Adult coloring books

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
If you guys have a michaels or ac moores craft stores- use the 40% or 50% coupons on the prismacolor pencils! Find the coupons on line!

I believe Joanne's fabric accepts those coupons too

And my next picture- I'm working a bit more on mixing and shading colors

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was talking to my cousin tonight. I told her what I was doing with the coloring. She thinks it is crazy;however she is very crafty; paints glasses. sews, make gift baskets, quilts, etc  

She did say that her neighbor ran over to her house the other day showing her what she was doing...

Guess what it was?  Yup, coloring!!! LOL

That neighbor has gotten other neighbors involved in coloring. So much so that they are over each others houses, showing off their creations!!!

Guess they are beginning to form a coloring club!!! 

I did not see it, but there was an article in the local paper about adults now starting to color!  My cousin was telling me that Barnes and Nobles are stocking a supply of Adult coloring books....(as if I did not already know that)

My cousin thinks it is foolish. I told her it is really not much different that her doing her crafts and selling them. 

He neighbor was so excited about one of her colorings, that she ran over across the street to show my cousin....She said she was addicted to it being up until 1 AM coloring!!!  

No wonder why Amazon is taking so long to fulfill orders....

It is late now, I need to get some rest...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
NIce picture, Draco! And what a great tip about the Micheal's coupons! Thanks, Draco. We get a 50% coupon in every Sunday's paper for Micheal's, anything that's regularly priced. So that's a good deal. 

Nice books, LTS3.

Evidently, it's not the cat book I ordered that's coming in this weekend; Amazon sent me an email and it's one of the Mandela books.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Such great coloring there! I'm always partial to blues so the fact that I was also very drawn to the flower says a lot! Your gradient / blending of the colors on that flower is amazing. Great job! 

I was talking to my cousin tonight. I told her what I was doing with the coloring. She thinks it is crazy;however she is very crafty; paints glasses. sews, make gift baskets, quilts, etc  

She did say that her neighbor ran over to her house the other day showing her what she was doing...

My cousin thinks it is foolish. I told her it is really not much different that her doing her crafts and selling them. 

He neighbor was so excited about one of her colorings, that she ran over across the street to show my cousin....She said she was addicted to it being up until 1 AM coloring!!!  

It is late now, I need to get some rest...

You are correct, it's not more crazy than "painting glasses", it sounds like basically the same thing except in different mediums 
 It's interesting how she "shuns" coloring coloring books when coloring is one of the pillars of crafting! 

Evidently, it's not the cat book I ordered that's coming in this weekend; Amazon sent me an email and it's one of the Mandela books.
Aww man, such bad luck! I hope everything gets fixed soon. What do you think about printing your own pictures? I found and shared a couple of links to pages for free coloring images and got a great response. Maybe you would like to try them 
 I'm putting them again below in case you're interested:

http://www.supercoloring.com/sections/coloring-pages

http://www.coloringpages1001.com/

http://www.coloring-pages-adults.com/

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
thank you :) I am just practicing on the least liked pages before doing the ones I like.. it's been years since I worked with colored pencils!

and I need to slow down, my wrist is killing me! Darned carpal tunnel.

can't wait to see everyone's creations!

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

thank you :) I am just practicing on the least liked pages before doing the ones I like.. it's been years since I worked with colored pencils!

Ahhh yes! You need to slow down a bit! 
 Maybe try wrapping some bandages on your wrist to keep it warm or a heated pad. I'm sure those would help out a lot! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Can't you get your wrist fixed? Mine was done 16 years ago and as I got ten days off work, I went to England.
Your colouring work is so good. If I was interested in colouring I'd probably be outside the lines. Lovely work draco. :-)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Prismacolor pencils are listed on Amazon as "Package was left in a secure location at 1:41 pm today" but there is no package in the lobby or in my mail box
it wasn't sent by USPS anyways so it's not in my mail box. Only USPS has the master key to access the mail boxes.  UPS dropped off several Amazon boxes but none were mine. I checked Amazon's Help and it says "Wait 36 hours - in rare cases packages may say delivered up to 36 hours prior to arrival". I even checked the entryway of the other two buildings in my complex. I was going to check with the management office of the apartment complex next door to see if maybe my package was delivered to one of their buildings but they had closed for the day.

Amazon Chat response: "Sometimes a carrier will accidentally scan a package as "Delivered" when it's actually still on its way. When this happens, we expect the carrier to deliver the package within one business day.

If the package doesn't arrive within end of today till 10 pm or morning of tomorrow, and you've checked around the delivery location and with others who may have accepted the package, please request a refund or replacement for missing packages"

If I don't get the package tomorrow, I'm requesting a replacement and having it sent to my parents' house. And then I'm going to complain to Amazon again about not getting the package as promised within the time frame I was quoted (between July 27 and July 31). Or maybe it would just be easier to get refund and head to the store to buy a set of Prismacolors.

