks AMAZING!
 Small / old towns like that usually are more traditional than in the city. You did great on all those flowers! I really like the hidden skeleton on the left 
 Did you consider hanging up some cut tissue paper? That would really bring your amazing display up a notch 
 You can make it yourself! (We usually do and it's a fun family activity!)

Back to coloring!

I'd love to see some of your work if you feel up to sharing! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@betsygee   I thought of you the second I saw that Day of the Dead colouring book!   I could see all the pages in fabulous colours but not sure I could be the one colouring them in:  it would be a fun group thing to do though, maybe as part of the celebrations.  

Your alter last year was amazing!   I hope you are planning another this year.  I did see a few free download day of the dead colouring designs but there are only a couple which are fairly detailed.  Worth a look if you haven't done so already.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise

@betsygee   I thought of you the second I saw that Day of the Dead colouring book!   I could see all the pages in fabulous colours but not sure I could be the one colouring them in:  it would be a fun group thing to do though, maybe as part of the celebrations.  

Your alter last year was amazing!   I hope you are planning another this year.  I did see a few free download day of the dead colouring designs but there are only a couple which are fairly detailed.  Worth a look if you haven't done so already.
Actually, I found paper placemats at World Market with Day of the Dead designs that could be colored.  I put them out with colored pencils during the celebration and a couple of guests did sit down and color for awhile!