Adopted Cat may be pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yep, Bliss needs human interaction too! Sweet little kittens. [emoji]128149[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thatonelass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I spend as much time as I can with her, I keep a pillow in the closet I can sit on and read while I take a break from renovating and unpacking. I'm really happy she still wants me around her nest, she's still very loving. She has a habit of forgetting how many little jellybeans she has and will accidentally sit on them sometimes.

I did take your advice on the smaller kittens and fed them an extra time today, and I'll top them off again before bed.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do we know yet what the sexes of the kittens are?

And I can't tell if that little guy is tri-colored or not...we can wait for a better photo.

thatonelass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're only a week old, so  haven't tried sexing them yet. ^^

They're gaining weight! The smaller ones have started catching up with the bigger guys.

The first born seems to already be opening his eyes! I did notice though, lately instead of mewing he makes a huffing noise. He seems healthy, though, feeding often and Bliss isn't trying to separate him from the others.

thatonelass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm super relieved everything so far has gone well, and I really want to thank you all again for your help!

We're getting our internet set up tomorrow, and I also need to change her nest bedding so be prepared for pictures.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't wait for pictures!  The more the merrier!  And be aware...I am totally addicted to kitten's tails!  Just ask @HelloMissKitty!  SHE knows!  So make sure there are cute, wedgie little tails in those pictures!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm too am going to have to echo the sentiments of excitement over kitten photos!! I especially have a soft spot for ginger kitties and Miss Bliss seems to have at least a couple ginger babies in her litter [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ So excited!!

thatonelass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got a few for you guys! I decide to wait until their eyes were open to share :)

I think Bliss decided the closet was too hot for her, so it's moving day. She's being really awkward about it and so far has only managed to move the smallest one. She keeps meowing at the others, I think she expects them to get up and follow.

I'm just hanging out with the others until he figures it out, in case I need to put then with her. The littlest one is the last one to open her eyes, although it's only one eye at the moment. Should I be concerned about that?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
thatonelass thatonelass

Move them for her! She needs help. No, little ones can open their eyes later. They are cuties! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

thatonelass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good! I didn't know if this was something she needed to do herself, so I'm happy I can help. Everyone's in their new spot and feeding! She seems much happier now.

I think on it and realize she was finding new nest spots last night, one of which was under my blanket. She was pretty vocal today, I just took it as her going stir crazy.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awesome! Moms like to move the babies, but as the babies get bigger, it gets very difficult for mom. Glad you could help! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

thatonelass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Huge update!!

Finally, things are settled down. The kittens are getting very mobile, and starting to have an interest in water. 

Today, we took a trip to the shelter to get their pictures taken and put in the system, since we decided it would be best for them to get homes that way. We offered to foster them, so we keep them all until they get homes! 

My husband is trying to talk me into keeping one of them, the smallest girl who we've named Pepper. 

They've already got them up on the website! They'll adopt out all over the East Texas Area, even as far out as Dallas, so if anyone wants some munchkins, they'll be ready for adoption soon!

http://www.petango.com/webservices/...://hsntx.anakin.encoredemo.com/css/iframe.css  - Basil

http://www.petango.com/webservices/...://hsntx.anakin.encoredemo.com/css/iframe.css  - Sage

http://www.petango.com/webservices/...://hsntx.anakin.encoredemo.com/css/iframe.css  - Bean (he's the first born, and the largest)

http://www.petango.com/webservices/...://hsntx.anakin.encoredemo.com/css/iframe.css  - Pepper (Female, not male. Possibly keeping her!)

http://www.petango.com/webservices/...://hsntx.anakin.encoredemo.com/css/iframe.css  - Parsley (second oldest!) 

thatonelass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
8 weeks is when we are able to get them shots and dewormed, and when we're required to start going to pet events with the shelter, so pretty much after they're weaned. 

thatonelass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Absolutely!! Even when she was pregnant, it never crossed my mind to give her up. We ended up taking the kittens to the shelter we adopted her from, and they were super understanding about the whole thing and apologized for not catching her pregnancy. 

They even offered to waive the drop off fee if at any time we're not able to care for the kittens, we can just bring them to their new facility and they'll find them a foster. It's a good piece of mind, knowing if something happens I won't have to pay $250 to drop them off (it's a $50 fee per animal).