A co-worker of mine is having problems with missing Amazon packages, too. But she also lives in a sketchy area so I wouldn't be surprised if random people are taking her packages from her front door.

Me right now -->

I have carpal tunnel, too. Coloring shouldn't bother my wrist but we'll see.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3,

Could it have been related to one of Amazons new distribution centers? I know when I had my first delivery from this center, the carrier did not know how to enter my building! Good thing I was home. He called me on the telephone number I had listed. I had to go downstairs and pick up the package from him. He was new to deliveries and had no idea of the entrance or what to do with the package, if I was not available....kind of questionable training, if you ask me. 

Very strange story, when I ordered the prismacolors, I was waiting for the shipping confirmation. I get an e-mail from Amazon stating that I got a refund. No explanation what so ever. Then I got an e-mail stating that my order had shipped!!!!!!!!  I had a lot going on around me, so I waited. I kept getting notices that it wa on its way. Now that the time frame has past, I asked for a refund. I was told that the order was cancelled!!!!!!!!!!  What is happening to Amazon?

It just seems like it is getting 'shady'....I wonder if they are getting too big and cannot appropriately handle the load. Or are they in bad management. Or if the distribution centers messing things up.. Remember the 'drones'?  My cousin did get a drone delivery once. Scared the junk out of him!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@LTS3  I'd be 
  too.  That is terrible.  I only once had a problem with delivery going to the wrong place and that was with another on line company.  I had changed to delivery address because I wouldn't be in the day they scheduled but they didn't pass the information on to the courier - who then left the stuff with a neighbour of mine I wouldn't want anything left with and it took me about a week to get it off the neighbour. No apology or anything from the company.
   Hope you get your pencils soon.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3,
Could it have been related to one of Amazons new distribution centers? I know when I had my first delivery from this center, the carrier did not know how to enter my building! Good thing I was home. He called me on the telephone number I had listed. I had to go downstairs and pick up the package from him. He was new to deliveries and had no idea of the entrance or what to do with the package, if I was not available....kind of questionable training, if you ask me. 
Very strange story, when I ordered the prismacolors, I was waiting for the shipping confirmation. I get an e-mail from Amazon stating that I got a refund. No explanation what so ever. Then I got an e-mail stating that my order had shipped!!!!!!!!  I had a lot going on around me, so I waited. I kept getting notices that it wa on its way. Now that the time frame has past, I asked for a refund. I was told that the order was cancelled!!!!!!!!!!  What is happening to Amazon?
It just seems like it is getting 'shady'....I wonder if they are getting too big and cannot appropriately handle the load. Or are they in bad management. Or if the distribution centers messing things up.. Remember the 'drones'?  My cousin did get a drone delivery once. Scared the junk out of him!!
What's a drone delivery? I've found Amazon, England to be very responsible.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

LTS3,

I don't think so. It was shipped by a third party seller with an address in KY. The shipper is "AML-US" which apparently is Amazon Logistics, a private carrier Amazon uses.

So the pencils arrived today but I haven't opened the box yet. I'm debating on sending it back using the "Missed delivery date" option. Amazon Logistics may have marked the package as delivered yesterday but they didn't actually deliver it until today. It's just wrong
I wish there was an option to choose carriers at check out. I've never had a problem with UPS or USPS delivering my packages on time. My co-worker needed her packages to arrive by a specific date because they were gifts for a wedding she was attending. There wasn't enough time for her to receive packages before she had to leave for the wedding out of country so she complained to Amazon when she returned and Amazon sent her replacements and changed the carrier.

I'm not happy with Amzon's ability to process this order 
A week and a half to process the order (with all items in stock) and get it shipped? Then an item shipped separately that doesn't arrive until the day after it was supposedly delivered?

What's a drone delivery? I've found Amazon, England to be very responsible.
Amazon uses drones, those remote controlled mini flying machines, to delivery Prime packages in some areas: http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8037720011&tag=&tag=thecatsite

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting upset with the entire delivery process from Amazon. I finally went on chat yesterday morning. I asked why my first order of the prismacolors was refunded and why I kept getting updates on it's shipment? They did not have a real answer for me. 

The cancellation and refunded e-mail was kind of shady looking. No logo or anything, but a link to the Amazon website. 

Customer Rep checked into this, stating that it was cancelled and refunded because that vendor ran out of stock! I still see them advertising on the site for the exact same item!!!!  If they ran out of stock, and then restocked, why wasn't I put either notified as to the reason and the option of waiting for them to restock,  chose a different vendor, or cancel the order?????????    NO answer from Amazon, just an 'I apologize".

I did reorder the pencils, from a different vendor, Friday night. I should be getting that delivery by 8 pm tonight...why so late? I relax at night and do not want to be bothered by answering the door for a delivery..!!!  Actually it was $5 cheaper than the original order!!

Customer Service, on chat, did check the status of that order. They assured me that it would be delivered on schedule.  We Will see.

This one is being shipped by the AML-US.... that is, I think, their distribution center. 

So strange that we are having issues with them, at this point in time. I live near Boston. I am wondering if a lot of it is due to them opening a distribution center near me. It opened 3 weeks ago. I do not thing they have their 'Act' together....

I will give Amazon another chance with a different product, in the future. If I have the same issue, then I will think twice about ordering from them, unless it is necessary. I am just thinking that because coloring is the "new" adult thing, and it is 'back to school' shopping season, that is why these items are out of stock. 

I would have canceled the order but my local Staples does not have the Prismacolors 50 in stock. I would either have to go to a different store or order it on line...so I am not panning on going to AC Moore or Michaels as of yet...busy week---getting my house in order because I am not going to be able to do any house work or r lift anything for a week due to stitches... So the pencils and coloring will come in handy...

In comparison, so far I am having great service ordering from Chewy.  

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Michael's is too expensive, IMO. The Prismacolors I ordered for $39 on Amazon are $90 at Michael's
Even with a 40% off coupon the pencils are still cheaper on Amazon. A small art supply store a few blocks from work have the exact same pencils for about $50. I'm going to return my Amazon order using the Missed delivery date option and just buy the pencils from the art supply store.

I didn't find Amazon chat to  be helpful either. I gave them the order number and stated the issue (missing package that lhas a status of delivered) but it still took the person several minutes to figure out what I was talking about. It makes me wonder if I'm really talking to an Amazon employee or some random slacker guy on a computer in his parents' basement. Maybe we should start a new thread about our Amazon issues.

Artiemom, keep an eye on that order. If it's AMZL-US your package may be marked as delivered when it's actually not. So don't freak out like I did if you can't find the package on the day it's supposedly delievered. I wonder if they're just marking packages as delivered to meet some kind of daily delivery quota and are being sneaky about not getting packages actually delievered until the next day.

So no coloring for me until maybe tomorrow 
  I'll work on some pages I printed off online but I'm limited to a red Sharpie, a blue pen, and a black pen
Maybe I'll borrow some highlighters from work to use.

Last edited:

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Got my 36 count Prismacolor pencils yesterday!  Was up late trying them out ha haaa.

I ordered on ebay, $17.97; shipped from Kentucky.  These are in the Spanish box; but the color names on the pencils are printed in both Spanish and English.  Same company, same good quality, just less $.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished! It took about 3 hours.  Something cool about this mandala's coloring book I forgot to mention is that on the back of each one tells the meaning of it. I have always chosen which one to color at the time by what I was drawn to. I never read the back until I finished it. I didn't want to choose one by what it said, but by what I was drawn to, then I would read it when finished, & every time, I kid you not, it has related to me at that time in my life! 

Here's what this one said on the back,

I found this interesting, because the last two months have been stress filled, & couldn't wait for them to be over. In June I had my "fender bender" for those of you who read that thread. Then, exactly a month to the day, my computer was compromised, & I had to spend money I didn't have to fix it, & buy more security for it. Also, a back pain that tends to come along every few months or so started acting up again a few weeks ago.

I finally got x-rays at a Chiropractor, & found less disc (not very degenerated, but still less) were between L-3, 4, & 5, so that's why I was inflammed & hurting off & on for 2 weeks. 

SO, I feel like the "scattered pieces" this talks about is all that STUFF! Finally over, & getting better. NOW, I am glad it's August, which is also my birthday month! So hopefully, it will be much better!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Angels mommy  I find it fascinating how we can be drawn to things which can be meaningful and healing to us if we allow ourself to relax and follow our intuition.  I love the colours you have used in that mandela too.  There is a sense of everything being in a capsule so I hope this is indeed a staring point for all these events in your life being under control and you now moving on from them.

I have been at my mothers for the evening and my niece was there who I had bought the Johanna Banford book for when it first came out.  I had taken my pencils along and the books I have been colouring to show my mother and brothers, and suggested to my niece she might like to try the pencils.  Well she started to colour and it was so funny to see her instantly addicted to a patern and carried away.  LoL.   She is now hooked on the pencils too, they are so much nicer to work with than felt pens.   

@Artiemom   Which ever route you eventually get them, I hope you have your pencils before Friday and find colouring with them helps you heal from the surgery and pass your time positively while you are not able to do so much.